ZPOST
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   ZPOST > BMW Z4 Roadster and Coupe > General BMW Z4 Forum
  TireRack

SUPPORT ZPOST BY DOING YOUR TIRERACK SHOPPING FROM THIS BANNER, THANKS!

01-11-2009, 07:13 PM   #1
nmulax
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: '07 Z4 M Coupe

Garage List
2007 Z4M Coupé  [7.66]
Talking Man I love this car

Was home for the holidays, so the M has been patiently sitting in the garage for the past 3 weeks. Finally made it a point to drive around for a bit just now.

Went up to Starbucks, and there's a parking spot right in front... as I pull in, 3 groups sitting at tables on the patio all turned their attention to the car.
After finishing my coffee I decided to hop on the expressway and take the long way home. Within a mile or two I come upon an E60 M5 cruising in the center lane. He slides behind me, and we go back and forth for a few miles before reaching his exit - throw the obligatory

As I'm backing into my drive, my neighbor and his wife arrive home on their Harley. He's an insurance adjuster, and they comment that they didn't know my car was a coupé, and how beautiful it is - not to mention how unique the M coupé is. He also jokes that after seeing it, she now wants a Z4 roadster.

Yes, the driving experience is the real reason we all bought these cars. But it does feel good to drive a car that turns heads wherever it goes.
The Z4, regardless of it's a roady or coupé; 2.5, 3.0, or M, is a wonderful car that everyone seems to gravitate towards.

01-11-2009, 08:48 PM   #2
Mikewarlover
Major
Canada
Rep
Drives: white

Well Roadster and 2 seater coupe are rare in general never mind a high end roadster or coupe like the z4 and then we got the top of the top sports car The M.
Appreciate 0
      01-13-2009, 06:58 PM   #3
Z4Kevo
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 2007 M Coupe

Quote:
Originally Posted by nmulax View Post
Was home for the holidays, so the M has been patiently sitting in the garage for the past 3 weeks. Finally made it a point to drive around for a bit just now.

Went up to Starbucks, and there's a parking spot right in front... as I pull in, 3 groups sitting at tables on the patio all turned their attention to the car.
After finishing my coffee I decided to hop on the expressway and take the long way home. Within a mile or two I come upon an E60 M5 cruising in the center lane. He slides behind me, and we go back and forth for a few miles before reaching his exit - throw the obligatory

As I'm backing into my drive, my neighbor and his wife arrive home on their Harley. He's an insurance adjuster, and they comment that they didn't know my car was a coupé, and how beautiful it is - not to mention how unique the M coupé is. He also jokes that after seeing it, she now wants a Z4 roadster.

Yes, the driving experience is the real reason we all bought these cars. But it does feel good to drive a car that turns heads wherever it goes.
The Z4, regardless of it's a roady or coupé; 2.5, 3.0, or M, is a wonderful car that everyone seems to gravitate towards.

You can quantify alot of things about cars to create some sort of pecking order in your mind...horsepower, 1/4 time, 0-60 etc. but you just can't measure what it feels like to have a car that turns heads like the Z4M does.

They can have their 500whp, 10sec 1/4 and 4sec 0-60...I get to drive a Z4M.

2007 BMW Z4M Coupe | Sapphire Black | 19" ZCP Wheels | Michelin PSS - 245/285 | Carbon Leather
Black Corners | UUC Short Shifter | ///M Racing Pedals | OE Strut Brace | LED Accents | PEMP Android

Last edited by Z4Kevo; 01-13-2009 at 10:19 PM.. Reason: typo...
Appreciate 0
      01-14-2009, 08:18 AM   #4
Black///Mamba
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: a beast

haha, couldn't agree more.

i brought my car in for service and was given a 328xi. blegh! i miss my car already!