12-12-2020, 09:00 AM   #1
Jszlaga
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2023 X5 M50i

Garage List
Apple CarPlay Question

Is there a way to make it full screen? I don't want the part on the right of the picture that says "Apple CarPlay" and has my iPhones name. Thanks.
Attached Images

Appreciate 0
      12-12-2020, 09:14 AM   #2
Slickrick2
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2018-X5M-BLK Sapphire Edition

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jszlaga View Post
Is there a way to make it full screen? I don't want the part on the right of the picture that says "Apple CarPlay" and has my iPhones name. Thanks.
Did you try clicking the option button on the idrive and turning off split screen?
      12-12-2020, 09:39 AM   #3
Jszlaga
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by Slickrick2 View Post
Quote:
Did you try clicking the option button on the idrive and turning off split screen?
Yes, I did. The picture I showed is what happens when I turn off split screen. If I turn on split screen it gives me various options of navigation and other things to display but again the picture I showed is with split screen Not selected.
Appreciate 1
      12-12-2020, 09:48 AM   #4
Slickrick2
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Yes, I did. The picture I showed is what happens when I turn off split screen. If I turn on split screen it gives me various options of navigation and other things to display but again the picture I showed is with split screen Not selected.
I haven't purchased the CarPlay option but I figured let me ask if you turned off split screen just in case you did not.

Maybe search YouTube for a few vids on Apple car play on BMW M and see if any of them have full screen on. I believe that's where I saw it looking full screen.

I'm considering purchasing via connected drive for $300 but with sooo many music options already in my car I'm hesitant. I listen to all of my Apple Music via Bluetooth but I get that many want the feel and options of the iPhone on the idrive screen. I may purchase it soon anyway.
      12-12-2020, 09:49 AM   #5
640ijims
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2018 X5M , 14%E2%80%99640i ver

Garage List
2018 X5///M  [7.50]
2018 BMW  [0.00]
What is year of your , initial poster, vehicle?
Appreciate 0
      12-12-2020, 09:56 AM   #6
Jszlaga
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by 640ijims View Post
What is year of your , initial poster, vehicle?
Appreciate 0
      12-12-2020, 09:57 AM   #7
jiggz
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: E90 M3|F15 X5 50i

Yes it's definitely possible.

Check out this thread from the F8x M3 forum -

https://f80.bimmerpost.com/forums/sh....php?t=1563454
Appreciate 0
      12-12-2020, 11:10 AM   #8
Jszlaga
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by jiggz View Post

Thank you. Looks like there is a forum member Kubax86 that I can message and he'll help out. Thanks again.
Appreciate 0
      12-16-2020, 10:25 PM   #9
SaNGRia
Major
Rep
Drives: LCI E93 M3 + F85 X5M

Yes, I have just done my NBT Evo Flash DIY brought the Version from J to V, then got Gerry's help to inject Full Screen + 2020-3 Map with LifeTime FSC.

It is not codable , needs to change some root files to activate to feature. NBT Evo version has to be N or Above!
, F85 ACC Retrofit
Appreciate 0
      12-26-2020, 10:03 PM   #10
Slickrick2
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Quote:

Thank you. Looks like there is a forum member Kubax86 that I can message and he'll help out. Thanks again.
Reaching out to see if you were able to get full screen. Just purchased CarPlay so I'm curios.

Thanks.
      12-27-2020, 12:23 AM   #11
daytonaviolet
OEM CSL Whore
Philippines
Rep
Drives: 2017 F85 X5M

Quote:
Yes. There's a few threads here on how a firmware flash can give you full screen. I did this two years ago and it's worth every penny.
Appreciate 0
      12-27-2020, 05:18 AM   #12
J0hnnyB0yx5m
First Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: X5M

How do u actually buy apple car play and can anyone find link or something to firmware?
Appreciate 0
      12-27-2020, 09:20 AM   #13
Jszlaga
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

Reaching out to see if you were able to get full screen. Just purchased CarPlay so I'm curios.

Thanks.
I reached out to forum member Kubax86 as I saw folks did from previous posts. I had to send him $40 via PayPal. He subsequently sent me some links and things that I have to download on a laptop. Once this is downloaded you have to connect your laptop to your car so you need a special connector, which I don't have but ordered from RG Sport on this forum. It came in yesterday actually so I plan to try this soon.

The whole process from Kubax86 seems a bit complicated to me but I'll see if I can figure it out. I've never coded a car before if this is even what I'm doing. Also, seems a bit shady too but other people have used him on this forum and I didn't see any complaints so hope he's not a hacker or something. You have to download these files from him and it tells you that you can't have any firewalls or antivirus or it won't work. Why can't my computer have antivirus? Don't they all have antivirus? Anyhow, I plan on trying it with my laptop that does have antivirus and I'll see if it works. Any thoughts/input from anyone else on this forum about this process and if it's legit? Seems everyone else who used Kubax86 is very happy and things worked out.
Appreciate 1
      12-27-2020, 10:37 AM   #14
Slickrick2
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

Thanks.
I reached out to forum member Kubax86 as I saw folks did from previous posts. I had to send him $40 via PayPal. He subsequently sent me some links and things that I have to download on a laptop. Once this is downloaded you have to connect your laptop to your car so you need a special connector, which I don't have but ordered from RG Sport on this forum. It came in yesterday actually so I plan to try this soon.

The whole process from Kubax86 seems a bit complicated to me but I'll see if I can figure it out. I've never coded a car before if this is even what I'm doing. Also, seems a bit shady too but other people have used him on this forum and I didn't see any complaints so hope he's not a hacker or something. You have to download these files from him and it tells you that you can't have any firewalls or antivirus or it won't work. Why can't my computer have antivirus? Don't they all have antivirus? Anyhow, I plan on trying it with my laptop that does have antivirus and I'll see if it works. Any thoughts/input from anyone else on this forum about this process and if it's legit? Seems everyone else who used Kubax86 is very happy and things worked out.
Thank you for the explanation. Not feeling all of the requirements needed to get the software installed. If that's the case I'll deal with the split screen.

I've seen YT vids were you order a thumb drive from someone on EBay and plug it in, follow two steps and your done. Has anyone else had this type of experience?

12-27-2020, 10:53 AM   #15
Jszlaga
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

Thanks.

Thank you for the explanation. Not feeling all of the requirements needed to get the software installed. If that's the case I'll deal with the split screen.

I've seen YT vids were you order a thumb drive from someone on EBay and plug it in, follow two steps and your done. Has anyone else had this type of experience?

Yes, this seems much easier to me as well.
Appreciate 1
      12-29-2020, 12:34 AM   #16
Slickrick2
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by J0hnnyB0yx5m View Post
How do u actually buy apple car play and can anyone find link or something to firmware?
If you have a 2017 build model you can purchase it via connected drive. I just purchased mine two days ago. It's actually pretty cool to use. My car is a 2018 but has a Sep 2017 build.

I logged in to my connected drive on my computer and purchased it from their site. It will install over the air once purchased. Your car has to be in the connected drive app setup for your account. The purchase attaches to your vin.

I waited about an hour and went out to the car to try and set it up. It took me a few steps but I finally have everything working nicely. After you purchase check your email. There was an email of the purchase which had some steps to follow and I completely skipped that but still got it working.

Here's a vid that helped me set it up.