BMW 1 Series Coupe Forum / 1 Series Convertible Forum (1M / tii / 135i / 128i / Coupe / Cabrio / Hatchback) (BMW E82 E88 128i 130i 135i)

08-11-2021, 12:47 AM   #1
gnychu
Registered
Rep
Drives: BMW E87 118d 2005

BMW E87 118d 2005 - metallic rotating sound while releasing gas pedal

Hi all!

I have a problem with the BMW E87 118d 2005 without DPF with M47 engine with >250k km.

While driving, when releasing the pedal, I can hear a metallic "spinning" sound (as if a metal disc is rubbing against something)
- stops after pressing the clutch
- the sound depends on the speed (at higher speeds, the friction frequency is greater, the sound is hardly audible, it is drowned out by the engine's sound)
- I have not noticed any problems with the clutch / vibration - the car behaves normally when shifting gears - there is only this metallic rotating sound

What could it be?

The problem appeared suddenly, and after testing (several times I released the clutch, released the gas, etc.) the problem stopped for a moment, but after one day it returned.

I would like to add that the car has been parked
for the last 2-3 weeks.
Appreciate 0