BMW X5 and X6 Forum 2014-Current
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

04-26-2019, 04:03 PM   #1
sportsguyred
Rep
Drives: Mercedes E350

X5 Seats vs X3 Seats

Does anyone know if the X5 seats are "wider" / more comfortable than X3?

I just took 2019 X3 for test drive and the seats were super uncomfortable for me. I opened the side bolsters as far as possible but the sides of the seats seem to be quite narrow.

I am not skinny, but my mother who is quite skinny also noticed that the X3 seats are quite narrow with the side bolsters.
Appreciate 0
      04-26-2019, 05:33 PM   #2
TheUltimateDrivingManiac
Freude am Fahren.
Canada
Rep
Drives: F15 X5 xDrive35i

Garage List
There are 3 different seat options for X5 and 2 for X3.
      04-27-2019, 04:40 PM   #3
CoffeeBean
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 640i M-Sport GC

Yeah for the X5 there are comfort seats which are awesome, sport seats (standard on M Sport), and then there are the regular ones which are like sitting on concrete. Don't know how the X3 options compare, but I imagine you don't have the regular ones in your X5 and that X3 does.
Appreciate 0
      04-27-2019, 09:50 PM   #4
TOPEC
<3 Flat Four
Canada
Rep
Drives: 335is LM Blue

Quote:
Originally Posted by sportsguyred View Post
Does anyone know if the X5 seats are "wider" / more comfortable than X3?

I just took 2019 X3 for test drive and the seats were super uncomfortable for me. I opened the side bolsters as far as possible but the sides of the seats seem to be quite narrow.

I am not skinny, but my mother who is quite skinny also noticed that the X3 seats are quite narrow with the side bolsters.
funny that u mention this, i had a loaner 2018 X3 for a few days and found the seats very uncomfortable. mine had the basic seats, which means it had no lumbar adjustment (the seat back had a pretty pronounced bulge), and limited bottom seat adjustment (the bottom seat cushion cannot be adjusted completely flat, only the front of the bottom cushion can be raised or lower meaning the lower cushion will always be at a tilt no matter how low u try and make the front of the cushion go).

Quote:
Originally Posted by CoffeeBean View Post
Yeah for the X5 there are comfort seats which are awesome, sport seats (standard on M Sport), and then there are the regular ones which are like sitting on concrete. Don't know how the X3 options compare, but I imagine you don't have the regular ones in your X5 and that X3 does.
dont forget theres somewhat of a 4th seat option which is the comfort seat with ventilation option, which, make it a bit less comfortable than comfort seats without ventilation.