BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
Go Back   6Post.com | BMW 6-Series Forum > BMW 6 Series Forum > General 6-Series Coupe, Convertible, and Gran Coupe Forum

11-26-2019, 04:21 PM   #1
finalfan7asy
Rep
Drives: BMW M6 Grand Coupe

Garage List
M6 Wheel Offset Recommendation

I'm looking to purchase new wheels for my 2014 M6 but I'm not completely informed about wheel offset. SDWheel.com recommends 15mm to 35mm front and 10mm to 25mm rear. Do I want the same offset size for both the front and rear or should they be different?
Appreciate 0
      11-27-2019, 10:02 AM   #2
xxTHIR13ENxx
First Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: M6 Gran Coupe

Hi there.

The best way to approach wheel setup is going with what your OEM specs are and then adjusting from there.
OEM M6 wheels specs:

Fronts: 20"x9.5" et.31
Rears: 20"x10.5" et.19

Some of us run 10mm spacers in the fronts and 12mm in the rears for a final et. of 21 and 7 respectively. This essentially pushes the OEM wheels flush with the fenders.
If you're considering changing the width of the wheels (wider or narrower), the offsets would also be affected. The best approach in that case would be willtheyfit.com

Put in the OEM specs and then the new wheel setup and you'll see how further in/out they'll sit.

Hope this helps.
- Leo.
Appreciate 0