ZPOST
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   ZPOST > BMW Z4 Roadster and Coupe > General BMW Z4 Forum
  TireRack

SUPPORT ZPOST BY DOING YOUR TIRERACK SHOPPING FROM THIS BANNER, THANKS!

01-15-2009, 06:09 PM   #1
Mikewarlover
Major
Canada
Rep
Drives: white

RE Diablo installed this morning !!!

Just got to the shop to install my Beloved RE Diablo right before school and it is awesome. The sound of the exhaust is no where near the youtube video and has a very deep tone to it. It is definitely very loud but there are lots of drones in the cabin. However When i drive carefully and try to adjust my driving to get rid of the drone there isn't that much. I would highly recommand this exhaust to anyone whos looking for a mean and loud exhaust.
Appreciate 0
      01-16-2009, 08:09 AM   #2
Black///Mamba
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: a beast

glad you got it and glad you like it. don't worry about the drone. its overbearing in the beginning, but as the exhaust "breaks in" it sounds incredible with no more drone. either that or i drive my car dfiferently without realizing it. post up some pics!!!
      01-16-2009, 08:59 AM   #3
BMWI6
Major
Colombia
Rep
Drives: 335is

dude post a video like right now!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
      01-16-2009, 10:54 AM   #4
Mikewarlover
Major
Canada
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by BMWI6 View Post
dude post a video like right now!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
I will try to post up a video sometime next week but honestly the video will do this exhaust no justice at all. I have come accross some pretty loud exhaust such as my friend's sti catless exhaust, the e46 m3 eisman titinum, e46 ac exhaust and many more but this one takes the cake.

The first time i heard it after install my whole body is just shaking with excitement because this exhaust sound so damn good. Its not the usual bmw crap where u get this high end pitch sound this is deep all the way. If u hear it in person u will noe why it is called diablo thats because it is the sound of devil.

Personally i am sure this is not the loundest exhaust money can buy but its the sound level plus the sound quality that makes this exhaust so damn good.
Appreciate 0
      01-16-2009, 12:20 PM   #5
BMWI6
Major
Colombia
Rep
Drives: 335is

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mikewarlover View Post
I will try to post up a video sometime next week but honestly the video will do this exhaust no justice at all. I have come accross some pretty loud exhaust such as my friend's sti catless exhaust, the e46 m3 eisman titinum, e46 ac exhaust and many more but this one takes the cake.

The first time i heard it after install my whole body is just shaking with excitement because this exhaust sound so damn good. Its not the usual bmw crap where u get this high end pitch sound this is deep all the way. If u hear it in person u will noe why it is called diablo thats because it is the sound of devil.

Personally i am sure this is not the loundest exhaust money can buy but its the sound level plus the sound quality that makes this exhaust so damn good.
I know what you mean about hearing it in person makes all the difference, but a video will still be a good starting point. I am going to change my exhaust ASAP so this will help. Congrats by the way, it is an awesome feeling when you love the sound of your own car!
      01-16-2009, 12:30 PM   #6
Black///Mamba
Lieutenant
Rep

the exhaust is menacing. only word to describe it. i honestly wouldn't describe it as loud, its only loud compared to the stock exhaust. it is menacing
      01-16-2009, 01:10 PM   #7
ZStig
instagram 997turbotom
Rep
Drives: Interlagos Z4MR

it better not drone after break-in, that would suck. I promised myself not to buy any more drony exhausts
      01-16-2009, 01:55 PM   #8
Mikewarlover
Major
Canada
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Black///Mamba View Post
the exhaust is menacing. only word to describe it. i honestly wouldn't describe it as loud, its only loud compared to the stock exhaust. it is menacing
Actually Its still quiet a lot of sound for just Two cans right I mean it would be super loud if u get headers and x pipes. Don't miss lead people to think this exhaust is quiet man lol.
Appreciate 0
      01-16-2009, 02:27 PM   #9
rcube
Private
Rep
Drives: z4mc

oh man, we need a GVA meet! I want to hear those things in person. haha

is it much louder at idle and lower rpm?
Appreciate 0
      01-16-2009, 02:30 PM   #10
Mikewarlover
Major
Canada
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by rcube View Post
oh man, we need a GVA meet! I want to hear those things in person. haha
Call me up I will pm u my number asap and i know another z4 owner and maybe we can meet along with this M3 meet that is happening soon.
Appreciate 0
      01-16-2009, 02:52 PM   #11
Black///Mamba
Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mikewarlover View Post
Actually Its still quiet a lot of sound for just Two cans right I mean it would be super loud if u get headers and x pipes. Don't miss lead people to think this exhaust is quiet man lol.
honestly, i've had the exhaust for over 6 months now and have gotten so used to it that i dont find it loud at all lol. however, my gf does say she can hear me coming from across the street. she claims its not obnoxious, its just very pronounced and easy to identify. i take that as a compliment.
      01-16-2009, 03:13 PM   #12
Mikewarlover
Major
Canada
Rep

Quote:
honestly, i've had the exhaust for over 6 months now and have gotten so used to it that i dont find it loud at all lol. however, my gf does say she can hear me coming from across the street. she claims its not obnoxious, its just very pronounced and easy to identify. i take that as a compliment.
Its just that u are so used to it already to outsiders it is definitely pretty loud. I still remember the first time i hear the exhaust yesterday and it was stunning. Last nite i got all my friend to come out and hear the exhaust and they all think its pretty loud and sweet. After hearing my exhaust they all wanna get new exhaust now. I was also surprised cause i compared my car to my friend's sti with full system and catless i was louder than him.

A question for u though Mamba, does the drone disappear after breaking and does the exhaust get louder after break in
Appreciate 0
      01-16-2009, 03:20 PM   #13
killjohnnyforan
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: ///M Coupe

it disappears... until myou get headers
Appreciate 0
      01-16-2009, 03:25 PM   #14
Black///Mamba
Lieutenant
Rep

it disappears. and thank god. because i was honestly planning on returning it for a bit. I was getting so pissed off, but it definatly disappears. And it progressively gets a meaner sound imo as it breaks in. enjoy. and lets get some pics! its (IMHO) the best looking set of cans out!
      01-16-2009, 03:40 PM   #15
Mikewarlover
Major
Canada
Rep

Quote:
it disappears. and thank god. because i was honestly planning on returning it for a bit. I was getting so pissed off, but it definatly disappears. And it progressively gets a meaner sound imo as it breaks in. enjoy. and lets get some pics! its (IMHO) the best looking set of cans out!
How long did it take u to break it in ?
Appreciate 0
      01-16-2009, 03:52 PM   #16
killjohnnyforan
First Lieutenant
Rep

depends how long you drive. about two weeks i'd say tho
Appreciate 0
      01-16-2009, 11:16 PM   #17
Mikewarlover
Major
Canada
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by killjohnnyforan View Post
depends how long you drive. about two weeks i'd say tho
i drive like 100km daily commute so might only take me one week?
Appreciate 0
      01-17-2009, 01:11 PM   #18
cruisingdog
Rep
Drives: Z4 2.5i Black

Not to be a party pooper, but what is it with wanting a "LOUD" exhaust ? I can understand wanting to make it a bit deeper or to sound different, but louder ? What's the point ? It just annoys people, especially when you drive through a quiet neighborhood.

Just don't get it.
Appreciate 0
      01-17-2009, 02:50 PM   #19
Mikewarlover
Major
Canada
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by cruisingdog View Post
Not to be a party pooper, but what is it with wanting a "LOUD" exhaust ? I can understand wanting to make it a bit deeper or to sound different, but louder ? What's the point ? It just annoys people, especially when you drive through a quiet neighborhood.

Just don't get it.
Loud and deep is what we are ultimately looking for and since we have a roadster the louder and better the sound the more we enjoy it with top down.
Also all fast and exotic sports cars are loud hence ferrari lambo, porshce, and so on even the m5 and m6 are loud stock.
Appreciate 0
      01-18-2009, 03:44 AM   #20
rcube
Private
Rep
Drives: z4mc

Quote:

Just don't get it.

do you know how loud is the m exhaust??? a 330i makes more noise...
you like quiet? why don't you drive a camry?

seriously a regular z4 makes more noise at lower rpm than a M.
Appreciate 0
      01-18-2009, 10:39 AM   #21
thekurgan
Bad Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: E90M3

Garage List
2008 BMW M3  [0.00]
Quote:

Just don't get it.
+1, I'd rather have the bite without the bark.
      01-19-2009, 02:47 PM   #22
killjohnnyforan
First Lieutenant
Rep

-1 i'd rather be completely obnoxious
Appreciate 0