BMW M3 Forum (E90 E92)

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   M3Post - BMW M3 Forum > M3 (E90 / E92 / E93) > General M3 Forum (E90 + E92 + E93)

BPM

08-15-2008, 01:41 AM   #1
bigmaze
bigmaze
Germany
Rep
Drives: 08 m3/ss2/mt/pre/teck/inhance

anybody else rtti not working for there 08 m3?

anyone who cares!!! i have a july 08 model coupe fully loaded and my rtti is not working wth man all that money and no rtti...i had an 08 335 that worked perfect but for some reason the latter m3 models rrti is not working ,,im stationed in germany with an american spec car..can anyone shed some light on this..
Appreciate 0
      08-15-2008, 01:53 AM   #2
Big Windy
Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: None

rtti? real time traffic information?

should be working. see your dealer. but just FYI, the traffic info in germany isn't all that great. it sucked on the 335i and it would always be 20 mins behind.
Appreciate 0
      08-15-2008, 02:12 AM   #3
bigmaze
bigmaze
Germany
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Big Windy View Post
rtti? real time traffic information?

should be working. see your dealer. but just FYI, the traffic info in germany isn't all that great. it sucked on the 335i and it would always be 20 mins behind.
i did call them and they told me that there was a problem of some sort with the latter models,im like wth i didnt evenknow until i was leaving the dealer and got stuck in traffic,,and it didnt work..my 335 worked great it was dead on ,it was an 08 model as well..i really depended on that rtti since i do a lot of traveling in germany..
Appreciate 0
      08-15-2008, 02:24 AM   #4
hakaida442
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 11 Porsche 911 Carrera GTS

Despite having nav in both my cars I still use a garmin nav. oem systems can't compare.
Appreciate 0
      08-15-2008, 03:07 AM   #5
Big Windy
Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: None

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigmaze View Post
i did call them and they told me that there was a problem of some sort with the latter models,im like wth i didnt evenknow until i was leaving the dealer and got stuck in traffic,,and it didnt work..my 335 worked great it was dead on ,it was an 08 model as well..i really depended on that rtti since i do a lot of traveling in germany..
hmm..my 335i was an 07 and i really didn't like the rtti. it always seem to be behind the power curve. it would try to reroute me to avoid the autobahn traffic and then there would be no traffic. i'm glad that you're saying that it is better now. hopefully they get it working in the m3.
Appreciate 0
      08-15-2008, 03:48 AM   #6
bigmaze
bigmaze
Germany
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by hakaida442 View Post
Despite having nav in both my cars I still use a garmin nav. oem systems can't compare.
well my navi still works great its just the rtti is not activated..what a bummer i had i in my 335 and i got so use to it since i travel alot in germany..havent tried the garmin tho..how is that is comparison?
Appreciate 0
      08-15-2008, 04:00 AM   #7
bigmaze
bigmaze
Germany
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Big Windy View Post
hmm..my 335i was an 07 and i really didn't like the rtti. it always seem to be behind the power curve. it would try to reroute me to avoid the autobahn traffic and then there would be no traffic. i'm glad that you're saying that it is better now. hopefully they get it working in the m3.
yeah you shouldnt have a problem with the 09 models from what the dealer has told me..so they did away with the latter m3( july) programs and improved the 09 program for the m3 and just shut down the factory for 09 productions leaving everyone that got a m3 in july with with out the program..but improved the 09 im like wth..they need to hurry up and fix the problem apparantly im not the only one with this problem..theres alot of pissed off customers i have ran into..but on the brite side my cup holder for the center arm rest keeps your soda cold or hot what ever temperature you want..sorda like an ice chest or a thermos
Appreciate 0