ZPOST
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   ZPOST > BMW Z4 Roadster and Coupe > General BMW Z4 Forum
  TireRack

SUPPORT ZPOST BY DOING YOUR TIRERACK SHOPPING FROM THIS BANNER, THANKS!

02-25-2009, 12:00 AM   #1
spg
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: IR Z4mC

Anyone have Rogue exhaust on the Z4MC?

I have Questions!!!!
Appreciate 0
      02-25-2009, 03:44 AM   #2
Mikewarlover
Major
Canada
Rep
Drives: white

me and black mamba do have RE diablo on our M and i can tell you it is simply amazing. It is considerablely cheaper than supersprint and eisenman and the sound and quality of the tips are top notch no kidding man. I have the right to say the sound is on par with Eisenman cause i had the chance to drive one of our member's mz4 with supersprint and i can tell you the sound is almost identical. However i do think mine is a little bit deeper. Get it and you won't be disappointed.
      02-25-2009, 07:32 AM   #3
Black///Mamba
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: a beast

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mikewarlover View Post
me and black mamba do have RE diablo on our M and i can tell you it is simply amazing. It is considerablely cheaper than supersprint and eisenman and the sound and quality of the tips are top notch no kidding man. I have the right to say the sound is on par with Eisenman cause i had the chance to drive one of our member's mz4 with supersprint and i can tell you the sound is almost identical. However i do think mine is a little bit deeper. Get it and you won't be disappointed.
what he said...
      02-25-2009, 09:19 AM   #4
BMW Maniac
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: Former Z4M coupe owner

is it really $1300 for two mufflers and tailpipes??

1999 /// M3 Convertible Techno Violet
Appreciate 0
      02-25-2009, 09:26 AM   #5
Black///Mamba
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: a beast

Quote:
Originally Posted by BMW Maniac View Post
is it really $1300 for two mufflers and tailpipes??
depends on what you are looking for. i wanted my car to sound like a race car...the way it should. i also wanted to get rid of the "hanging balls" look of the stock exhaust. RE is a great company, ran by 2 great guys. So imo, yes its worth it.
      02-25-2009, 02:31 PM   #6
mpower03
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: 08 z4 M Coupe

if RPI doesn't come through with their exhaust then this is the way i am going to go.
      02-25-2009, 02:38 PM   #7
Mikewarlover
Major
Canada
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by mpower03 View Post
if RPI doesn't come through with their exhaust then this is the way i am going to go.
Honestly i have been tracking the process of RPI their level of productivity is a big NONO They can't seem to get anything done properly taking them forever.... thats why i didn't even bother to wait
      02-25-2009, 03:18 PM   #8
Burt Reynolds
Captain
Rep
Drives: 2007 M Coupe

As a second option, you can get supersprint race for the same nearly the same price.
2007 M Coupe w/NAV/Premium/Extended Leather, Clearbra, DICE, 4.10 BMW Motorsport Polished LSD, Active Autowerke Gen IV Headers, Supersprint Race Exhaust and X-Pipe, ESS Tuned DME, KWV3 Coilovers, Volk RE30, OEM Strut Tower Brace, Short Antenna, JL AMP, JL 10W7, Valentine V1.
Appreciate 0
      02-25-2009, 04:55 PM   #9
superbow
Private First Class
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: soon to be 440iM Sport Coupe

Quote:
Do you get any drawn or boom with these?
      02-25-2009, 08:14 PM   #10
Bammered
Track Addict
United_States
Rep
Drives: E86 Z4 ///M COUPE

Garage List
Quote:
The Rogue is a good exhaust and a great price...But the difference between the Supersprint and Rogue is only $300 and then should you desire you could go for a full system from the headers back by the same manufacturer (Supersprint).

IMHO I prefer the sound of the Supersprint as it is deeper than stock but retains a cultured wail.... The Rogue is definetly a deeper sounding exhaust, im just not sure if it fits the character of the MZ4... I also prefer the slightly smaller tips of the Supersprint 76mm vs 80mm of the Rogue Diablo...

In the end I dont think you can really go wrong with either exhaust, as a uncorked S54 in an ///MZ4 is a truly amazing sound for the ears to behold!
Appreciate 0
      02-25-2009, 09:09 PM   #11
Mikewarlover
Major
Canada
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by superbow View Post
Do you get any drawn or boom with these?
Honestly if you want the exhaust to be loud theres gonna be drone it doesn't matter what brand it is expensive or not. Eisenmann race which is probably one of the most expensive z4m exhaust will drone and i can tell you lots of it. If you are expecting a summer weekend car then a exhaust is good and the drone is acceptable but if you use it often or like me as a daily it is kinda a pain. However personally i would take a little bit of drone for the amazing sound track with the top down.
      02-25-2009, 10:30 PM   #12
spg
Private First Class
Rep

Yes, But how loud? Its going on a DD. How is it on the freeway? Any Drone??I hope not!
Appreciate 0
      02-25-2009, 10:59 PM   #13
Mikewarlover
Major
Canada
Rep

no drone on free way
      02-26-2009, 09:40 PM   #14
spg
Private First Class
Rep

Before I "pull the trigger" on this I need to know how loud it is on city streets & on the freeway at crusing speeds, can you here the radio? I'm looking for something like the Dinan tone and loudness level on the M E46.
Appreciate 0
      02-27-2009, 08:39 PM   #15
spg
Private First Class
Rep

????? I Need to Know before I buy!
Appreciate 0
      02-28-2009, 03:59 PM   #16
Mikewarlover
Major
Canada
Rep

i will not drone or be too loud so it will cover the radio it is still pretty civilized compared to a lot of the shit loud exhaust out there. However u do have to turn ur radio up a bit. Do me mind if i ask you how old u are. Cause i won't recommand this to anyone over 40 ... maybe even 35....
      02-28-2009, 06:57 PM   #17
MRulz
Car Enthusiast
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2006 BMW M Roadster

what is the HP gain from these exhaust systems. Does one need a reflash to get the max power?
Appreciate 0
      02-28-2009, 09:05 PM   #18
Mikewarlover
Major
Canada
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by MRulz View Post
what is the HP gain from these exhaust systems. Does one need a reflash to get the max power?
plz do not expect gain any more than 2 or 3 hp even off the best cat back system. (which is the supersprint powerloop i suppose)

I don't know why people expect to gain anything really from two cans it is not possible. Even if u go for powerloop with 2 or 3hp powergain what the hell is the point. Exhaust is for looks and sound not really for powergain unless u go for header and software combined.
      02-28-2009, 09:44 PM   #19
spg
Private First Class
Rep

Quote:
i will not drone or be too loud so it will cover the radio it is still pretty civilized compared to a lot of the shit loud exhaust out there. However u do have to turn ur radio up a bit. Do me mind if i ask you how old u are. Cause i won't recommand this to anyone over 40 ... maybe even 35....
Im 35, Have had MANY modded cars from day 1, I Like the Dinan off my E46 m3 best for tone & loudness to me.
1.E46 M3 W/ Gruppe M = too loud for me
2.E92 w/Eis. race = too loud for me
Appreciate 0
      02-28-2009, 09:45 PM   #20
Burt Reynolds
Captain
Rep
Drives: 2007 M Coupe

BMS cat back makes far more than 2-3hp. With software, I believe supersprint does too. Section 1 from any manufacturer loses power unless you get software and then it gains power...especially in the midrange. There are more improvements to be had than just headers. However, I do agree that headers are a better first step as long as you get software w/it.

The sound though...it is a definite improvement.
2007 M Coupe w/NAV/Premium/Extended Leather, Clearbra, DICE, 4.10 BMW Motorsport Polished LSD, Active Autowerke Gen IV Headers, Supersprint Race Exhaust and X-Pipe, ESS Tuned DME, KWV3 Coilovers, Volk RE30, OEM Strut Tower Brace, Short Antenna, JL AMP, JL 10W7, Valentine V1.
Appreciate 0
      03-01-2009, 11:43 AM   #21
MRulz
Car Enthusiast
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2006 BMW M Roadster

Quote:
plz do not expect gain any more than 2 or 3 hp even off the best cat back system. (which is the supersprint powerloop i suppose)

I don't know why people expect to gain anything really from two cans it is not possible. Even if u go for powerloop with 2 or 3hp powergain what the hell is the point. Exhaust is for looks and sound not really for powergain unless u go for header and software combined.
What I meant to ask was the headers the X-Pipe, nice exhausy system and a reflash. Thanks for the input.
Appreciate 0
      03-01-2009, 01:45 PM   #22
FASTTOYS
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: Audi R8, X3M, XC60 R-Line

Good luck on the drone Corsa is good

If you dont want any drone Corsa is the only exhaust company. UUC just had them make a M3 exhaust its on you tube. I have one on my 2006 Z06 vette. I bought the Remus becuae I wanted to keep the back presure the same as stock and get rid of the Big Ball look. I feel its to quite for me no drone at all. The guys in eruope love it but they have the eruo headers without the cats. If I had the euro headers and the Remus set up I think it would be great. I was wondering how much additional sound would I gain with a S/S X pipe? My exhaust guy can custom an mandral bent x pip set up I dont want to lose power.
Appreciate 0