BMW M3 Forum (E90 E92)

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   M3Post - BMW M3 Forum > M3 (E90 / E92 / E93) > General M3 Forum (E90 + E92 + E93)

European Auto Source (EAS)

01-09-2010, 04:15 PM   #1
CATCH_M3
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2008 BMW M3

Car had an egg Thrown At It

...So I was at a local university residence hall (University of Western Ontario) just dropping friends off and some (most probably) drunk students decide to randomly drop an egg and large yogurt container from one of the floors above me. I hear a bit of a 'pop' on my driver side and then see an egg splatter on my windshield.

I drive to park @ the parking spaces and my friends go in to get one of the res authorities to help out. Because it is 'frost week' (first week back after the winter holiday) at the university, I cannot get signed into the residence to cause the hell I wanted. (The friends were some girls so obv. they wouldn't go in and lay an ass beating.)

I race to the car wash since I have heard so many horror stories of egg eating through clear coat. I went to one of the bays; inspected for damage and then spray off the car (spraying of the car probably occurred 1-1.5 hours after the egg dropping on my car. I can't really see any damage other than a small chip on my hood (which could admittedly be just a small rock chip). It was about midnight when the egging occured (so no sunlight) and -10C degrees outside. (could it have done clearcoat damage still?)

What else should I do about this?! I was thinking about calling the university on Monday but since I can't definitively prove who did it, or even which EXACT window they were thrown from was thinking its just a waste of time.. I wish it wasn't frost week... I grabbed some 'equipment' from my trunk and was ready to go in and cause hell too!!!
Appreciate 0
      01-09-2010, 04:16 PM   #2
smmmurf
Colonel
Rep
Drives: E92 M3 DCT 353k+ miles

I doubt you will be able to figure out who did it. Unless you know which window it came out of, let it go. It's probably too late and there is no more evidence to prove anything. I'm on my fourth year of living on a college campus. People think they can get away with anything. Unfortunately, most of the time, they can. It takes going to the hospital or them getting mugged/sexually assaulted/getting arrested for kids to understand they are not invincible.
Appreciate 0
      01-09-2010, 07:33 PM   #3
TotalPower
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2011 335is Vert AW

This happened to me while driving down a road at night...fucking teenage punks egg'd the car. By the time I turned around, they went down and hid in the cul de sac....washed car off with water that night, soap and water in the morning...paint is OK
Appreciate 0
      01-09-2010, 07:34 PM   #4
bobbyd1961
Banned
Rep
Drives: 2009 M3 sedan LeMans Blue

Quote:
Originally Posted by CATCH_M3 View Post
...So I was at a local university residence hall (University of Western Ontario) just dropping friends off and some (most probably) drunk students decide to randomly drop an egg and large yogurt container from one of the floors above me. I hear a bit of a 'pop' on my driver side and then see an egg splatter on my windshield.

I drive to park @ the parking spaces and my friends go in to get one of the res authorities to help out. Because it is 'frost week' (first week back after the winter holiday) at the university, I cannot get signed into the residence to cause the hell I wanted. (The friends were some girls so obv. they wouldn't go in and lay an ass beating.)

I race to the car wash since I have heard so many horror stories of egg eating through clear coat. I went to one of the bays; inspected for damage and then spray off the car (spraying of the car probably occurred 1-1.5 hours after the egg dropping on my car. I can't really see any damage other than a small chip on my hood (which could admittedly be just a small rock chip). It was about midnight when the egging occured (so no sunlight) and -10C degrees outside. (could it have done clearcoat damage still?)

What else should I do about this?! I was thinking about calling the university on Monday but since I can't definitively prove who did it, or even which EXACT window they were thrown from was thinking its just a waste of time.. I wish it wasn't frost week... I grabbed some 'equipment' from my trunk and was ready to go in and cause hell too!!!
good school for wind tunnel tests
Appreciate 0
      01-09-2010, 07:40 PM   #5
Nawaaz
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: .

That's no good!

You did all you could man. I would let it go from here.

Forgive and forget. That's the best thing to do right now.
Appreciate 0
      01-09-2010, 07:42 PM   #6
jeff@autocouture
BimmerPost Supporting Vendor
Rep

Drives: 2002 E53 X5 4.6is

people are stupid
Appreciate 0
      01-09-2010, 09:20 PM   #7
M3twins
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2009 Le Mans Blue E92 M3 DCT

If there was clearcoat damage it would be pretty obvious.. At night and at that temp, I'm sure there wasn't. I'd keep a couple of coats of a good acrylic (or similar) sealant on the car in the future and you'll buy yourself a little more time and less worry if it happens again.
Appreciate 0
      01-09-2010, 09:29 PM   #8
CATCH_M3
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2008 BMW M3

thanks all!
Ya my main worry was that there was some on my hood while i was driving (spiritedly) to the bay to get it off (which got hot). And i spent a good half hour looking over everything before washing (since there was yogurt all over the passenger side as well.)
Appreciate 0