ZPOST
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   ZPOST > BMW Z4 Roadster and Coupe > General BMW Z4 Forum
  TireRack

SUPPORT ZPOST BY DOING YOUR TIRERACK SHOPPING FROM THIS BANNER, THANKS!

03-21-2009, 03:23 AM   #1
nate96
Second Lieutenant
Canada
Rep
Drives: TI Silver 06 Z4 Coupe

ZPOST Sponsor

This is a rant about my experience with EAS.

At the end of January I had a last minute trip to Arizona. Seeing as though I am from Canada and some businesses will not ship wheels across the border. I started searching for something I wanted. I liked the Velocity Motoring V710. Although the companies that do carry them are willing to ship to Canada, I thought I could save money on shipping and duty picking them up while down there. The only company that had the gunmetal ones in stock was EAS.

A few emails back and forth to tell EAS of the situation and see if there is a problem. I was told no problems to ship to Arizona and the wheels would take 5-7 business days after they are shipped to arrive and 2-3 days for them to be shipped out from EAS as the tires had to be ordered and shipped to them. I called EAS to put in my order on late Wednesday afternoon, and was told that the wheels will ship out Monday or Tuesday. I was arriving in Arizona on Saturday and staying 10-12 days, so this seemed like perfect timing. I verbally gave the mailing address as well as emailed it to them so there would be no mistakes. I also asked for an invoice to be shipped with the wheels so I have proof of purchase when crossing back into Canada.

I emailed EAS on Tuesday for a tracking number. When I put in the tracking number it showed that they tried to deliver the wheels on Friday, Monday, and Tuesday already. I called the delivery company to see what was going on. Turns out EAS had only given them half of the address. I scheduled Thursday with the dispatch to drop off the wheels.

The wheels showed up. I opened the boxes to look inside. WOW the wheels are packaged so well, there is no way there could any damage. I did not want to take them out of their packaging as they had to travel to Canada. There is no invoice with wheels.

I arrive at home. I unpackaged the wheels to find out one of them is damaged in two spots. I emailed EAS with pictures. Where it is damaged you can see these left their shop damaged.

Remainder of the pictures – Which were all sent to EAS

http://s89.photobucket.com/albums/k2...V710%20Damage/

It takes EAS over 2 weeks to let me know what is going on with the wheel. I am informed they will replace it for "free" but I have to pay for shipping because the wheels are not in the place that they were shipped to. The cost to ship to Arizona $50, to Canada $105. For $55 you would think EAS would cover it as it was their screw up and try to keep the customer happy. This is not the case.

I ship the wheel back and ask three times for them not to ship UPS, to ship USPS and to put down it is warranty exchange on the customs form. This way I do not have to pay brokerage, or taxes on an item I have already done so for. I thought this was the least they could to help a customer out from their screw up. The wheel was shipped with UPS and "used automotive parts" put on the customs form. I had to pay brokerage fees, and taxes again since it appears to be a new item being shipped.

The damaged wheel caused by EAS has cost me $150 extra. Several attempts were made to allow EAS to correct this. They do not seem to care about this or their customers. I will not be using EAS ever again.

Almost all of the correspondents with EAS was via e-mail.
      03-21-2009, 03:51 AM   #2
Dammmittt
My favorite sign.
South Korea
Rep
Drives: 2007 M Coupe

Sucks about the wheels, seems like any fool should have seen the scratches before the packaged them up, someone has QA/QC problems.

07 ///M Coupe (Premium Package) Black Saphire Ext. Imola Red Int.

Best Website EVER!
Appreciate 0
      04-17-2009, 09:43 PM   #3
fitchesbass
Captain
Rep
Drives: BMW

Sorry to hear about your experiences.

I have had nothing but positive experiences with Tom at EAS. I think email is not the good method to go with talking about this topic. It's easy to say things and assume meanings, unlike speaking on the phone or in person.

I can understand them not covering the shipping to Canada, as it sounds like you originally had them shipped to the US. They should ship it to the US spot again - that would be agreeable I would think.
Appreciate 0
      04-20-2009, 12:18 PM   #4
nate96
Second Lieutenant
Canada
Rep
Drives: TI Silver 06 Z4 Coupe

Quote:
Originally Posted by fitchesbass View Post
Sorry to hear about your experiences.

I have had nothing but positive experiences with Tom at EAS. I think email is not the good method to go with talking about this topic. It's easy to say things and assume meanings, unlike speaking on the phone or in person.

I can understand them not covering the shipping to Canada, as it sounds like you originally had them shipped to the US. They should ship it to the US spot again - that would be agreeable I would think.
There were phonecalls that were followed by an email to summarize what was said and expected. This is something I have learned to do in my professional life so not to get burned in a he said/they said arguement.

This was thier mistake. All I was saying is $50 is cheap to keep a customer happy, with the possibilities of future purchases. Then another mistake by them cost me another $100.