BMW 1 Series Coupe Forum / 1 Series Convertible Forum (1M / tii / 135i / 128i / Coupe / Cabrio / Hatchback) (BMW E82 E88 128i 130i 135i)

02-23-2009, 01:23 AM   #1
themyst
Major General
South Korea
Rep
Drives: '16 MK7 GTI

Interior storage

Ok, I know it's no secret the 135 has very little, alongside impractical interior storage. I liked the idea of throwing a bunch of papers and coins in a big center console storage bin, but on this car, its not possible. I have to stuff my sunglass case in the door storage compartment, and I would prefer other options.

Does anyone know where I can get something where I can mount a small storage area underneath my seat where I can throw all my miscellaneous stuff in instead of having it stuffed in my door storage bin?

Also if someone can link me to where I can purchase a BMW cupholder that mounts to the passenger side of the center console i'd greatly appreciate it!
      02-23-2009, 09:29 AM   #2
CoolToolGuy
1er Happy Camper!
United_States
Rep
Drives: '09 135i,'07 X3

This place is your friend: http://www.leatherz.com/

A couple other options:
  • Search on the DIY forum for a thread where somebody retrofit the factory dash storage compartment into the top of the dash. You have to cut the dash, but it is a factory item, so it looks great when done.
  • BMW sells a backrest storage unit. Look on the BMW Web site. I have one, and it has several pockets. If you put it on the passenger seatback, there is a pocket perfect for sunglasses right at the top.
Have Fun,
Rick
2009 135i (E82) Space Gray; Gray Leather; Steptronic w/paddles; Premium; Sport; CA - Dinan: Stage 2 ECU; Cold Air Intake; Oil Cooler; Susp. bushings; Strut Brace. - BMWPerf: Suspension; rotors front & rear; exhaust; grilles; sideskirts; trunk spoiler. BMW 261M wheels w/Sumitomo HTR ZIII. - Quaife: LSD. - Custom Graphics.
2007 X3 - 2002 Pontiac Montana
Appreciate 0
      02-28-2009, 04:29 PM   #3
Misterted
Maniac with a BMW
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2020 330 X-Drive

It's not great on storage I know. Have you seen the inside of the arm rest? WTF?
They took a nice sized space and killed it.
I lined my ashtray with adhesive felt and put my change in there.
I wish there was a place for my sunglasses too.
Appreciate 0