BMW 1 Series Coupe Forum / 1 Series Convertible Forum (1M / tii / 135i / 128i / Coupe / Cabrio / Hatchback) (BMW E82 E88 128i 130i 135i)

12-14-2008, 05:05 PM   #1
lamal3
Enlisted Member
Canada
Rep
Drives: BMW 135i

Window not dropping down !!!

I opened up my car yesterday to find that my window wasen't dropping a quarter of an inch when you normally opened the door. It was raining with a bit of wet snow yesterday so my car has water on the body however as the day progressed snow start to come down and the temperature started to dip below 0 degrees. I later went into my car to close the door and while I was closing it I heard a loud bang. This freaked me out cause the door wasen't closing as it should. So what I did was I started the vehicle up and let the car warm up for about 5 minutes and then all of a sudden the windows starting working again. They weren't going down before because of the cold ice sticking to the side of the window. Now I want to know is will this happen again if the temperatures were to get cold all the time? This could be a problem if the door doesn't drop down properly before closing because if the window does not drop it will slam into the side of the car. Has anybody experienced this problem in the cold? THis really suxs if it happens. The car is really sensitive to the cold. If the window doesn't drop then you will not be able to close the door.

Appreciate 0
      12-14-2008, 09:24 PM   #2
Lester
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives:

This was brought up on another post, search for frozen window.
Appreciate 0