ARMA SPEED
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   BMW M3 and BMW M4 Forum > BMW F80 M3 / F82 M4 Forum > BMW M3 (F80) and BMW M4 (F82) General Forum

07-14-2020, 08:25 PM   #1
Horn High Aces
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: BMW 440xi GC

Previous owner of this 2016 M3 on here???

Checking to see if someone on here is one of the 3 previous owners or has any additional history/info on this car. I purchased a 2017 440xi GC with MPPSK & THP at the beginning of the year and I'm kind of regretting not getting an M3. This one is local, in my price range, and has low mileage, but the 3 previous owners and rear damage reported scares me. It looks like it has some tasteful mods which is a plus, but would love to get more info about it. Also, does it appear the car is vinyl wrapped with a matte finish or it is just the pics???

VIN: WBS8M9C58GP966691

https://www.toyotaofcoloradosprings....0946d92016.htm
Appreciate 0
      07-14-2020, 08:57 PM   #2
aliiin
I use my turn signal
United_States
Rep
Drives: Toyota Tercel

That seems expensive to me for a 2016 with the multiple owners/damage on the carfax.
Appreciate 1
      07-14-2020, 09:04 PM   #3
oduli81
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2018 BMW M3

Garage List
2019 M4  [0.00]
more than two owners its scary.
Appreciate 2
      07-15-2020, 07:08 AM   #4
Taco_Bueno
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: BSM BMW M4 F82

That color is likely a stealth PPF over regular mineral grey. That gives it a similar look to the individual "frozen" colors.

I agree with the above posters however, that seems overpriced by at least 2-3k. The wheels appear to be repainted as well.

Aside the taillights it's a good looking car though! Definitely go check it out, haggle with them, and get a third party inspection.
Appreciate 1
      07-15-2020, 08:01 AM   #5
Redacre
6 Cylinders 3 Ways
Rep
Drives: M5, 911, Macan

Garage List
Unless you can get info and pictures of the damage and repair process I would pass. Damage isn't an instant DQ for me, these bumpers are so expensive it often makes sense to go through insurance for a minor fender bender, but unless you know what happened future buyers will assume the worst.
Appreciate 1
      07-15-2020, 02:26 PM   #6
thestimp
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: 22 X3MC MBB - C-17 Globemaster

Garage List
2022 X3mC  [10.00]
2016 BMW M3  [0.00]
Test drive it. Looks bad ass. Ask 40.
Appreciate 1
      07-15-2020, 02:45 PM   #7
Horn High Aces
Private First Class
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by thestimp View Post
Test drive it. Looks bad ass. Ask 40.
I plan on test driving it this week. Their website claims their pricing is "no haggle" so I might be in for a marathon of them slowly lowering the price if it doesn't sell. I'll likely trade in my 440xi GC to get a sales tax break so I'll ask them to up the value on my trade if they won't budge on the sales price.

I give it about a 10% chance I can work out a deal with them. Good thing is I don't need the car and don't get emotionally attached to vehicles so I'll happily walk if they aren't willing to deal.
Appreciate 0
      07-15-2020, 03:11 PM   #8
Wmf80
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: f80

Pass. 3 owners. Rear end damage. Wouldn’t be surprised if that mileage was played with too.
Plenty of clean Ms out there with low mileage and no red flags/question marks.
Appreciate 1
      07-15-2020, 03:16 PM   #9
bsmf8x
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: F82

The lack of diffuser + spoiler and the painted rims means it's not really tastefully modded in my opinion. There's better spec's out there.

The XPEL stealth (check window sticker to make sure it's mineral grey and not just a grey wrap) costs like 3-5k so that's a plus though. And white interior is nice.

Also, I may be wrong about this but it says damage reported but there's no official accident meaning there was no police report. Usually, this means the accident couldn't have been that bad because had a proper accident where the car was towed and Not driveable happened, a police report would have been made leading to an accident report on there. In my opinion, a dealer or someone noted some scuffs or damage to the bumper and just put it in the records. It says someone bought it jan 26 and it was noted in February so maybe could've been a post purchase inspection or something or a service done idk.
Appreciate 0
      07-15-2020, 03:26 PM   #10
bimmer pleaser V2
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: C43

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wmf80 View Post
Pass. 3 owners. Rear end damage. Wouldn’t be surprised if that mileage was played with too.
Plenty of clean Ms out there with low mileage and no red flags/question marks.
Is is possible to temper with the mileage of F80 M3? I mean, I am an electrical engineer and I know anything can be done but I can't imagine anyone with enough knowledge willing hack in BMW microprocessors to to commit fraud and make a couple of thousands.
Appreciate 2
      07-15-2020, 04:51 PM   #11
thestimp
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep

Garage List
2022 X3mC  [10.00]
2016 BMW M3  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by bimmer pleaser V2 View Post
Is is possible to temper with the mileage of F80 M3? I mean, I am an electrical engineer and I know anything can be done but I can't imagine anyone with enough knowledge willing hack in BMW microprocessors to to commit fraud and make a couple of thousands.

"they just drove it backwards". Yeah fakign mileage these days is damn near impossible. This car is a lil fishy yes, but an expensive car changing hands once a year for 3 years is not uncommon, especially since idiots buy outside their afford range all the time. America is known for this.
Appreciate 2
      07-15-2020, 05:53 PM   #12
Horn High Aces
Private First Class
United_States
Rep

Quote:
"they just drove it backwards". Yeah fakign mileage these days is damn near impossible. This car is a lil fishy yes, but an expensive car changing hands once a year for 3 years is not uncommon, especially since idiots buy outside their afford range all the time. America is known for this.
I thought of Ferris Bueller's day off when I read that! The 2nd owner (who bought it CPO) only had it for 4 months which is sketchy, but who knows the circumstances. I'm considering getting rid of a car I bought CPO 7 months ago and it's perfectly fine!!! I'm just trying to up my idiot status to something I can't really afford.
Appreciate 0
      07-15-2020, 06:26 PM   #13
bsmf8x
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: F82

Quote:
Originally Posted by Horn High Aces View Post
Quote:
I thought of Ferris Bueller's day off when I read that! The 2nd owner (who bought it CPO) only had it for 4 months which is sketchy, but who knows the circumstances. I'm considering getting rid of a car I bought CPO 7 months ago and it's perfectly fine!!! I'm just trying to up my idiot status to something I can't really afford.
Usually people very rich who don't care about depreciation and trade cars in and out based on their preference do stuff like this. Got my m4 and the previous (second) owner had the car for like 3k miles over a few months.

He left his home address in the navigation. I zillowed it and it was a multimillion dollar mansion. An owner or two that's in and out of a car like this doesn't mean much.

The thing is though I wouldn't buy an out of warranty car with that history, with a warranty the risks are very low. I have an aftermarket warranty so I didn't think twice.
Appreciate 1
      07-15-2020, 09:12 PM   #14
ferrarifast
Commander
United_States
Rep
Drives: 22 M4 Comp xDrive Coupe

Taillight tint has got to go....not a trend I ever understood.
I'm generally vary about cars that end up at honda/toyota/other "regular car" dealers. No sound logic behind this as obviously there's a chance they saw a solid deal at the auction and they snagged it but......if this person traded it in for a Toyota was he filling the car with 93+ Octane? Did he use fully synthetic BMW spec motor oil for oil changes? A buyer profile that I am not comfortable, especially since you probably plan on keeping this long term.

As for the car- I personally don't think it's tastefully modified. It's over the top and seems H20ish.........and this is coming from someone in his twenties.
Life is too short to list the non Ms
Appreciate 1
thestimp979.50
      07-15-2020, 09:44 PM   #15
thestimp
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep

Garage List
2022 X3mC  [10.00]
2016 BMW M3  [0.00]
I looked through every system I could, this car has no service history for 10k miles anywhere, which means it was either a VERY indy shop, or the cheap bastard just owned and drove for 10k miles then sold it when the warranty ran out/covid fucked his day up.
Appreciate 0
      07-15-2020, 10:21 PM   #16
Andrae26
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: Sakhir M4

Quote:
I looked through every system I could, this car has no service history for 10k miles anywhere, which means it was either a VERY indy shop, or the cheap bastard just owned and drove for 10k miles then sold it when the warranty ran out/covid fucked his day up.
For what it's worth I took my M3CS to the dealership thinking I needed a service at 10k miles. SA told me I'm not due for any service then. Car is at 14k miles now and the system just told me I'm due in 1k miles for an oil change.
Appreciate 1
      07-21-2020, 06:25 PM   #17
Randy Johnson
M340i
United_States
Rep
Drives: BMW M340i

Garage List
2021 BMW M340i  [10.00]
I clicked the link and did not see this car listed. Must have been sold. Wonder how much.
Appreciate 0
      07-21-2020, 07:01 PM   #18
Horn High Aces
Private First Class
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Randy Johnson View Post
I clicked the link and did not see this car listed. Must have been sold. Wonder how much.
It dropped off of their site towards the end of last week. I never even had a chance to contact the dealer about a test drive. It was listed with a no haggle price of $44,600 so I assume that's what they got for it, but it's hard to say.
Appreciate 0
      07-21-2020, 07:17 PM   #19
65fastback
Captain
Rep
Drives: every day

Quote:
Originally Posted by Horn High Aces View Post
It dropped off of their site towards the end of last week. I never even had a chance to contact the dealer about a test drive. It was listed with a no haggle price of $44,600 so I assume that's what they got for it, but it's hard to say.
That sucks...Buying a car ( or truck ) right now can be tricky...if you see one you like be ready to move on it. Ive been hanging around car lots lately looking for a work truck and EVERY one I've considered has sold, good cars won't last long right now.
it is just that way right now. Good luck on your hunt!
Appreciate 1
      07-22-2020, 01:07 PM   #20
Redacre
6 Cylinders 3 Ways
Rep
Drives: M5, 911, Macan

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by 65fastback View Post
That sucks...Buying a car ( or truck ) right now can be tricky...if you see one you like be ready to move on it. Ive been hanging around car lots lately looking for a work truck and EVERY one I've considered has sold, good cars won't last long right now.
it is just that way right now. Good luck on your hunt!
No kidding... I'm trying to buy a Macan or Cayenne as a daily and the clean ones seem to turn around within 1-2 weeks.
Appreciate 0