BMW X5 and X6 Forum 2014-Current
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

04-18-2019, 05:29 AM   #1
dinanx6f16
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: BMW X6 F16

Intercooler

Hey guys, anyone knows where I can get an aftermarket front mounted intercooler for an x6 f16? I only found Wagner but they're always out of stock. I'm tryna go bm3 stage 2 but need an intercooler Thanks!
Appreciate 0
      04-18-2019, 10:18 AM   #2
mrod81
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: BMW F15

Quote:
Originally Posted by dinanx6f16 View Post
Hey guys, anyone knows where I can get an aftermarket front mounted intercooler for an x6 f16? I only found Wagner but they're always out of stock. I'm tryna go bm3 stage 2 but need an intercooler Thanks!
I'm in the same boat...
Bootmod3 is pretty awesome, glad I jumped on it.
Appreciate 0
      04-18-2019, 05:51 PM   #3
sbinshihon
Captain
Rep
Drives: X5 M Sport

Quote:
Is your car 35i ? If so you dont need to upgrade the intercooler, its a lot bigger than in other cars F30,F10 etc. and can hold stage two fine.
Appreciate 1
r33_RGSport12971.00
      04-18-2019, 08:14 PM   #4
dinanx6f16
Private First Class
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by sbinshihon View Post
Quote:
Is your car 35i ? If so you dont need to upgrade the intercooler, its a lot bigger than in other cars F30,F10 etc. and can hold stage two fine.
Quote:
Quote:
Oh for real?? If so, imma go and order my downpipe and charge Pipe this weekend 😂. I really don't wanna fuck the actual car up tho. That's why I was really looking for an intercooler.
Appreciate 0
      04-18-2019, 08:25 PM   #5
mrod81
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: BMW F15

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Oh for real?? If so, imma go and order my downpipe and charge Pipe this weekend 😂. I really don't wanna fuck the actual car up tho. That's why I was really looking for an intercooler.
Hahaha same here been waiting for them to come back in stock but now I think I'll go the the downpipe too.

Hit up Ben, dude is super cool and has good prices.
Appreciate 1
r33_RGSport12971.00
      04-18-2019, 08:27 PM   #6
dinanx6f16
Private First Class
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrod81 View Post
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Hahaha same here been waiting for them to come back in stock but now I think I'll go the the downpipe too.

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by mrod81 View Post
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

Yea for sure! How's your build going? If you wanna check mine out its on Instagram @bmwsex6 !! Made an private instagram account so I can see the progress of my mods! Hahaha
Appreciate 1
mrod81207.50
      04-19-2019, 12:24 AM   #7
r33_RGSport
General
United_States
Rep
Drives: G09 XM, G05 X5 40, 991.2 T

Quote:
Quote:
That's what I've been saying all along.
Why wouldn't I don't want to sell you guys some mods?
If I recommend it, for sure Violator will jump all over it so he can close his mod thread.
Active Autowerke • KW • H&R • Ohlins • Remus • and more...
Appreciate 2
Violator4587.50
mrod81207.50
      04-19-2019, 03:13 PM   #8
spacegray_f15
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2014 N55 M sport

Wagner still hasn't released their f15/16 platform, they have moved their release date 4 times... as far as the stock intercooler goes, it does hold stage 2, I am running it now and it's fine. One of my friends ran stage 2 with a jb4 and straight pipes and he said that he would overheat sometimes. Also the stock f15 intercooler is bigger than other n55 oem ones but they aren't that big, all the aftermarket ones are much bigger.
Attached Images

Appreciate 0