BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
Go Back   6Post.com | BMW 6-Series Forum > BMW 6 Series Forum > General 6-Series Coupe, Convertible, and Gran Coupe Forum

06-13-2020, 11:53 AM   #1
rxryanm.
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: 650xi GC

Having some electronic/head unit issues, help?

Ok ladies and gents, as the title says. The first issue that has been happening for a little while is USB connectivity weirdness. This could honestly be attributed to my iPhone's port being a bit linty, which is why I've just dealt with it. It'll cut out randomly, but unplugging and replugging the cable typically works to fix it. No such luck today. Unplugged it from the phone and car multiple times and still getting a not connected issue. No luck on my iPod I keep in the center console either.

Issue two stemmed from the above - no bluetooth connectivity. My phone says it's connected to the car, shows in setting and Spotify, and the car says it's connected in the BT menu, but I can't play any music via BT (didn't try a call). No idea when this popped up as I almost never play music over BT. FM radio works fine, however.

Third issue, which wasn't present last night, but was when I got home today - no display on any of the 5 cameras. I went and washed my car and noticed the fender cams weren't working as I pulled into the bay, neither was the music, so I don't think it's a 'water got somewhere it shouldn't' issue. Noticed the backup camera wasn't working when I got back home and backed into the driveway, haven't had a chance to have someone help me check the parking sensors yet either.

So yeah, multitude of issues all popping up seemingly overnight. Anyone have any ideas of even where to start cuz I'm clueless? TIA!
Appreciate 0
      06-13-2020, 03:13 PM   #2
hugo_nz
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: BMW iX Xdrive40 MSport

Garage List
2022 BMW IX  [0.00]
What year is the car and what version of iDrive? If it's CIC (early model 6er) then I'd start with the combox as the culprit. If it's NBT or newer then the headunit itself could be failing.
Appreciate 0
      06-14-2020, 08:58 AM   #3
rxryanm.
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: 650xi GC

Quote:
Originally Posted by hugo_nz View Post
What year is the car and what version of iDrive? If it's CIC (early model 6er) then I'd start with the combox as the culprit. If it's NBT or newer then the headunit itself could be failing.
Appreciate the input. Everything ended up resolving it, so good for now, I suppose. It's a 2015, so likely NBT. I'll have to keep an eye on it.
Appreciate 0