ZPOST
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   ZPOST > BMW Z4 Roadster and Coupe > General BMW Z4 Forum
  TireRack

SUPPORT ZPOST BY DOING YOUR TIRERACK SHOPPING FROM THIS BANNER, THANKS!

12-01-2008, 02:04 AM   #1
MVF4Rrider
PCA, BMWCCA
Rep
Drives: 997S, MV Agusta F4, E46 M3

Build Your Own

Evidently BMW is having a hard time letting go of the Z4/Z4M. You can still build your own cars on the BMW NA website, and there's really little indication to be found these cars are no longer being made. As for the Z4, Im sure there are still cars in sufficient numbers sitting on dealer lots. Enough to keep the car on the website anyway. But are there any Z4Ms still at dealers? Perhaps they're waiting for the new year, or they just can't let go of the sportiness these sports cars represent?
      12-01-2008, 06:51 AM   #2
PKL
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: 2020 M4, 2022 X6

Quote:
Originally Posted by MVF4Rrider View Post
Evidently BMW is having a hard time letting go of the Z4/Z4M. You can still build your own cars on the BMW NA website, and there's really little indication to be found these cars are no longer being made. As for the Z4, Im sure there are still cars in sufficient numbers sitting on dealer lots. Enough to keep the car on the website anyway. But are there any Z4Ms still at dealers? Perhaps they're waiting for the new year, or they just can't let go of the sportiness these sports cars represent?
I bought a brand new 2007 Z4M at a dealership about 4 weeks ago, so they are around.
      12-01-2008, 07:37 AM   #3
MMMazing07
More than you can afford pal....ferrari
Rep
Drives: Z4M

i saw a brand new one sitting at the dealer in the garage. all the way at the back. there was so much dust on it i was amazed. I asked the rep whats the deal and he said they had to make room for the M3s (which are also just sitting there) supposedly its been sitting their for a year and half.
Appreciate 0
      12-01-2008, 09:37 PM   #4
pmeloche
Lieutenant Colonel
Canada
Rep
Drives: 2013 F25 X3 xDrive35i

Since the new Z4 will be out in December it may be simpler for BMW NA to keep the Z4 in the "Build Your Own" section instead of removing it and putting it back again. When the new Z4 becomes available they will simply update the information.

They could have however removed the Z4M entries since they won't be available for at least a year if at all.

Patrice
2013 F25 X3 xDrive35i Vermillion Red
Appreciate 0
      12-01-2008, 11:18 PM   #5
Mikewarlover
Major
Canada
Rep
Drives: white

There are couple of New or nearly new Z4s sitting around the dealers. I think its just winter and hard to sell plus the M was never extremely desired by majorities.
Appreciate 0