BMW M3 Forum (E90 E92)

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   M3Post - BMW M3 Forum > E90/E92 M3 Technical Topics > Engine, Transmission, Exhaust, Drivetrain, ECU Software Modifications

BPM

12-16-2019, 05:13 PM   #1
Kmad86
Private
Rep
Drives: E92M3/2015 GMC 2500HD/2005 S2k

Schwaben / Foxwell NT510 - Battery Register / Brake Reset Problems

I have a Foxwell NT510 which my understand was it was the same as the Schwaben tool. Yesterday I replaced my battery and went to register it. It kept failing until I turned the car on for a bit then it said it successfully registered, BUT it never gave me an option to enter in the battery number, and when I clicked option 1 to change to AGM battery, it just tells me it's now registered. Things didn't seem right.

Another problem was several months back I replaced my brakes, but I never went in and reset them in the car. It wasn't due so I didn't have any brake lights on or anything. Well, dumb me goes into the tool and resets the brakes. IIRC I saw 80% and now it says something like 244% BUT my brake light is on the car and the car is now telling me I need to replace the front and rear brakes. I thought I approached the reset properly.

Any suggestions?
Appreciate 0
      12-17-2019, 12:54 PM   #2
sdbmwcoding
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: BMW M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kmad86 View Post
I have a Foxwell NT510 which my understand was it was the same as the Schwaben tool. Yesterday I replaced my battery and went to register it. It kept failing until I turned the car on for a bit then it said it successfully registered, BUT it never gave me an option to enter in the battery number, and when I clicked option 1 to change to AGM battery, it just tells me it's now registered. Things didn't seem right.

Another problem was several months back I replaced my brakes, but I never went in and reset them in the car. It wasn't due so I didn't have any brake lights on or anything. Well, dumb me goes into the tool and resets the brakes. IIRC I saw 80% and now it says something like 244% BUT my brake light is on the car and the car is now telling me I need to replace the front and rear brakes. I thought I approached the reset properly.

Any suggestions?
Can't comment on the battery registration process as I've never used the tool but if you are having that brake issue it means you babe a faulty front sensor. I'd check both sensors and make sure they're installed properly or didn't trip. You can also try resetting the light from the dash if you think it's the scan tools issue.
Appreciate 0
      12-18-2019, 05:42 PM   #3
Kmad86
Private
Rep
Drives: E92M3/2015 GMC 2500HD/2005 S2k

Quote:
Originally Posted by sd********* View Post
Can't comment on the battery registration process as I've never used the tool but if you are having that brake issue it means you babe a faulty front sensor. I'd check both sensors and make sure they're installed properly or didn't trip. You can also try resetting the light from the dash if you think it's the scan tools issue.
I tried to reset it on the dash too, and it seemed to successfully go through the reset process but I still have the red BRAKE light on the dash as well as it telling me my front and rear needs serviced.

Before I reset the brakes with my scan tool, I had no lights and no brake reminders in the computer. I just decided it would be a good idea to reset them with the tool since I had actually replaced the pads a while back but never did. Dumb me I guess. So surely this is software related, I just don't know what i am doing wrong. When I turn the car off now it also shows me the car on a lift icon. I even tried to reset that by holding the odometer procedure. I'm at a loss.
Appreciate 0
      12-18-2019, 07:22 PM   #4
sdbmwcoding
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: BMW M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kmad86 View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by sd********* View Post
I tried to reset it on the dash too, and it seemed to successfully go through the reset process but I still have the red BRAKE light on the dash as well as it telling me my front and rear needs serviced.

Before I reset the brakes with my scan tool, I had no lights and no brake reminders in the computer. I just decided it would be a good idea to reset them with the tool since I had actually replaced the pads a while back but never did. Dumb me I guess. So surely this is software related, I just don't know what i am doing wrong. When I turn the car off now it also shows me the car on a lift icon. I even tried to reset that by holding the odometer procedure. I'm at a loss.
You tripped the sensor in the front and the only way to get the light off is to replace the sensor now or cut the tip of the sensor off and twist the exposed wires together and then reset the service interval. There's a thread that was created just recently with a person that had the same exact issue as you, he kept saying it can't be a faulty sensor. He ended up changing the sensor and the light went away. That's really your only choice currently
Appreciate 0
      12-19-2019, 06:10 PM   #5
drrust
Captain
Rep
Drives: E90 M3 DCT Sedan

I have the Schwaben version. I seem to muddle through the resets every-time. One thing to try is to insert the key fob into the slot when doing this. I had encountered a similar situation even though my rear brake sensor was pulled from the pad and tied away from the brakes.

Under the 'Main Groups' menu, select
3 Service.

Should get 'Service Functions' menu, select
1 Maintenance

Under 'Maintenance' menu, select
3 CBS correction, vehicle data

Should get menu similar to image. Select 1 then adjust for whichever value is off. You may have to run an auto scan for codes and reset them. Good Luck
Attached Images

Appreciate 1
Theodore668.50