ZPOST
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   ZPOST > Marketplace > Classifieds : For Sale / Wanted / Group Buys
  TireRack

SUPPORT ZPOST BY DOING YOUR TIRERACK SHOPPING FROM THIS BANNER, THANKS!

04-22-2009, 08:01 PM   #1
Mikewarlover
Major
Canada
Rep
Drives: white

Part out feeler(RE diablo,grille, NEEZ )

BIMMERPOST / Classifieds
Asking Price:
None

Item Interest
exhaust is now sold

Matte black grille is now sold

Euro cross and qd7 are still forsale

Last edited by Mikewarlover; 04-25-2009 at 12:28 PM..
Appreciate 0
      04-22-2009, 08:33 PM   #2
MMMazing07
More than you can afford pal....ferrari
Rep
Drives: Z4M

wtf. you just bought those rims.
Appreciate 0
      04-22-2009, 08:53 PM   #3
Mikewarlover
Major
Canada
Rep

yea i noe haha but my mind changes so fast its ridiculous.
      04-22-2009, 09:24 PM   #4
Burt Reynolds
Captain
Rep
Drives: 2007 M Coupe

Don't do it. I had a highly modified scubie myself and it was the biggest piece of shit. Yeah I got 350whp and nearly 400wtq but I was blowing differentials, gears, the paint would scratch if you looked at it funny, the body would dent if you shut the door too hard, the interior was garbage. Service, don't get me started on that....DON'T DO IT!!!!

Here is a picture if you don't believe me-

2007 M Coupe w/NAV/Premium/Extended Leather, Clearbra, DICE, 4.10 BMW Motorsport Polished LSD, Active Autowerke Gen IV Headers, Supersprint Race Exhaust and X-Pipe, ESS Tuned DME, KWV3 Coilovers, Volk RE30, OEM Strut Tower Brace, Short Antenna, JL AMP, JL 10W7, Valentine V1.
Appreciate 0
      04-22-2009, 10:02 PM   #5
3002 tii
Lieutenant General
Rep
Drives: Z4 M, X5, GX460

Garage List
often times i've wanted a project car like the wrx above... it'd be a fun daily driver and for the winters.
      04-22-2009, 11:20 PM   #6
Mikewarlover
Major
Canada
Rep

new sti not old one
      04-23-2009, 10:25 AM   #7
Burt Reynolds
Captain
Rep

Still a pos- I would prefer the 2007 like I had over the new one. He'll, the plain 2009 WRX is faster in a straight line than the new STI!!!!???!!!
2007 M Coupe w/NAV/Premium/Extended Leather, Clearbra, DICE, 4.10 BMW Motorsport Polished LSD, Active Autowerke Gen IV Headers, Supersprint Race Exhaust and X-Pipe, ESS Tuned DME, KWV3 Coilovers, Volk RE30, OEM Strut Tower Brace, Short Antenna, JL AMP, JL 10W7, Valentine V1.

Last edited by Burt Reynolds; 04-23-2009 at 10:46 AM..
Appreciate 0
      04-23-2009, 10:36 AM   #8
Mikewarlover
Major
Canada
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Burt Reynolds View Post
Still a pos
Well thats what i thought before however i got into a test drive of the new one and the interior is a huge improvement over the previous model. One thing u have to keep in mind is that my M roadster is my daily and i have 100km daily commute to school and the ride is killing me. Also my University is up in the mountains so in the winter theres a lot of snow there and i really can't go through that with my M roadster.

Few of my friend has STI 07 and 08 and they have being very realiable so far and maintainance and service is much cheaper than bmw. If i blow the engine i will just drop in a cosworth or sumthing in the future. I will probably keep the subaru at 400hp and stay there and i believe it will last. With subaru as a good daily that can work snow or rain i can also make room for a gallardo possiblly.
      04-23-2009, 01:51 PM   #9
Burt Reynolds
Captain
Rep

If you are determined to go this route, why not get a WRX then...it is faster stock vs stock STI. The drivetrain is a little weaker but you are not banging the gears it wont matter.
I can tell you that you will be back into a luxury car pretty quick- After 6-10 months you will regret the decision with the Subie- I promise you.

Given your needs, I would look at a the new B8 Audi S4 with a supercharger. I have had 2 Audi S4s and that sounds like it would fit pretty well. Hell you can pick up a used B7 S4 with the V8 for mid 20s. Also, if you have the mod bug get the supercharged V6 B8S4 (pluses are gas mileage, comfort, AWD, and a great upgrade path).
Appreciate 0
      04-23-2009, 02:05 PM   #10
Haretakis
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2007 Silver Z4 M Coupe

Seriously? If he test drove and liked it, let him buy it. His money, his taste, his decision. Plus he said he is gonna get a Gallardo! Hahaha that should keep him happy if the Subie gets annoying.
      04-23-2009, 03:23 PM   #11
Mikewarlover
Major
Canada
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Haretakis View Post
Seriously? If he test drove and liked it, let him buy it. His money, his taste, his decision. Plus he said he is gonna get a Gallardo! Hahaha that should keep him happy if the Subie gets annoying.
Possibly a gallardo thats my hope but probably much more likely to be a Carrera4s or turbo or RS5.

And Burt i honestly respect ur opinion but i am the kinda of guy who wanna try and own all kind of cars. Owning a nice turbo car has always been on my list. Obviously at this price one smart choice is to go with a 335xi but i just hate the 335 group they are cocky, annoying and too many fan boys. Also 335 isn't really anything exciting in the turbo world and the N54 is not a great engine as well. For audi i ve considered RS4 but for one its quiet pricy for what it is , 2 it is a NA again which is sumthing i don't want right now.

Another important point is i am only 19 and driving a sti kinda suits me better. I ve had enough discrimination from driving bmw already haha... and i love the subaru community so far mostly friendly and less cocky people.

by the way i am still not 100percent sure if i am gonna switch gonna noe by tmr
      04-23-2009, 03:39 PM   #12
Haretakis
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep

Had a 335i, great engine actually (400+ whp is easy with boltons now) and a nice car, but not very satisfying drive. Coming from a Z4 M you are definitely gonna have to get something with a major fun factor. Look hard at those Audis: they are nice, but boring as hell! BTW, the 335i crew does suck big time, really are a bunch of annoying fanboys.
      04-23-2009, 03:43 PM   #13
Mikewarlover
Major
Canada
Rep

Quote:
Had a 335i, great engine actually (400+ whp is easy with boltons now) and a nice car, but not very satisfying drive. Coming from a Z4 M you are definitely gonna have to get something with a major fun factor. Look hard at those Audis: they are nice, but boring as hell! BTW, the 335i crew does suck big time, really are a bunch of annoying fanboys.
+1 totally agree the thing i love about sti is that with not much money i can get a bigger turbo, FMIC and i can be hitting 500hp and that is definitely fun.
      04-23-2009, 05:52 PM   #14
Burt Reynolds
Captain
Rep

To get 500 whp you will need a TON more than that (including a built block). If you have not already, start looking over on NASIOC and start reading up. Anyway, good luck and post pictures when you get it.
Appreciate 0
      04-23-2009, 06:23 PM   #15
Z4MCJJ
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: Z4MC

Quote:
I got rid of my 335i...they drive like a Lincoln Town car.....seriously.

I took my 335i to the track once...thought i was pretty good...then started running my Z4M coupe and could easily lap the few 335i on the track.

Appreciate 0
      04-23-2009, 11:07 PM   #16
DiscoZ
Second Lieutenant
Canada
Rep
Drives: 991.1S, G05 X5 50i, LR Disco

Perhaps some of you are not old enough to remember just how cocky the WRX crew used to be back in the day when it has just come to NA. 335i crew is similar, but worse in that they are also high on driving BMW's.

As for a Carerra, don't bother with it if you've already had a Z4M. Not a Turbo obviously, or the new C2S.
      04-24-2009, 01:19 AM   #17
Mikewarlover
Major
Canada
Rep

lol speed isn't everything really i like sti cause the way the turbo enages is crazy and i like that sudden boost.

Anyways some one get my baller rims!!!! Neez = exclusive taste + great performance
      04-24-2009, 02:18 AM   #18
white90
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: 06AWE90 / 07AWZ4MC

jst funny how a FS thread turned into a car buying decision discussion LOL
Appreciate 0
      04-24-2009, 02:36 AM   #19
HBspeed
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 05 M3, 00 Z3MC, Boxster Spyder

Garage List
I also own an 02 wrx, which I've had since it was new. It has been a great car and still runs great at 70,000 miles. It is relatively lightly modded: springs, strut bars, rear sway, wheels, cold air intake, cat back exhaust. The only issue I've had is having the 1st gear syncros get bad few times and need to be changed under warranty. If I had to drive through snow on a regular basis and could only own one car I would probably be thinking along the same lines of going awd. The new sti is probably the best looking hatch made and the only one I could ever picture myself driving. However like others have said the quality difference is there, something I notice often when I hop back in my wrx. The new S4, RS5 a used turbo or hell even a GTR would be the way to go if you can afford it. The new STI is undoubtedly better than older subies like mine, but it will still be a noticeable downgrade. I know what you mean about being young and a BMW driver as I am in my early/mid 20's myself. But hey Canadians are nicer than Orange County peeps anyways right, so do what you want.
Appreciate 0
      04-24-2009, 02:56 AM   #20
Haretakis
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep

Hahaha sorry for thread jacking! But a free bump I guess. Every time I get pulled over and the cop sees they all say: "Your dad buy you this?" I just chuckle... and say no sir.
      04-24-2009, 03:24 AM   #21
Peg_legs
Rep
Drives: 03 BMW Z4

pictures of the wheels? price? thanks
Appreciate 0
      04-24-2009, 03:54 AM   #22
Mikewarlover
Major
Canada
Rep