BMW M3 Forum (E90 E92)

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   M3Post - BMW M3 Forum > E90/E92 M3 Technical Topics > Engine, Transmission, Exhaust, Drivetrain, ECU Software Modifications

Mporium BMW
View Poll Results: Which Exhaust?
Active Autowerke E92 M3 Signature Exhaust 24 35.29%
Eisenmann Sport 33 48.53%
Remus Sport 11 16.18%
Voters: 68. You may not vote on this poll

09-16-2009, 07:54 PM   #1
MaverickNemesis
Captain
Rep
Drives: Your Girl Crazy

Need Advice: Which Exhaust: AA, Eisenmann or Remus?

I like these 3 options Active Autowerke E9X M3 Signature Exhaust System, Eisenmann Sport and Remus Sport. Now I want to know which do you guys think is the best sounding, looking exhaust of the 3. If anyone can also input in the tone of each exhaust if they are loud enough to be heard within the car. What are the HP gains on Eisenmann Sport?

Active Autowerke E9X M3 Signature Exhaust System
Discussion Thread
Price: $2695
Exhaust Type: axle-back dual muffler
Construction: polished 100% 304 stainless steel
Installation: bolt-on
Weight: 41 lbs
Claimed Performance Gains: 12-15 HP ; up to 17+ HP (and 7+ Ft Lbs) with AA programmed software
Video: 1
Pictures:

Eisenmann Sport
Discussion Thread
Discussion Thread 2 (E90 LeMans Version)
Made in Germany
Price: $2839
Exhaust Type: axle-back dual muffler; 83mm tips
Construction: stainless steel
Installation: cut & weld replacement; connecting pipes available
Weight: 46 lbs
Claimed Performance Gains: backpressure reduction of 25% over OEM
Video: 1 2
Pictures:

Remus Sport
Discussion Thread
Made in Austria
Price: $1351
Exhaust Type: dual muffler
Construction: stainless steel
Weight: 44 lbs
Claimed Performance Gains: 10 CHP; backpressure reduction of 63% over OEM; TUV/EC approved
Speedtrap Video: 1
Video: 1 2 3
Pictures:
Appreciate 0
      09-16-2009, 07:58 PM   #2
Nawaaz
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: .

AA, since that was the runner-up before I chose the Gintani.

I think the Eisenmann Sport & Remus Sport may be too quiet.......For me at least.
Appreciate 0
      09-16-2009, 08:01 PM   #3
JCtx
Major General
Rep
Drives: No BMW yet

I can only help you with the looks department. Worst of those 3 is the Eisenmann IMO; as bad, or even worse than stock. Today saw a GMC Acadia, and they look just like those . And $3K+ for that abomination?
Next up is the AA, with those ugly 'tumors' VERY visible, but miles better looking than Eisenmann.
And the best looking of those 3 by far, and the winner in the looks department, is the Remus . And happens to be the cheapest as well. Your welcome .
Appreciate 0
      09-16-2009, 08:20 PM   #4
Brosef
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: F90 M5

beauty is in the eye/ear of the beholder, but I think the Eisenmann is both the best looking and sounding of the three. I really like the look of the lemans tips, and the sound is smooth as butter. The quality of the stainless is excellent too - even the insides of the tips seem to keep looking new after significant use. A bit too quiet for my taste (as are all three of these), but I think with a resonated x-pipe + HFC's it will sound badass when you get on it, and it won't drone in ordinary driving.

A close second is the Remus - love the rolled tips and smooth sound. Price is unmatched too. You would still need to find connecting pipes to avoid cutting stock exhaust (if that's important to you), but you've got some saved money to play with to make that happen if you opt for the Remus.

I've never heard the AA in person, but it doesn't sound enough like a V8 from the videos I've seen/heard. That's all I have to go off of though, so take that with a grain of salt.

There's no perfect exhaust, but those are three good choices. I don't think you could go wrong with any of them.
Appreciate 0
      09-16-2009, 08:25 PM   #5
J08M3
Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2011 M3 COUPE

I've had both the Eisenmann Sport and now the AA.... Both are good. AA has a more bassy sound at idle and more exotic sound at WOT. Eisenmann Sport is a very refined mellow sound, yet much more aggressive than OEM. I think both look good in person.
      09-16-2009, 08:25 PM   #6
KonigsTiger
Racying Dynamics
Rep
Drives: E92M3 RS46 Club Sport, others

You should also consider the drone on these. I think AA does not drone as much.
      09-16-2009, 08:27 PM   #7
J08M3
Major General
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by KonigsTiger View Post
You should also consider the drone on these. I think AA does not drone as much.
neither does the Eisenmann Sport.
      09-16-2009, 08:57 PM   #8
MaverickNemesis
Captain
Rep

which of these are straight bolt on with no modifications needed?
Appreciate 0
      09-16-2009, 10:11 PM   #9
john@wickedparts
United_States
Rep
Drives: Going round and round

They are all straight bolt on if you buy connecting pipes for the Remus and Eisenmann.
Appreciate 0
      09-16-2009, 10:12 PM   #10
Brosef
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by MaverickNemesis View Post
which of these are straight bolt on with no modifications needed?

The AA is straight bolt on. The Eisenmann is a bolt-on if you buy the connecting pipes.
Appreciate 0
      09-16-2009, 10:13 PM   #11
Ca$hOnly
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: E92 M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by elp_jc View Post
I can only help you with the looks department. Worst of those 3 is the Eisenmann IMO; as bad, or even worse than stock. Today saw a GMC Acadia, and they look just like those . And $3K+ for that abomination?
Next up is the AA, with those ugly 'tumors' VERY visible, but miles better looking than Eisenmann.
And the best looking of those 3 by far, and the winner in the looks department, is the Remus . And happens to be the cheapest as well. Your welcome .
+1

I'd vote for the Remus Sport. Eisenmann is big, bulky and ugly. Not feeling the "tumors" LOL, on the AA either.
      09-16-2009, 10:34 PM   #12
Crazy Bimmer
The Jesal
United_States
Rep
Drives: E90 M3

Garage List
2009 BMW M3  [0.00]
We offer all 3 and each one have been selling well. They also produce different sounds so its really depends what you are looking for. Cant really go wrong with any of them really.

Im slightly biased towards Eisenmann Sport. Its what I have on my M3 and like mentioned, beauty is the eye of the beholder. The music it makes is what makes me fall in love each time I drive it.
      09-16-2009, 11:09 PM   #13
MaverickNemesis
Captain
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jesal@Project 808 View Post
We offer all 3 and each one have been selling well. They also produce different sounds so its really depends what you are looking for. Cant really go wrong with any of them really.

Im slightly biased towards Eisenmann Sport. Its what I have on my M3 and like mentioned, beauty is the eye of the beholder. The music it makes is what makes me fall in love each time I drive it.
is the Eisenmann loud? I use to have a Mitsubishi Evolution and I had a nice tone to my exhaust but within the car it would get annoying sometimes and now I just want something with a deep tone thats not as loud within the car.
Appreciate 0
      09-16-2009, 11:14 PM   #14
MaverickNemesis
Captain
Rep

would these void the warranty?
Appreciate 0
      09-16-2009, 11:17 PM   #15
Crazy Bimmer
The Jesal
United_States
Rep
Drives: E90 M3

Garage List
2009 BMW M3  [0.00]
Its not loud at all but very noticeable over stock.

Can have conversations in the car with ease as well. My M3 is my daily driver so I also didnt want something that would be overbearing after a day at the office.
      09-16-2009, 11:19 PM   #16
TLud
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: '12 Golf R

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jesal@Project 808 View Post

Jesal, I'm going to have to put you on ignore. Every time I see your sig, it makes me think crazy thoughts.

Quote:
would these void the warranty?
No, it would be pretty hard for an axle-back exhaust to give you warranty issues.
      09-17-2009, 12:10 AM   #17
MaverickNemesis
Captain
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by J08M3 View Post
I've had both the Eisenmann Sport and now the AA.... Both are good. AA has a more bassy sound at idle and more exotic sound at WOT. Eisenmann Sport is a very refined mellow sound, yet much more aggressive than OEM. I think both look good in person.
which was louder between the 2? Did you hear it within the car while you were driving or idling?
Appreciate 0
      09-17-2009, 04:05 AM   #18
Nawaaz
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: .

Quote:
is the Eisenmann loud? I use to have a Mitsubishi Evolution and I had a nice tone to my exhaust but within the car it would get annoying sometimes and now I just want something with a deep tone thats not as loud within the car.
I used to have an Evo also. I went fully catless on it, w/titanium catback. I can't imagine going quiet ever again.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TLud View Post
Jesal, I'm going to have to put you on ignore. Every time I see your sig, it makes me think crazy thoughts.
As long as they aren't NASTY thoughts Tom... jk
Appreciate 0
      09-17-2009, 06:09 AM   #19
J08M3
Major General
United_States
Rep

Quote:
which was louder between the 2? Did you hear it within the car while you were driving or idling?
Yes, I've heard both from inside the car as they were installed on my car. I never had AA with stock x-pipe and cats, only with Fabspeed x-pipe and HFC. I did have Eisenmann Sport both with stock xpipe w/ cats, stock x-pipe w/ secondary cat delete, and w/ fabspeed x-pipe and HFC's. AA is louder than Eisenmann Sport when both are combined with xpipe and hfc's. I'm guessing it's probably slightly louder the Eisenmann when connected to stock exhaust system.
      09-17-2009, 08:24 AM   #20
Ben335
Captain
Rep
Drives: 09 M3 Finally here

Quote:
Yes, I've heard both from inside the car as they were installed on my car. I never had AA with stock x-pipe and cats, only with Fabspeed x-pipe and HFC. I did have Eisenmann Sport both with stock xpipe w/ cats, stock x-pipe w/ secondary cat delete, and w/ fabspeed x-pipe and HFC's. AA is louder than Eisenmann Sport when both are combined with xpipe and hfc's. I'm guessing it's probably slightly louder the Eisenmann when connected to stock exhaust system.
Have you heard a Eisenmann Race? Is the Sport teamed with Fabspeed Xpipe and HFC loder than a race or quiter?
      09-17-2009, 08:37 AM   #21
J08M3
Major General
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ben335 View Post
Have you heard a Eisenmann Race? Is the Sport teamed with Fabspeed Xpipe and HFC loder than a race or quiter?
I have not. But Sport with Fabspeed x-pipe and HFC is not loud. It's definitely louder than stock, but certainly fine for a daily driver.
      09-17-2009, 10:52 AM   #22
Brosef
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep

Quote:
I have not. But Sport with Fabspeed x-pipe and HFC is not loud. It's definitely louder than stock, but certainly fine for a daily driver.
I'm thinking of going with the Eisenmann Sport and Fabspeed resonated X + HFC's. Would you really say it's quiet? I'm looking for something loud, but with a good pure sound. Which do you think would pair with the fabspeed better - the Eis Sport or Race?
Appreciate 0