ZPOST
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   ZPOST > BMW Z4 Roadster and Coupe > General BMW Z4 Forum
  TireRack

SUPPORT ZPOST BY DOING YOUR TIRERACK SHOPPING FROM THIS BANNER, THANKS!

01-19-2009, 11:04 AM   #1
BZZZE
Evil Clown
Rep
Drives: 2007 MZ4 Roadster

Z4M Production and Other Interesting Info Thread

Z4 M Production, 2006-2008
Coupes, Worldwide: 4,275, North America: 1,815.
Roadsters, Worldwide: 5,070, North America: 3,042
Source - BMW Car magazine, Nov. 2008 issue, pp 9

Detailed production numbers 2006-2008:
http://www.bimmerfest.com/forums/sho...1&postcount=23

Please add any interesting info, facts, or FAQs answers here regarding Z4M coupes and roadsters.

Last edited by BZZZE; 01-20-2009 at 07:48 AM..
Appreciate 0
      01-19-2009, 03:54 PM   #2
MVF4Rrider
PCA, BMWCCA
Rep
Drives: 997S, MV Agusta F4, E46 M3

Well I can say that's not a lot. And that means these will be more and more uncommon as time goes on. In 25 years, will it be as desirable as a E30 M3 is today? I think so...
      01-19-2009, 04:00 PM   #3
MMMazing07
More than you can afford pal....ferrari
Rep
Drives: Z4M

Quote:
Originally Posted by MVF4Rrider View Post
Well I can say that's not a lot. And that means these will be more and more uncommon as time goes on. In 25 years, will it be as desirable as a E30 M3 is today? I think so...
i doubt it. majority people can barley fit in a Z4M let alone be comfortable in one
Appreciate 0
      01-19-2009, 04:06 PM   #4
mpower03
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: 08 z4 M Coupe

look at the cobra, people pay crazy dollars and that has less leg room. I know it has a historic racing background and the z4m doesn't but it is just a comparison.
      01-19-2009, 04:50 PM   #5
MVF4Rrider
PCA, BMWCCA
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by MMMazing07 View Post
i doubt it. majority people can barley fit in a Z4M let alone be comfortable in one

Isn't everyone's body fat % a single digit like mine?
      01-19-2009, 05:42 PM   #6
Dammmittt
My favorite sign.
South Korea
Rep
Drives: 2007 M Coupe

Quote:
Originally Posted by MVF4Rrider View Post
Isn't everyone's body fat % a single digit like mine?
No...once you get back to the US, you'll realize that you are vastly outnumbered there.

07 ///M Coupe (Premium Package) Black Saphire Ext. Imola Red Int.

Best Website EVER!
Appreciate 0
      01-19-2009, 08:45 PM   #7
epbrown
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: BMW M Coupe, Porsche Boxster S

There's really no point to this thread if it's going to be just another rambling, unfocused discussion on the Z4M's possible classic/collectable status, rather than actual facts.

I think the thread should be about the Z4MR and Z4MC, but discussion should limit itself to facts and issues with the car, and stick to stock car discussions rather than go on and on about possible modifications and upgrades, though OEM modifications like the rear diff gearing changes, aero kit, and various BMW wheels that fit would be good.

How about a description of the passenger side motor mount issue, 2nd gear grind, or the creaking/popping front cross-brace? How to tell if a car has extended leather? The change in TPMS from 2006 vs. 2007 and 2008? Come to that, a detailed listing of the differences between the model years would be good, including options like satellite radio and HD radio. Someone mentioned fit issues like headroom and legroom - how about the numbers?

I also think that as information comes in, it should be added to the first post so newcomers get everything in one hit rather than going through multiple pages. Lastly, I recommend only bumping the thread once a day, BZZZE, unless someone's actually posting something.

How's that sound to everyone?
Appreciate 0
      01-19-2009, 09:50 PM   #8
SlickShift
Lieutenant Colonel
No_Country
Rep
Drives: '11 BMW E90 M3 ZCP, '21 X5 ZMP

I like that^ idea seeing as how I might be a future Z4MR owner.
Appreciate 0
      01-19-2009, 10:37 PM   #9
Dammmittt
My favorite sign.
South Korea
Rep
Drives: 2007 M Coupe

Quote:
Originally Posted by epbrown View Post
There's really no point to this thread if it's going to be just another rambling, unfocused discussion on the Z4M's possible classic/collectable status, rather than actual facts.

I think the thread should be about the Z4MR and Z4MC, but discussion should limit itself to facts and issues with the car, and stick to stock car discussions rather than go on and on about possible modifications and upgrades, though OEM modifications like the rear diff gearing changes, aero kit, and various BMW wheels that fit would be good.

How about a description of the passenger side motor mount issue, 2nd gear grind, or the creaking/popping front cross-brace? How to tell if a car has extended leather? The change in TPMS from 2006 vs. 2007 and 2008? Come to that, a detailed listing of the differences between the model years would be good, including options like satellite radio and HD radio. Someone mentioned fit issues like headroom and legroom - how about the numbers?

I also think that as information comes in, it should be added to the first post so newcomers get everything in one hit rather than going through multiple pages. Lastly, I recommend only bumping the thread once a day, BZZZE, unless someone's actually posting something.

How's that sound to everyone?
Yes...but the problem with an open thread (especially in this forum) is that it goes OT quickly. A mod with sticky/lock privileges could help with that.

07 ///M Coupe (Premium Package) Black Saphire Ext. Imola Red Int.

Best Website EVER!
Appreciate 0
      01-20-2009, 05:22 AM   #10
MVF4Rrider
PCA, BMWCCA
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dammmittt View Post
Yes...but the problem with an open thread (especially in this forum) is that it goes OT quickly. A mod with sticky/lock privileges could help with that.
I suggest a Facts and FAQs thread. Perhaps that would minimize the chaff? The "other interesting info" portion of the title is too broad and invites everything under the sun.
      01-20-2009, 07:38 AM   #11
BZZZE
Evil Clown
Rep
Drives: 2007 MZ4 Roadster

OK, let a Mod make it a sticky and change the title to read "Z4M Production and other Facts and FAQs" but I don't think it will change the OT posting. It is just the nature of this forum. There needs to be more info before it should be locked but a Mod could remove the OT posts until then.
Appreciate 0
      04-20-2010, 09:28 PM   #12
wildag
///M'n it Up
United_States
Rep
Drives: '06 ///M Roadster

Here's some real production numbers. The following thread has a CSV file with all production info for every North American Z4M made.

http://www.zpost.com/forums/showthread.php?t=302570
Appreciate 0