BMW X5 and X6 Forum 2014-Current
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

04-18-2019, 01:11 AM   #1
InsipidMonkey
Premium Monkey
Rep
Drives: N54 E61, N57 F15

Comfort Seat Tilt Adjustment?

I have the comfort seats in my E61 and love them. They are incredibly comfortable and supportive, and I can drive for hours without fatigue. Needless to say, I consider them a "must have" and made sure the X5 I bought had them.

Unfortunately, I find them nowhere near as comfortable as the seats in my 5 series, and have been unable to adjust the seats to fit me properly. I was convinced the seat was smaller, so I took a tape measure and inclinometer app out to both cars to measure.

I was surprised to find both seats were nearly exactly the same size in width and length with the thigh bolster fully extended. It turns out the difference is entirely due to the seat tilt angle. The X5 seat has a maximum tilt of about 18 degrees, while the 5 series seat can tilt in excess of 30 degrees. This additional tilt is critical to keep my thighs supported enough that my foot can rest on the pedal without depressing it versus having to keep my foot bent upward at idle.

Can someone with comfort seats measure the maximum tilt angle of their seat to confirm that mine is working properly?

Is anyone aware of a procedure to adjust the tilt angle or range of motion of the seat?

The closest I have been able to find is this TIS on how to remove the seat tilt motor:
https://www.newtis.info/tisv2/a/en/f...ort/1VnXgJrCx9
Appreciate 0