Autotalent
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   BMW M3 and BMW M4 Forum > BMW F80 M3 / F82 M4 Technical Topics > Wheels | Tires -- Sponsored by The Tire Rack

10-17-2018, 07:26 AM   #1
espressoo
Major
Rep
Drives: '18 M3 Comp|'23 X5 45e|'24 X7

HRE Red Center Caps??

Does HRE make red center caps? What options are available? The only thing I can find is something like this but I don't know if they are one-offs.

Appreciate 0
      10-17-2018, 07:36 AM   #2
GOLFFRR
Rep
Drives: GOLFFRR cart

looks off to me with a red cap

I personally like their red white blue cap (which I have) which is shown in the logo in those pics.

BEFORE YOU BUY YOUR NEXT BMW, EMAIL OUR GUY KOTE FIRST!
Kote M Sales:Kotem@bmwofcamarillo.com Cell:805-368-9101
vipfinance@bmwofcamarillo.com for warranties!
Appreciate 0
      10-17-2018, 08:13 AM   #3
espressoo
Major
Rep
Drives: '18 M3 Comp|'23 X5 45e|'24 X7

The red/white/blue ones are iconic that's for sure. I have black wheels on an AW car and red center caps provide a nice contrast. Otherwise black tires, black wheels and mostly black center caps is like staring into a black hole. The red/white/blue ones look good on silver wheels but doesn't look right on black wheels depending on the color of your vehicle.

If HRE offered these and made the parts in black now to red I think that would look good and another option for owners.

Appreciate 0
      10-23-2018, 02:03 PM   #4
HRE_Wheels
United_States
Rep
Drives: F80 M3 6MT

Quote:
Originally Posted by espressoo View Post
Does HRE make red center caps? What options are available? The only thing I can find is something like this but I don't know if they are one-offs.

Glad you asked so I can clear this all up publicly.

The caps that you have pictured in your post are Billet caps with H R E engraved into them. We no longer produce that Billet cap, instead we only produce it with our shield logo which looks like this:

The above billet cap is $100/ea, powdercoated in the same finish as the center of your wheels. One thing we cannot really do is polish this cap because polishing removes the machined edges of the cap, softens it up and doesn't look as good so we prefer not to polish these caps but we can powdercoat them essentially any one of our colors we produce today. So if you wanted a cap like what you see in the Corvette, you can get these Shield caps and order them in any current powdercoat you want that we offer (*in which there are over 70 finishes). Billet caps are reserved for Forged wheels only.

Standard Red/White/Blue caps are reserved for Forged wheels only, they are $25/ea if you prefer these:
https://www.hrewheels.com/store/acce...t-of-four-caps

Either option you want to purchase, you can call us to make the order, but you MUST have your Forged HRE Wheel serial number handy when you call us to order, we require it to ensure the proper sizing of the cap, and to verify you have a legit set of HRE's. If you have a set of FlowForm wheels, there is only one cap style and that's the standard cap we include with every FlowForm wheel set.

Appreciate 1
TurboAL471030.00
      10-17-2019, 05:19 PM   #5
JK READY
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: F30 335i

Quote:
Originally Posted by HRE_Wheels View Post
Glad you asked so I can clear this all up publicly.

The caps that you have pictured in your post are Billet caps with H R E engraved into them. We no longer produce that Billet cap, instead we only produce it with our shield logo which looks like this:

The above billet cap is $100/ea, powdercoated in the same finish as the center of your wheels. One thing we cannot really do is polish this cap because polishing removes the machined edges of the cap, softens it up and doesn't look as good so we prefer not to polish these caps but we can powdercoat them essentially any one of our colors we produce today. So if you wanted a cap like what you see in the Corvette, you can get these Shield caps and order them in any current powdercoat you want that we offer (*in which there are over 70 finishes). Billet caps are reserved for Forged wheels only.

Standard Red/White/Blue caps are reserved for Forged wheels only, they are $25/ea if you prefer these:
https://www.hrewheels.com/store/acce...t-of-four-caps

Either option you want to purchase, you can call us to make the order, but you MUST have your Forged HRE Wheel serial number handy when you call us to order, we require it to ensure the proper sizing of the cap, and to verify you have a legit set of HRE's. If you have a set of FlowForm wheels, there is only one cap style and that's the standard cap we include with every FlowForm wheel set.

Hello, I contacted HRE before about wanting to change my center cap for FF01 to the iconic red/blue/white center cap but I know that sizing is different on the original cap which is meant for forged wheels only.

Is there a way to custom order the forged wheel center cap to fit my FF01? I can also pick up the center caps at Vista as I live in San Diego.

If you guys can clarify this for me, I would appreciate it.

Thank you.
Appreciate 0
      10-18-2019, 09:29 AM   #6
BS_CS
No Armrest club
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2018 BMW M3 CS / 2014 BMW X5

Quote:
Originally Posted by JK READY View Post
Hello, I contacted HRE before about wanting to change my center cap for FF01 to the iconic red/blue/white center cap but I know that sizing is different on the original cap which is meant for forged wheels only.

Is there a way to custom order the forged wheel center cap to fit my FF01? I can also pick up the center caps at Vista as I live in San Diego.

Thank you.
Red/White/Blue caps are for Forged wheels only so they won't allow you to purchase it if you call them directly, you require a Forged wheel serial number.

Sizing isn't different, it's identical between the FlowForm caps and the Forged caps (with exception to Porsche FF01's which run Porsche OE sized caps).

No way to custom order, no way for you to be able to order them from HRE UNLESS you have a serial number off a Forged set.

This is of course they still have the same policy, but all the red/white/blue caps that I know of have "Forged" written on them so they don't like selling them to FlowForm wheel owners.
      10-22-2019, 12:12 AM   #7
Justin.AutoTalent
Banned
Rep
Drives: F80 M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by JK READY View Post

Thank you.
They no longer allow the forged caps to be sold for non forged wheels, any additional caps require the HRE Serial # now before processing the order

We've had a few people inquire
Appreciate 0