BMW M3 Forum (E90 E92)

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   M3Post - BMW M3 Forum > E90/E92 M3 Technical Topics > Engine, Transmission, Exhaust, Drivetrain, ECU Software Modifications

BPM

10-10-2009, 03:09 AM   #1
RGuard250
Titanium TCP
United_States
Rep
Drives: E92 M3

Eisenmann Race + Fabspeed or Akrapovic Evolution

I know there are tons of M3 owners out there with the Eisenmann race exhaust who have the same question I'm about to ask. Are there any owners of the race exhaust with the Fabspeed X-pipe w/HFC who have an in-cabin video of the setup with the windows up? I have feverishly looked on youtube and could not find a clip. I have had my Eisenmann Race for over a year and love it, sounds perfect. I don't want to sell it, but I want more power from an x-pipe but don't want the cabin noise to be uncomfortable. I do not care at all how it sounds from outside (even though it sounds pretty damn good from the youtube clips), all I care about is how it will sound from inside with the windows up. If any owners who have this setup can chime in, I would deeply appreciate it. If the setup is too loud, I will go with what I have saved up and pick up the Akrapovic full Ti setup. It gains almost the same amount of horsepower as the fabspeed, and sounds much more refined. I was considering going with Vanguard/Fabspeed, but I have Akrapovic on my motorcycles and the name is legendary.
Appreciate 0
      10-10-2009, 05:32 AM   #2
MrHarris
yodog
United_States
Rep
Drives: '86 Corolla

Garage List
2009 BMW  [10.00]
I'd pick between Akra or Eisen Sport + Fabspeed x-pipe.

I'm a bit scared of the Eisen race w/ xpipe

2009 E92 M3 | Alpine White | Black Extended | Advan RS | Turner Test Pipes | Dinan Axle-Back | OETuning | Eibach Springs | UUC SSK | VRS Front Lip | VRS Type I Diffuser | Matte Black | RPi Scoops | MS Filter | Yokohama AD08 | F1 Pinnacle
Special Thanks: Gintani | OETuning | eAs
Appreciate 0
      10-10-2009, 05:37 AM   #3
RGuard250
Titanium TCP
United_States
Rep
Drives: E92 M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrHarris View Post
I'd pick between Akra or Eisen Sport + Fabspeed x-pipe.

I'm a bit scared of the Eisen race w/ xpipe
I agree, the Eisenmann sport would be a great alternative. The youtube vids of the Race + Fabspeed sound great, but I can't base my purchase off of videos.
Appreciate 0
      10-10-2009, 11:00 AM   #4
PunjabiM3
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: M5 CS

Quote:
Originally Posted by RGuard250 View Post
I agree, the Eisenmann sport would be a great alternative. The youtube vids of the Race + Fabspeed sound great, but I can't base my purchase off of videos.
Take a flight out from Honolulu to Seattle and you can hear my car in person if it helps. I think you can get tickets for like $300 roundtrip or so. Just a thought lol.
2024 718 GT4 RS | Arctic Grey
Appreciate 0
      05-14-2010, 06:43 AM   #5
lambobambo
First Lieutenant
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: BMW M2 Comp

Does anyone have the Eisnemann Race with the Akrapovic xpipe?
Appreciate 0
      10-14-2010, 03:53 AM   #6
lambobambo
First Lieutenant
United Kingdom
Rep

anyone got this set up?
HRE P40 Wheels (20" Charcoal), BMW Performance ZCP Spoiler & Splitters, Eisenmann Race, BMW Performance Steering Wheel, Carbon Fibre Exterior Trim (Front & Side Grills), Eibach Pro Springs (Not yet fitted).
Appreciate 0
      10-14-2010, 05:49 AM   #7
ooowowizstev
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: '08 E92 M3

Garage List
2008 BMW E92 M3  [10.00]
I've heard the Eis Race with challenge xpipe. Crazy loud.
      10-14-2010, 08:17 AM   #8
erm324
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: F10 M5

Id be real cautious coupling a catless/nonresonated x-pipe with a race exhaust. Of all people, I absolutely love LOUD - so I decided to throw a catless Gintani x-pipe on my car (which already has a meisterschaft gt2 axle back), and goddamn. Sure, it sounds INSANE and makes you laugh as soon as it's on, but once you drive up the block you'll realize you just wasted 2 hours putting it on because it has to come off because that's how annoying it is. I couldn't even hear my brother talking in the passenger seat that's how obtrusive it was - I'm not saying that the eisenmann race will be that loud with an x-pipe, but I'm just giving you a heads-up that the YouTube videos of race exhausts with x-pipes don't do it justice (in a bad way), because they dont really portray how loud they can be (I just so happened to have the loudest axle back and x-pipe so icant speak for other set-ups)...I'm sure there are x-pipe:exhaust combos that are much more livable - but yeah id recommend keeping the resonators in there!
Appreciate 0
      10-14-2010, 11:27 AM   #9
GTM_Challenge
United_States
Rep
Drives: E46 M3, E90 M3

Guys with the Challenge X pipe with the Race exhaust and the AA exhaust both reported less drone at cruising speeds when compared to their stock one recently. Usally most guys like the aggressive sound when they are getting on it, but want the resonance to be mellow when crusising.
Appreciate 0
      10-14-2010, 11:59 AM   #10
EAS
BimmerPost Supporting Vendor
Rep

Drives: VF620 M3

The Akrapovic Evolution Titanium system is lightweight and sounds amazing, but the Eisenmann Race is also top notch. It really boils down to your exhaust note preference between the two, but I would personally go after the Akrapovic since it saves nearly 50lbs from OEM.

Akrapovic - Evolution Titanium Exhaust System for e9x M3

If you do decide to go with the Eisenmann Race, I'd pair it up with the Challenge Race X-Pipe and it'll sound amazing on the M3. The Challenge X-pipes are made with great attention to detail and has wonderful build quality!

Challenge - Stainless Steel X-Pipe Race (Catless) - e9x M3

Eisenmann - Performance Exhaust 4x83mm "Le Mans" - e9x M3

If you want something that is not as aggressive, you can go with a Sport X-pipe from challenge that has high flow cats, or the Street X-pipe that utilizes the OEM cats.
Appreciate 0
      11-05-2010, 04:58 PM   #11
lambobambo
First Lieutenant
United Kingdom
Rep

Did anyone every go with the Eisnenmann Race with Akra pipes?
HRE P40 Wheels (20" Charcoal), BMW Performance ZCP Spoiler & Splitters, Eisenmann Race, BMW Performance Steering Wheel, Carbon Fibre Exterior Trim (Front & Side Grills), Eibach Pro Springs (Not yet fitted).
Appreciate 0
      11-07-2010, 11:14 PM   #12
Ryan290
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: Jet black e92 m3

I have eis race with a custom x pipe that deleted the secondary cats and resonators. I think it's pretty similar to the fabspeed. Very deep growl down low, and high pitched up higher in the revs. However, it is VERY loud. I can't really comment on the drone because that kind of stuff has never really bothered me but I get nothing but compliments. It sounds like an absolute animal.
Appreciate 0
      11-08-2010, 12:11 AM   #13
DevJ
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: R8 V10+/YMB M4

Obviously didn't search hard enough.

http://www.bimmerpost.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=133578&d=1204654487[/IMG]
Appreciate 0
      11-10-2010, 09:03 PM   #14
thegeneral101
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: '15 Z06,'13 750Li,'11 Raptor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ryan290 View Post
I have eis race with a custom x pipe that deleted the secondary cats and resonators. I think it's pretty similar to the fabspeed. Very deep growl down low, and high pitched up higher in the revs. However, it is VERY loud. I can't really comment on the drone because that kind of stuff has never really bothered me but I get nothing but compliments. It sounds like an absolute animal.
i see you're in miami....are you coming to the meet this weekend? If so I would love to hear it. I have eis race everything else stock
      11-11-2010, 02:54 PM   #15
Ryan290
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: Jet black e92 m3

What meet? I might be able to stop by.
Appreciate 0
      12-01-2010, 09:22 PM   #16
gixxer_kidd
Major
Rep
Drives: e92 m3

Garage List
2008 m3  [10.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ryan290 View Post
Sent you a PM. How much louder did it get with the xpipe?
Appreciate 0
      12-01-2010, 11:41 PM   #17
kitw
Colonel
Rep
Drives: F91 M8, 991.2 GT3

I had a Vanguard that went from almost inaudible to a bit overly loud when I put on a Fabspeed x pipe, with the stock cats.

I really think that you're going to find a race exhaust too loud with any cat deletes.

On the other hand, the Akrapovic is almost a bit too quiet. Hard to find a good balance. I think that volume and tone wise, the Corsa has been my favorite, but it was DEAD LAST in terms of looks.

I've had :

- Magnaflow
- UUC Corsa
- AE Performance
- Vanguard
- Vanguard w/ fabspeed x pipe
- Akrapovic slip on w/ fabspeed x pipe
- Akrapovic Evolution (sitting in my garage)

The Magnaflow droned the most, followed by the AE, and then the Vanguard with fabspeed x-pipe. (although it had a very different tone) The Akrapovic slip on is the quietest, followed by the Akrapovic with fabspeed x-pipe (which is about the same as the Vanguard alone).

-kit, who has had too many exhaust setups
Appreciate 0
      12-02-2010, 07:09 AM   #18
gixxer_kidd
Major
Rep
Drives: e92 m3

Garage List
2008 m3  [10.00]
kit, thanks for sharing. that's a lot of setups! hope the evolution is the one for you.
Appreciate 0
      12-02-2010, 07:14 AM   #19
HellaFunctional
First Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 911S

akra gt4?
Appreciate 0
      12-02-2010, 08:22 AM   #20
Nate@IND
BimmerPost Supporting Vendor
Rep

Drives: BMW

I have heard pretty much every setup on the market and the best combo that I have heard in person to date is an Eisenmann Sport performance with an Akrapovic X-pipe
      12-02-2010, 11:41 AM   #21
Omerta
rev limiter abuser
United_States
Rep
Drives: '11 E90 M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by kitw View Post
I had a Vanguard that went from almost inaudible to a bit overly loud when I put on a Fabspeed x pipe, with the stock cats.

I really think that you're going to find a race exhaust too loud with any cat deletes.

On the other hand, the Akrapovic is almost a bit too quiet. Hard to find a good balance. I think that volume and tone wise, the Corsa has been my favorite, but it was DEAD LAST in terms of looks.

I've had :

- Magnaflow
- UUC Corsa
- AE Performance
- Vanguard
- Vanguard w/ fabspeed x pipe
- Akrapovic slip on w/ fabspeed x pipe
- Akrapovic Evolution (sitting in my garage)

The Magnaflow droned the most, followed by the AE, and then the Vanguard with fabspeed x-pipe. (although it had a very different tone) The Akrapovic slip on is the quietest, followed by the Akrapovic with fabspeed x-pipe (which is about the same as the Vanguard alone).

-kit, who has had too many exhaust setups
What was the difference between the Evo and the fabspeed setup?

I came across this and I was never a fan of the Dinan note but with this x pipe it is, well........
[u2b]<object width="640" height="390"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/J9u6jI3lRCw&hl=en_US&feature=player_embedded&versi on=3"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowScriptAccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/J9u6jI3lRCw&hl=en_US&feature=player_embedded&versi on=3" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowfullscreen="true" allowScriptAccess="always" width="640" height="390"></embed></object>[/u2b]
Appreciate 0
      12-02-2010, 11:58 AM   #22
kitw
Colonel
Rep
Drives: F91 M8, 991.2 GT3

I haven't put on the full evolution system. Waiting to get my car back from Dinan.
Appreciate 0