ZPOST
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   ZPOST > BMW Z4 Roadster and Coupe > General BMW Z4 Forum
  TireRack

SUPPORT ZPOST BY DOING YOUR TIRERACK SHOPPING FROM THIS BANNER, THANKS!

12-27-2009, 10:56 AM   #1
golf4dj
Rep
Drives: 2011 E93 and 2015 F15

Samsung Highlight - Won't pair?

Is there anyone who currently has a Samsung highlight or similar model paired with you Z bluetooth module?

I recently replaced my Moto RAZR with the Samsung Highlight. I tried to pair it with my 06 SI and while my phone found the BMW module it would not connect. I never got to the point where I could enter the pass code.

Any ideas or suggestions?

Thanks,
DJ
Appreciate 0
      12-27-2009, 09:51 PM   #2
golf4dj
Rep

I probably should have asked this question with my last post as well.

Can those with Tmobile chime in with what phone they have been able to pair with their Z4. Not a big blackberry fan but I understand that at least of few of their newer models do seem to pair OK. Are there other options available in the newer generation phones.

Thanks in advance,
DJ
Appreciate 0
      12-29-2009, 09:37 PM   #3
rps
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2013 X1

I don't have T Mobile but I have found that sometimes it takes multiple attempts to get a cell phone to pair with the car. I have had three iPhones, a 3g and 2 3gs and each one of them took multiple attempts just to finally get to the pairing prompt on the phone. Even after entering the cars 4 digit code it refused to pair. I have had to turn off the car several times and turned off the radio several times before I finally got the pairing process to succeed. The final time, it took quite a while for the code prompt screen to show up, but it finally did. As someone once said, if at first you don't succeed try, try again.
      12-30-2009, 09:09 AM   #4
Huz-Z
Brigadier General
Canada
Rep
Drives: Z4 3.0si, 328 XDrive, X5 35i

I have a Samsung A920 and it paired up perfectly with my Z4.

Try with the radio OFF and press the R/T button on the steering wheel to see if that kick starts the process!

BMW Z4 3.0si Roadster. Montego Blue Metallic. Premium and Sport Package.
Appreciate 0
      12-30-2009, 11:15 PM   #5
golf4dj
Rep

Thanks for the reply's. I have not had any luck yet with the Z. However, I have a 2001 740IL which I retro fitted with the BMW bluetooth module. Can't remember exactly which generation but I know it pre-dates the module in the Z4. I removed my Motorola Razr from that modules memory and I was able to get the bluetooth to activate (no downloads of contacts though).

The frustrating part is that the phone cycles back and forth randomly indicating that it has lost connection and then regained connection. Seems to continue to hold the call but it is annoying to say the least.

I will continue to tweek over the next day or so and try a couple more times with the Z4. If this doesn't work, it is likely a deal breaker for me and I will have to return the phone and look elsewhere.
Appreciate 0