BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
Go Back   6Post.com | BMW 6-Series Forum > BMW 6 Series Forum > General 6-Series Coupe, Convertible, and Gran Coupe Forum

07-24-2019, 10:02 AM   #1
Frupal
Mad Fiddler
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2016 BMW 640i GC

Interesting!

The new Corvette will come equipped with Michelin All Season tires...

https://www.caranddriver.com/news/a2...-season-tires/
Appreciate 0
      07-24-2019, 04:27 PM   #2
thebmw
Post Advisor
Rep
Drives: More Manuals than Automatics

Michelin All Seasons (AS3+ and now Pilot Sport All Season 4) are much better than the older all seasons from just a few years ago. These are really capable summer tires that can handle light snow well. Their limitations will be in heavier snow and track like driving, but most don't do or encounter either.
Only issue is that they are run flats. Coupled with their low profile, they will drive like rocks. Thus, AS3+ would have been a better choice IMO.
Appreciate 1
Frupal791.50
      07-24-2019, 10:08 PM   #3
Frupal
Mad Fiddler
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2016 BMW 640i GC

Quote:
Originally Posted by thebmw View Post
Michelin All Seasons (AS3+ and now Pilot Sport All Season 4) are much better than the older all seasons from just a few years ago. These are really capable summer tires that can handle light snow well. Their limitations will be in heavier snow and track like driving, but most don't do or encounter either.
Only issue is that they are run flats. Coupled with their low profile, they will drive like rocks. Thus, AS3+ would have been a better choice IMO.
Agreed!
Appreciate 0
      07-25-2019, 08:19 PM   #4
ezmaass
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: '17 650xi GC / '15 Audi R8 V10

I have to say - I'm not a Corvette fan, but GM did a fantastic job with the C8. It has a few awkward angles, but my God... $60k starting price for a naturally aspirated V8 powered mid-engine sports car making 495hp?? That's fantastic. And with a few options (Z51), you're UNDER 3 seconds to 60! The Z06 and ZR1 variants are going to be insane.

The interior is also a large step up - lots of stitched leather, alcantara, etc. The two tone leather certainly looks far more expensive than the actual price.

Yes, I think these are going to sell well... as they should. Congrats to GM here. It was a long time in the making, and they've shamed a lot of manufacturers who charge considerably more for a similar package... and GM managed a NA V8 (no FI here!), frunk AND trunk storage, and a targa roof.

Much like the original NSX lit a fire under Ferrari and gave us the monumental leap to the 355, I sincerely think the C8 is going to do the same... especially in upper end variants, which will undoubtedly shame a few entry level supercars at 2x - 3x the price.
Appreciate 1
Frupal791.50