GetBMWParts
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   BMW M3 and BMW M4 Forum > BMW F80 M3 / F82 M4 Technical Topics > Engine / Drivetrain / Exhaust / Bolt-ons / Tuning

04-09-2020, 07:39 PM   #1
Ceros15
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 2016 Mustang v6

Weird noise while driving

So I'm driving on the freeway and car starts to feel like I'm losing traction and I slow down and maybe 15 seconds later I notice a weird noise so I put the music all the way down and I was able to record the car making this noise. Anyone know what this could be? It didn't make this at all today until just now when driving home from work.

Appreciate 2
      04-10-2020, 02:24 AM   #2
Beemerm3
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 16' BMW m3

That is a weird noise n it does seem like u are losing traction. But the dsc lights aren’t even on. Do u have a mpe?
Appreciate 0
      04-10-2020, 06:43 AM   #3
behindthen0thing
Captain
Rep
Drives: M4

maybe your exhaust is hitting the frame? Thats what it sounds like when a midpipe hits the crossmember
Appreciate 0
      04-10-2020, 11:27 AM   #4
Ceros15
Private First Class
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by behindthen0thing View Post
maybe your exhaust is hitting the frame? Thats what it sounds like when a midpipe hits the crossmember
Is it really?? I just had my midpipe done maybe 2-3 weeks ago. I got the vrsf single midpipe and my exhaust guy did have a little trouble making it fit but I feel like it should've already made the noise before. Maybe since yesterday it was raining it came loose or something?
Appreciate 1
      04-11-2020, 01:03 PM   #5
behindthen0thing
Captain
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ceros15 View Post
Is it really?? I just had my midpipe done maybe 2-3 weeks ago. I got the vrsf single midpipe and my exhaust guy did have a little trouble making it fit but I feel like it should've already made the noise before. Maybe since yesterday it was raining it came loose or something?
yeah thats exactly what mine sounds like when my single midpipe hits the crossmember when accelerating from a stop.
Appreciate 0
      04-12-2020, 08:43 AM   #6
Ceros15
Private First Class
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by behindthen0thing View Post
Quote:
yeah thats exactly what mine sounds like when my single midpipe hits the crossmember when accelerating from a stop.
I went to where I originally had the exhaust done 2 weeks ago and it was exactly what you said! It was hitting that little brace under it, my midpipe had scratches on it. Put washers between the brace and the frame of the car so now no touching! Thank you !!
Appreciate 1
      04-12-2020, 10:08 AM   #7
behindthen0thing
Captain
Rep

Quote:
I went to where I originally had the exhaust done 2 weeks ago and it was exactly what you said! It was hitting that little brace under it, my midpipe had scratches on it. Put washers between the brace and the frame of the car so now no touching! Thank you !!
Glad it could be of some help!
Appreciate 1
LINF83852.00