M5POST
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   M5POST - BMW M5 Forum > F10 M5 Forum > Engine, Exhaust, Drivetrain Modifications

09-02-2022, 09:43 PM   #1
TinCanSailor
Fueled by Recycled Dinosaurs!
Rep
Drives: F06 M6

Garage List
Drivetrain malfunction

Topped off the tank and put in some liquimoly injection. Also swapped the intake hoses 13717843278 and 13717843279 with some 4 ply 3" inner diameter 45 degree silicone hose. Things run really well until I give it some generous throttle then I get a drivetrain malfunction which resets after power cycling the car. Unfortunately, I am out of town on my 25th wedding Anniversary and did not bring my scan tool. The car drives fine but the second time the DTMF set a check engine light was set and hasn't reset yet. Maybe after a few more drives it will clear tomorrow but curious if the silicone hose was a bad idea. The reason I swapped was because the oem part was collapsed in on itself on the drivers side prolly due to heat fatigue. Attached is a picture of what the oem parts look like. TY in advance for the consideration.
Attached Images

2015 F06 M6 Silverstone Metallic II, Individual Full Leather, B&O, Night Vis, CCB, RKAutowerks (CP Rods/Pistons, DI Cams, CF Intakes, Coated DP's & Billet Diff Brace), InfinityAuto Turbo Inlets, Mishi Oil Cooler, JB4, XHP S3, BM S3
Appreciate 0
      09-02-2022, 11:33 PM   #2
crazyinp
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: BMW

Garage List
2022 BMW X5e  [0.00]
2023 BMW X5M  [0.00]
I am sure you did check the obvious, if there are any air leaks around the new hoses. I hope it is something as simple and nothing major.
Appreciate 0
      09-03-2022, 07:41 AM   #3
TinCanSailor
Fueled by Recycled Dinosaurs!
Rep
Drives: F06 M6

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by crazyinp View Post
I am sure you did check the obvious, if there are any air leaks around the new hoses. I hope it is something as simple and nothing major.
All I could do was eyeball it as I don't even have a screw driver with me. LOL I may go down stairs with a butter knife from the resort kitchen to see if I can get it any tighter. The hose was a tight fit and the clamps did seem to seal very well.

Kicking myself for not bringing my autoenginuity scan tool or my cable used for BM3, smh
2015 F06 M6 Silverstone Metallic II, Individual Full Leather, B&O, Night Vis, CCB, RKAutowerks (CP Rods/Pistons, DI Cams, CF Intakes, Coated DP's & Billet Diff Brace), InfinityAuto Turbo Inlets, Mishi Oil Cooler, JB4, XHP S3, BM S3
Appreciate 0