Pandora Car Alarm System
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   BMW M3 and BMW M4 Forum > BMW F80 M3 / F82 M4 Forum > BMW M3 (F80) and BMW M4 (F82) General Forum

07-20-2020, 07:37 PM   #1
elzarka9
Rep
Drives: 2011 e92 335i M-sport

Looking to buy 2018 M3

Hey, I'm looking at a 2018 M3 zcp (20k miles). Had a couple questions/concerns while checking it out and just wanted to get some reassurance or warnings from more experienced owners.

There's a bit of a gap between the hood & front bumper on the passenger side.

Is this the stock rear height for the zcp suspension? Looked kind of low, but drove the car and felt terrific.

The AC vent that's on the drivers side. Is this something that can be covered under warranty or am I fixing this out of pocket?

Thanks for you help guys!
Attached Images

Appreciate 0
      07-20-2020, 08:13 PM   #2
bsmf8x
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: F82

Has there been a front end collision? A small one could've happened and not been recorded. Gap doesn't look normal but try closing the hood fully because there's a bunch of clips/pins along the bumper to fully seal the hood.

Carfax is more likely to show it than auto check, I've seen auto check miss records of damage.

Also, the rear stock zcp car sits perfectly the front is where the wheel gap is so yeah chances are you're stock but I can't see the front fender of your car.

Shine a flashlight in wheel well if the springs black it's probably stock. Springs are usually yellow or something.
Appreciate 0
      07-20-2020, 08:25 PM   #3
elzarka9
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by murdrdf82 View Post
Has there been a front end collision? A small one could've happened and not been recorded. Gap doesn't look normal but try closing the hood fully because there's a bunch of clips/pins along the bumper to fully seal the hood.

Carfax is more likely to show it than auto check, I've seen auto check miss records of damage.

Also, the rear stock zcp car sits perfectly the front is where the wheel gap is so yeah chances are you're stock but I can't see the front fender of your car.

Shine a flashlight in wheel well if the springs black it's probably stock. Springs are usually yellow or something.
Thanks for the reply!

According to CarFax, there was no collision or accidents reported. I gave the hood a bit of a push to make sure it was locked in place. Seems like the car was previously wrapped (there is some vinyl still present under the gloss trim around the doors). Maybe the rubber seal wasn't placed back correctly when removing the wrap?

There is definitely a bit of wheel gap in the front, but will double check springs.
Appreciate 1
bsmf8x778.50
      07-20-2020, 08:28 PM   #4
bsmf8x
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: F82

Quote:
Originally Posted by elzarka9 View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by murdrdf82 View Post

Thanks for the reply!

According to CarFax, there was no collision or accidents reported. I gave the hood a bit of a push to make sure it was locked in place. Seems like the car was previously wrapped (there is some vinyl still present under the gloss trim around the doors). Maybe the rubber seal wasn't placed back correctly when removing the wrap?

There is definitely a bit of wheel gap in the front, but will double check springs.
Thought my car was lowered 100% when I bought it used too but it wasn't. When you see a lowered one in person it'll make your car feel like a monster truck
Appreciate 0
      07-20-2020, 08:37 PM   #5
jdgamble
Captain
Rep
Drives: 18 CQM M3 - My family car

Hood gap - They didn’t put the car back together after taking it apart.

Vent - I doubt BMW would fix that under warranty, but you never know.

Both of these are signs of negligence if you ask me. I would wonder what else is wrong with the car. Maybe it’s just me. If it’s private party, why wouldn’t the person just fix it?
Appreciate 0
      07-20-2020, 08:43 PM   #6
doug_999
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: 2011 1M/2021 992/2023 X3

Want a while one with 9k? Let me know. The RS 5 is calling me
Appreciate 1
Mar481099.50
      07-20-2020, 10:02 PM   #7
elzarka9
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by jdgamble View Post
Hood gap - They didn't put the car back together after taking it apart.

Vent - I doubt BMW would fix that under warranty, but you never know.

Both of these are signs of negligence if you ask me. I would wonder what else is wrong with the car. Maybe it's just me. If it's private party, why wouldn't the person just fix it?
Lease return now being sold by non BMW dealership. Also felt the same way, trying to just dig deeper and do some more due diligence.

Quote:
Originally Posted by doug_999 View Post
Want a while one with 9k? Let me know. The RS 5 is calling me
Feel free to PM details, thanks!
Appreciate 0
      07-21-2020, 07:06 AM   #8
mrahp23
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: BSM F80 M3; JBM e90 M3; 991.2

Quote:
Originally Posted by elzarka9 View Post
Hey, I'm looking at a 2018 M3 zcp (20k miles). Had a couple questions/concerns while checking it out and just wanted to get some reassurance or warnings from more experienced owners.

There's a bit of a gap between the hood & front bumper on the passenger side.

Is this the stock rear height for the zcp suspension? Looked kind of low, but drove the car and felt terrific.

The AC vent that's on the drivers side. Is this something that can be covered under warranty or am I fixing this out of pocket?

Thanks for you help guys!
Hey there...take a look at the thread that I started when I purchased my F80; fellow forum members helped me identify that my hood was previously removed and replaced (look to see if the hood bolts were removed/shredded). I did have a similar gap between my bumper and hood on passenger side as well. Took it to a local reputable body shop, they further identified that the passenger kidney grill was misaligned vs the driver side. It has now been fixed; no gaps, misaligned kidney grills, etc. Total was $150 to fix the minor gaps. Was it necessary to fix? Probably not, car drove great, but I have OCD.

Note that the car had clean PPI through BMW dealership and clean Carfax as well. Bodyshop informed that the hood may had minor damage and was simply replaced and painted. Hope this provides some insight/help for you...

https://f80.bimmerpost.com/forums/sh....php?t=1719592
Appreciate 0
      07-21-2020, 07:42 AM   #9
Nativetexan
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2018 F80 ZCP

There's a 2017 White one listed for sale that has 14k and is fully loaded with a lighting pkg.

That's super close to an '18 fully loaded.

Even though the warranty would be a year less, maybe just get an aftermarket warranty to cover the difference...?

It's real nice though.
Appreciate 0