BMW 1 Series Coupe Forum / 1 Series Convertible Forum (1M / tii / 135i / 128i / Coupe / Cabrio / Hatchback) (BMW E82 E88 128i 130i 135i)

11-21-2009, 01:05 AM   #1
FactoryFast
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2009 BMW 135i ///M Dinan S2;)

Week 4 Review and I did the Dinan S2 Flash this afternoon...

First off guys, thanks for all the info on this forum. I have a 2009 135i M sport with the steptronz. Ive been driving the car for a few weeks and placed a lil moAr than 3000 miles on the car thus far.

BMWs are awesome machines. Awesome product. I love the confidence inspiring feeling it gives me. The attention to the details and thought into design are wonderfully refreshing coming out of a GM.

I horribly regret not having the Nav. Ive been using the Verizon VZ Navigator and its OK with the Samsung Omnia. Accepting phone calls on the bluetooth has me in the dark while the Nav is also in use, but both programs are stable and im sure theres a way to switch back and forth while on a call, I just gotta play a bit more. The bluetooth can be laggy but its still a great feature.

I have an M Sport with the steptronic. What a smooth trans and the 3 shift modes are wonderfully characteristic of one another. The interior is a little tight compared to an ///M5 obviously lol, but spending 2 hours a day commuting in this baby has been absolutely painless. Love the seats. Love the ///M steering wheel.

Had an issue only when the D/S window was all the way down...I couldn't get out of the vehicle. Pull that handle all you want, nada. Trapped. Once I put the window up just a smidge up, then i could get out. It was a hung-up cable. The car was an executive demo, female sales lady, she had been picking at the steering wheel and I had some peeling. Im getting that warrantied. I received a disgusting loaner when i dropped it off though, just filthy. I brought it back the next day so I have to go back for the steering wheel repair. I also brought it in for the D/S door seal making excessive noise from 80 to 160mph.

Im sure some can relate, it was a burning feelin from deep within that I didnt get an ///M this time around. Sure my car payment is actually lower than my last car and im still rockin a fresh BMW, so really cant complain right???

Wrong.

I had the CTS V and a VFE Stage IV VW R32 prior to this badass so you can imagine I was on top of my 135i software options. Any Twin Turbo engine in my opinion is just begging for some good software.

So I canceled my 100K warranty and dropped $2300 on the Dinan S2 file today. The car sounded like it had a cam in it when they first fired it up. I could have used a xanax when I heard it. I expect perfection for the money I was spending. They needed to reset something with the throttle body position calibration and then it was mint. They told me it happened once before with another customer and it will never happen again. :fingerscrossed:

This tune is Wow. Steven Dinan knows what hes doing. This car now has moAr torque than any car Ive ever owned. Its also gotta be the lightest car ive ever owned too. The car runs great and feels great with the Dinan software, I havent found any flat spots in the tune and it pulls incredibly hard with superhero like acceleration. There is no sputtering or hesitations. Its just remarkably smooth, like a BMW should be. I cant wait to get more time behind the wheel.

I really hope this is a 12 second car now. It was a primary goal for my car aquisition this time around. I dont care if it will run a 12.999999, my goal will have been achieved and ill leave it alone.

I am disappointed where I wish I could hear the turbos spool more. Supposedly there is an intake coming out so maybe ill do that. I also conceed, $2300 is ludacris for a tune. However, I had the money. Also, if it never gives me an issue and keeps me satisfied like I am now for the duration of my ownership, than it will have been worth every single penny.

Im very very happy to have a proper car out in the driveway. I really feel like I have a proper tune for once. Its a great feeling. Cant wait to run my buddies 04 Z06...should be a good one.

Last edited by FactoryFast; 11-21-2009 at 08:55 AM..
Appreciate 0
      11-21-2009, 09:23 AM   #2
crex
Captain
Rep
Drives: bmw 135i, Jeep wrangler

OH so tempting! I want
Appreciate 0
      11-21-2009, 06:30 PM   #3
bbadillo
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 09 Black 135i, JB+

Dude, you should have saved the cash, got a JB3, and a bavarian cable, and would have cash for more mods. But glad you like it, the car feels great with chip tunes. Just gonna need new tires, my stock tires can barely hold @ 4500 rpm
Appreciate 0
      11-21-2009, 09:23 PM   #4
Hind
///Mmmm
United_States
Rep
Drives: '09 BMW 135i

Garage List
Thats cool, nice write up. I didnt know you could refund off car purchases. I bought the tire warranty, regret that. I received my car in AUG, can I get my money back?
PDC Flickr YouTube
Appreciate 0
      11-21-2009, 11:11 PM   #5
FactoryFast
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep

I paid $1850 for the extended warranty. The monies go to the lienholder, which is BMW, who puts it on the end of the loan. So im in for like 5x months instead of 60. It will only help the debt to credit ratio, unfortunately you do not get a check in the mail. You have to cancel within 60 days for a full refund and after that they being to pro rate it.

I also have the rim/tire warranty and for $1250 I was thinking it may come in handy. Now im thinking ill just buy another set of rims. Its not a BMW warranty so maybe I can cancel it and get a check. Ill call on Monday. I have a good chance since im still within 30 days...
Appreciate 0
      11-23-2009, 08:13 AM   #6
Luvmybmw
One Fast 1
United_States
Rep
Drives: '08 AW e82

Quote:
Originally Posted by bbadillo View Post
Dude, you should have saved the cash, got a JB3, and a bavarian cable, and would have cash for more mods. But glad you like it, the car feels great with chip tunes. Just gonna need new tires, my stock tires can barely hold @ 4500 rpm
      11-23-2009, 11:36 PM   #7
FactoryFast
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Luvmybmw View Post
After watching the Vishnu Install video I developed serious reservations about jamming extra equipment in the ECU box. With all those extra wires in there, and the stock wires out of thier designed resting place, it just seems like a breeding ground for electrical gremlins. Wether or not its happened yet is irrellevant, the potential is there.

So long as I hit 12.x in the 1/4 ill be happy with the power output. Ill be trying to hear those twins a little more with a Dinan intake which is soon to be released. Other than that, im hopefully all set for power mods in this car.

Im not putting down the JB setups, obviously they are making good power with all those time slips put up on dragtimes.com. However, just like my VFE Stage I, you must beware the unicorn...

I had a bad experience with VFE and because of that, going forward, I vowed only to buy fast cars out of the box...unfortunately, BMW didnt want to start me at the top (///M), so here I am.
Dinan gave me a warranty for about as long as I plan on owning the car (50-60K) and thats why I spent the extra grand...im covered in case something catastrophic happens.
Appreciate 0
      11-24-2009, 10:49 PM   #8
rodi
. . .
Rep
Drives: your FACE!

enjoy!
but do yourself a favor- get some real tires and suspension mods so you can really enjoy the power.

Appreciate 0
      11-24-2009, 11:36 PM   #9
FactoryFast
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep

IMO, the tires feel good and the suspension feels a little skittish around turns.

With a 140 treadwear im sure ill be needing tires in no time. My winter tires will be Nokian WRG2s (Had them on the CTS V and they were great) and for the summer I would love to put on the Falken Azenis RT615. Of course those selections are pending fitment research.

As far as the suspension is concerned, im not sure if anyone can get rid of that skittish feeling around turns...to me it feels like the weight of the vehicle is causing that. If KW makes a suspension for this vehicle, and I can get a ride in it before I drop the knot, then ill consider it down the road.

I have been driving this car very hard and it feels great. Im not sure it needs anything else than what ive got. The Dinan S2 software woke up the turbos perfectly. I need more noise but i figured out I need an intake to get the noises im looking for. The tires hold very well and im hitting turns at speeds I only took my R32 at. So far I am very happy with the car.

The company...thats another story...
Appreciate 0
      11-24-2009, 11:37 PM   #10
BrokenVert
Resident Kerbalnaut
United_States
Rep
Drives: Topless Brute/Hybrid Boogaloo

Jealous of your car man. Love to see the thing in person at the next meet. Whenever I get the money together, im thinking about doing a full Dinan flash, love to see how it acts with the step.

Appreciate 0