ZPOST
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   ZPOST > BMW Z4 Roadster and Coupe > General BMW Z4 Forum
  TireRack

SUPPORT ZPOST BY DOING YOUR TIRERACK SHOPPING FROM THIS BANNER, THANKS!

11-12-2008, 12:05 AM   #1
dekaliber
Major
Rep
Drives: '07 Z4MC, '11 JCW, '18 Z06

CDV mod in IL

My Zeckhausen CDV has been sitting in my drawer for 6 months now and I figure it's time to finally put it in.

Unfortunately I don't have the equipment to get to it myself, so I was just going to take it somewhere nearby to get it done. All of my service so far has been at my local BMW dealer, and I doubt they'd consider doing this.

I don't have too much experience with any other shops experienced with working on BMWs -- one shop I called who services BMWs and MBs hadn't even heard of this mod, which I found surprising.

Anyone else living in IL (Chicagoland/west suburbs) have any recommendations for places to go? How much did it end up costing you?
Appreciate 0
      11-12-2008, 03:22 AM   #2
tom_48
BMW Novice
United_States
Rep
Drives: M Coupe

Garage List
2007 M Coupe'  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by dekaliber View Post
My Zeckhausen CDV has been sitting in my drawer for 6 months now and I figure it's time to finally put it in.

Unfortunately I don't have the equipment to get to it myself, so I was just going to take it somewhere nearby to get it done. All of my service so far has been at my local BMW dealer, and I doubt they'd consider doing this.

I don't have too much experience with any other shops experienced with working on BMWs -- one shop I called who services BMWs and MBs hadn't even heard of this mod, which I found surprising.

Anyone else living in IL (Chicagoland/west suburbs) have any recommendations for places to go? How much did it end up costing you?
I have the same problem...

Appreciate 0
      11-12-2008, 09:25 AM   #3
thekurgan
Bad Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: E90M3

Garage List
2008 BMW M3  [0.00]
If you call a BMW shop, the proper terminology that BMW uses for the CDV is the "lock" valve, so you may need to refer to the part with that term. I had the same issue at my local BMW shop, but a parts schematic quickly cured that problem. I'm going in today to see if they can do it quickly but of the vehicles they've done, they say the folks don't experience much difference.
      11-12-2008, 06:10 PM   #4
epbrown
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: BMW M Coupe, Porsche Boxster S

From everything I've seen/heard/read, it's a pretty simple procedure. You could go to a shop like Fall-Line or just any local shop you use. My plan, however, is to wait for a local club to have a "Tech Day" and just throw it on then. Illinois Euro (www.illinoiseuro.com) and Chi-Town M (www.chitownm.com) have them occasionally. The former has a group member whose father own's a repair shop, so you get access to hydraulic lifts as well.
Appreciate 0
      11-12-2008, 08:58 PM   #5
Burt Reynolds
Captain
Rep
Drives: 2007 M Coupe

Yeah- I have the CDV valve sitting in my garage for the past 2 months too.

EPBrown- I think Sam may be out of town b/c no replies to my PM or e-mail regarding his dif. If does not get back to me in a week, I will order one from Fall Line and be done with it. I may have them do my CDV at the same time.
2007 M Coupe w/NAV/Premium/Extended Leather, Clearbra, DICE, 4.10 BMW Motorsport Polished LSD, Active Autowerke Gen IV Headers, Supersprint Race Exhaust and X-Pipe, ESS Tuned DME, KWV3 Coilovers, Volk RE30, OEM Strut Tower Brace, Short Antenna, JL AMP, JL 10W7, Valentine V1.
Appreciate 0
      11-12-2008, 09:57 PM   #6
epbrown
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: BMW M Coupe, Porsche Boxster S

Quote:
Originally Posted by Burt Reynolds View Post
...I will order one from Fall Line and be done with it. I may have them do my CDV at the same time.
I thought about that, but every time I was about to go there I couldn't find mine. Sunday, I was going through the car trying to find a knocking sound from the passenger side of the car - you guessed it, the CDV in the door pocket.
Appreciate 0