ARMA SPEED
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   BMW M3 and BMW M4 Forum > BMW F80 M3 / F82 M4 Technical Topics > Wheels | Tires -- Sponsored by The Tire Rack

09-16-2018, 05:39 PM   #1
chetman7
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: F80 m3

How to gauge wheel/tire optimal setup

Have a f80 that will remain at stock height.

I'm looking for new wheels for summer and my stock 437s will be for winter setup

How are you guys gauging what wheel widths/offsets fit and choosing the right tire size so that it will not rub or look too stretched?

A little overwhelmed with the vast wheel/tire combos that I feel like I should stick to stock wheel/tire specs for easiness or copy another members wheel/tire setup.
Appreciate 0
      09-16-2018, 10:02 PM   #2
SherM4n
M4 748(a)
United_States
Rep
Drives: '18 M4, '12 TT RS, '02 TT

Willtheyfit.com seems to be a good online width/offset calculator. Tire sizes are a bit more complicated since even the same tire type may offer treadwidths that don't intuitively correspond to the tire's width. Tirerack, for example, has detailed specs for the diameter, width, tread width, etc., of the tires they sell.
      09-17-2018, 10:06 AM   #3
golfinz
Captain
Rep
Drives: Tanzanite M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by chetman7 View Post

I'm looking for new wheels for summer and my stock 437s will be for winter setup

How are you guys gauging what wheel widths/offsets fit and choosing the right tire size so that it will not rub or look too stretched?

A little overwhelmed with the vast wheel/tire combos that I feel like I should stick to stock wheel/tire specs for easiness or copy another members wheel/tire setup.
Put trust in whoever you are buying your wheels from. They should know what size, offset and tire to run based on the suspension you are running. If they don't, look somewhere else.

I got caught up in all of that stuff but after wrestling with it for a while, I let Jimmy Signature Wheel BMW steer me in the right direction (was buying a new set of 20" SV104's from him) and was happy I did.

What size wheel are you looking for?
Appreciate 1
      09-19-2018, 08:00 AM   #4
mischiefbenz
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2017 F80

Quote:
Originally Posted by golfinz View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by chetman7 View Post

Put trust in whoever you are buying your wheels from. They should know what size, offset and tire to run based on the suspension you are running. If they don't, look somewhere else.

I got caught up in all of that stuff but after wrestling with it for a while, I let Jimmy Signature Wheel BMW steer me in the right direction (was buying a new set of 20" SV104's from him) and was happy I did.

What size wheel are you looking for?
I agree. A good custom wheel manufacturers will know the best figment for you car based on your setup. I personally have a great success with Forgestar. Probably the best value in the market.
Appreciate 0
      09-21-2018, 11:22 AM   #5
SpaceCowboy
Private
Rep
Drives: 2016 F80 M3 in white with CS

https://tiresize.com/wheel-offset-calculator/
Appreciate 0