BMW M3 Forum (E90 E92)

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   M3Post - BMW M3 Forum > M3 (E90 / E92 / E93) > New and Preowned M3 Pricing, Ordering, Tracking / European Delivery / Dealer Reviews

Mporium BMW

06-23-2009, 10:49 PM   #1
z4mber
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: BMW Z4 M Coupe

Do u think dealer in the bay area can do MSRP out the door? or even lower?

I am looking for a e90 m3.

Here are the options i am looking at:

Space Gray Metallic
Black Leather with black Titanium trim
Tech pkg
Cold pkg
Premium pkg
DCT/ or 6mt is fine, i probably go for a 6mt

62,475 MSRP
Appreciate 0
      06-23-2009, 10:52 PM   #2
imballin2day
Banned
United_States
Rep
Drives: M3 Dct Coupe

Is this on an ordered car or a car they have in stock. Your more likely to get msrp out the door on a car they have in stock. Imo I think its possible.
Appreciate 0
      06-23-2009, 11:07 PM   #3
z4mber
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by imballin2day View Post
Is this on an ordered car or a car they have in stock. Your more likely to get msrp out the door on a car they have in stock. Imo I think its possible.
i see, is it hard for the dealers to sell the sedans? or the sedans sell like crazy?
Appreciate 0
      06-23-2009, 11:52 PM   #4
Cab5er
Colonel
China
Rep
Drives: 09 E90 M3 (Sold) 13 A1

With tax at almost 10% I don't think it'll be possible because that means selling at thousands under MSRP. On an 08 if you can find one, but really doubt it for an 09. Won't hurt to try though. Good luck

E90 ///M3/ AW/ Fox Red
Appreciate 0
      06-23-2009, 11:52 PM   #5
imballin2day
Banned
United_States
Rep
Drives: M3 Dct Coupe

Quote:
Originally Posted by z4mber View Post
i see, is it hard for the dealers to sell the sedans? or the sedans sell like crazy?
Well the coupes sell best. Second is sedans and lastly are the verts. Dealers had MANY 08 sedans once the 09s came in. Thats when the best deals were given.
Appreciate 0
      06-24-2009, 12:37 AM   #6
SpencerM3
Sauce
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2009 SSII E90 M3

Quote:
The problem with Sedans is that there are NONE out there, which is weird. Yes Coupes sell much better than Sedans, but their is a demand for Sedans, so why are there so few out there?

I was at my local delaer the other day, and the SA told me that the Sedan they had on the lot (which was a dealer trade) was the first Sedan they've had in 6 months. This is an LA dealer too, where M3's are somewhat common place.
2009 E90 M3 | Silverstone II | Black Novillo | HRE P40's | Akrapovic Exhaust | Eibach Pro Kit | Jet Black Kidney Grilles | SSII Side Reflectors | SSII Side Gills | LUX H8 Angel Eyes | Macht Schnell Filter | Tecnocraft Envy Charge Pipe

"M3 drivers have no friends." - Jeremy Clarkson
Appreciate 0
      06-24-2009, 01:35 AM   #7
z4mber
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by SpencerM3 View Post
The problem with Sedans is that there are NONE out there, which is weird. Yes Coupes sell much better than Sedans, but their is a demand for Sedans, so why are there so few out there?

I was at my local delaer the other day, and the SA told me that the Sedan they had on the lot (which was a dealer trade) was the first Sedan they've had in 6 months. This is an LA dealer too, where M3's are somewhat common place.
I guess the demand for sedans is not as high as coupes then, since the dealer aren't getting that much sedans from overseas to sell for the US market.
Appreciate 0
      06-24-2009, 06:43 PM   #8
SpencerM3
Sauce
United_States
Rep

Quote:
I guess the demand for sedans is not as high as coupes then, since the dealer aren't getting that much sedans from overseas to sell for the US market.
You're right. I have no numbers to back this, but I'd say that 7 out of 10 M3's sold are Coupes. But the thing is there are people that want Sedans, why they are SO FAR AND FEW IN BETWEEN I just don't really get
2009 E90 M3 | Silverstone II | Black Novillo | HRE P40's | Akrapovic Exhaust | Eibach Pro Kit | Jet Black Kidney Grilles | SSII Side Reflectors | SSII Side Gills | LUX H8 Angel Eyes | Macht Schnell Filter | Tecnocraft Envy Charge Pipe

Appreciate 0
      06-24-2009, 09:11 PM   #9
M3luvr
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: 09 M3 E90 DCT Silverstone

Garage List
2009 E90 M3 DCT  [0.00]
Just got my E90 M3 DCT 2 weeks ago. No one here in Bay Area had any sedans with DCT and Prem/Tech package for a while, so when one became available, I just had to buy it. Of course you can have one built to order, but I wanted what's on the lot, so I can make a deal. One of the dealerships I contacted said that production of sedans are down. Alot of coupes and verts available so deals on those are also possible.
      06-24-2009, 10:08 PM   #10
z4mber
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by M3luvr View Post
Just got my E90 M3 DCT 2 weeks ago. No one here in Bay Area had any sedans with DCT and Prem/Tech package for a while, so when one became available, I just had to buy it. Of course you can have one built to order, but I wanted what's on the lot, so I can make a deal. One of the dealerships I contacted said that production of sedans are down. Alot of coupes and verts available so deals on those are also possible.
that sucks! do you mind telling me where did u get urs? weatherford? price and pptions?
Appreciate 0
      06-25-2009, 12:03 AM   #11
SpencerM3
Sauce
United_States
Rep

Berkley BMW had a nice Sedan a few weeks ago, not sure if it's still there or not.

Appreciate 0