ZPOST
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   ZPOST > BMW Z4 Roadster and Coupe > General BMW Z4 Forum
  TireRack

SUPPORT ZPOST BY DOING YOUR TIRERACK SHOPPING FROM THIS BANNER, THANKS!

10-19-2008, 01:21 PM   #1
Incompatible
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: 07 AW Z4C 3.0Si

Rubber Windshield Seal Pulling Away From Glass.

I have a section of the rubber seal about 10 inches in length across the top of the windshield which is lifting away from the glass. Besides being visually obvious, it would seem like a potential water entry point. Anyone have this problem? I'm not overly concerned as the car is still under warranty.
      10-19-2008, 01:43 PM   #2
MVF4Rrider
PCA, BMWCCA
Rep
Drives: 997S, MV Agusta F4, E46 M3

The lower seal in the rear window of my '06 330xi started to come unglued on each end over a month ago. BMW tried to reattach it, but ended up just replacing it. Get it fixed.
      10-19-2008, 02:07 PM   #3
MMMazing07
More than you can afford pal....ferrari
Rep
Drives: Z4M

i have the same problem. i did some high speed runs a while ago and a loud noise (like a violent thunder sound scared the crap out of me) came from the top and i noticed the seal was pealed away. i tired to go to my dealer to get it fixed but i didnt have the time to drop the car off. i will get it done at my next oil change. my SA said its covered under warranty.

its been like that for about a month and its rained and ive pressure washed my car and there is not a drop of water in the cabin.
Appreciate 0
      10-19-2008, 02:53 PM   #4
Incompatible
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: 07 AW Z4C 3.0Si

Quote:
Originally Posted by MMMazing07 View Post
i have the same problem. ...its been like that for about a month and its rained and ive pressure washed my car and there is not a drop of water in the cabin.
Although it doesn't rain much in SoCal, I was still concerned about washing it. Good to know. Hopefully I can get it in sometime the next couple of weeks. Thanks