Autotalent
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   BMW M3 and BMW M4 Forum > BMW F80 M3 / F82 M4 Technical Topics > Track / Autocross / Dragstrip / Driving Techniques

07-26-2020, 10:17 AM   #1
M2C AW
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2019 M2C Alpine White

Dinan 4-bar rear link kit ?

Anyone have thoughts / experience on the benefits of installing the two front rear thrust arm links included with the Dinan kit ? The benefits of the rear toe- links is well established I believe, but how about the two thrust arm links ? They aren’t even offered by many of the manufacturers of rod-end style adjustable toe-links...so I wonder if they are even worthwhile. Anyone ?

Here’s a link..
https://www.dinancars.com/products/s...arts/D280-0015

Last edited by M2C AW; 07-26-2020 at 12:16 PM..
Appreciate 0
      07-26-2020, 02:45 PM   #2
fanatic1
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2019 M4 CS

Garage List
2019 M4CS  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by M2C AW View Post
Anyone have thoughts / experience on the benefits of installing the two front rear thrust arm links included with the Dinan kit ? The benefits of the rear toe- links is well established I believe, but how about the two thrust arm links ? They aren’t even offered by many of the manufacturers of rod-end style adjustable toe-links...so I wonder if they are even worthwhile. Anyone ?

Here’s a link..
https://www.dinancars.com/products/s...arts/D280-0015
Looked at those before going with fall line toe links. Did remove both eccentric bolts in the toe links as well as camber adjustment for rigidity, but primarily was focused on alignment- maintaining toe with increased negative camber.

On the front end, found the tension/thrust arm bushing to be a huge difference.
Appreciate 0
      08-29-2020, 09:30 AM   #3
M2C AW
First Lieutenant
Rep

Anyone else have thoughts on how much benefit (If any) Installing these particular arms produce ? I have them in hand, but waiting to install until I have a better understanding of the benefits...or down-side.
Appreciate 0
      08-29-2020, 11:17 AM   #4
M3SQRD
Major General
Rep
Drives: E92 M3,G20 330ix,F22 240iX,F82

If you’re looking for improved track performance, increased stiffness and adjustability then installing all four is the way to go. BimmerWorld replaces all links on the rear of the e92 M3 and it make a huge performance improvement. Ideally, you’d want to replace all suspension bushings with monoballs. The only downside is a possible slight increase in NVH (depends on a person’s own sensitivity) as well as the potential for rattling/clunking down the road once the monoball radial clearance opens up with continued use. When this happens then just replace the rod ends. I’d also recommend installing front thrust arm (LCAB) monoballs which improves stiffness and helps with braking stability.
Appreciate 1
fanatic11018.50
      08-29-2020, 11:35 AM   #5
M2C AW
First Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by M3SQRD View Post
If you’re looking for improved track performance, increased stiffness and adjustability then installing all four is the way to go. BimmerWorld replaces all links on the rear of the e92 M3 and it make a huge performance improvement. Ideally, you’d want to replace all suspension bushings with monoballs. The only downside is a possible slight increase in NVH (depends on a person’s own sensitivity) as well as the potential for rattling/clunking down the road once the monoball radial clearance opens up with continued use. When this happens then just replace the rod ends. I’d also recommend installing front thrust arm (LCAB) monoballs which improves stiffness and helps with braking stability.
That all makes good sense. I have the front thrust arms, rear upper control arms, and rear toe- links, but as mentioned I have been holding off on the rear “traction bars” for the time being. I guess it’s a no brainer...Rubber bushings=bad; solid bushings= good...At least when it comes to holding suspension settings under load. I guess I’ll go ahead and throw them on. Thanks for the input.
Appreciate 0