BMW M3 Forum (E90 E92)

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   M3Post - BMW M3 Forum > E90/E92 M3 Technical Topics > Engine, Transmission, Exhaust, Drivetrain, ECU Software Modifications

05-29-2009, 12:11 PM   #1
Captain Slow
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 09' M3 Convertible

First Impression - MS Filter/AA Pulley/AA ECU Tune

I dipped my little tow into the world of modding.

I recently purchased and installed a MS filter, AA Pulley, and AA ECU tune. I installed each one seperately, as they all came at different times, but in the above order.

The MS filter provides a different and louder sound to the car above 4000 rpms. Don't have dyno numbers to compare, but the aural experience is definitely different.

The filter and pulley provides smoother acceleration in the mid and upper rpm ranges.

The filter, pulley, and ecu tune provides the smooth idle, even smoother and faster climbs up the rpm range. The car's acceleration feels for the lack of a more descriptive word slick. I am pleased with the feel. I have zero issues with the tuned ECU back in my car, the car started up the first time, with zero hesitation/hiccups. It started up the first time into the vey smooth idle; with zero error codes, and no strange noises that I was warned may take place. Props to AA, for quality parts & quick and responsive service. Unfortunately, I don't have dyno numbers, but do feel like these (albeit minor) modifications provide a pleasant upgrade to a great car.

I haven't decided on an exhaust yet, as I want to select one that will have the sound, volume, and performance increases that I am looking for in a daily driver.

If you are on the fence regarding any of these mods, I say go ahead and make the jump.

Just a mild modder's experience and opinion.
      05-29-2009, 12:30 PM   #2
Finnegan
Dog Listener
United_States
Rep
Drives: Z4M/. Z3M, E36/46 M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Captain Slow View Post
I dipped my little tow into the world of modding.

I recently purchased and installed a MS filter, AA Pulley, and AA ECU tune. I installed each one seperately, as they all came at different times, but in the above order.

The MS filter provides a different and louder sound to the car above 4000 rpms. Don't have dyno numbers to compare, but the aural experience is definitely different.

The filter and pulley provides smoother acceleration in the mid and upper rpm ranges.

The filter, pulley, and ecu tune provides the smooth idle, even smoother and faster climbs up the rpm range. The car's acceleration feels for the lack of a more descriptive word slick. I am pleased with the feel. I have zero issues with the tuned ECU back in my car, the car started up the first time, with zero hesitation/hiccups. It started up the first time into the vey smooth idle; with zero error codes, and no strange noises that I was warned may take place. Props to AA, for quality parts & quick and responsive service. Unfortunately, I don't have dyno numbers, but do feel like these (albeit minor) modifications provide a pleasant upgrade to a great car.

I haven't decided on an exhaust yet, as I want to select one that will have the sound, volume, and performance increases that I am looking for in a daily driver.

If you are on the fence regarding any of these mods, I say go ahead and make the jump.

Just a mild modder's experience and opinion.
Thanks for the review!

Do you find you notice the extra weight of the vert less with these mods (clearly it's not going to affect cornering or braking...)?
Appreciate 0