BMW 1 Series Coupe Forum / 1 Series Convertible Forum (1M / tii / 135i / 128i / Coupe / Cabrio / Hatchback) (BMW E82 E88 128i 130i 135i)

02-27-2010, 09:49 AM   #1
maddad
First Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2009 135i

MadDad Whisper Exhaust System

I realize I never cross posted this clip over here. This is a nice extended 6.5 minute clip that will give you the full flavor of what a MadDad Whisper Downpipe back exhaust sounds like. The Whisper axleback section has been available since last April, but the new MadDad midpipe just started shipping this past week. The clip you hear is the full downpipe back setup which replaces the entire factory midpipe and axleback. This is a complete system with an emphasis on a high degree of refinement inside the cabin. The parts are specifically engineered to mitigate drone. When I say engineered I mean 3 different axleback variations were made and 2 midpipes prior to product release to ensure the sound was tuned exactly. I know of no other brand that has had such a documented built up on their parts in a specific efforts to combat drone from the onset. I would venture to say there isn't another system on the market that has dealt with drone better than a Whisper series. This isn't just my opinion..here are the exact words for the first customer to install his system:
Quote:
"The sound is just what I wanted, and exactly how it has been described thus far. Its a bit louder than stock (but not too loud), just better sound character. And ZERO drone. I took it on a 100 mile highway drive back to my town, running it through all gears and various RPMs. There was no gear or RPM level (that I have found) where there was drone or any other type of strange noise. Its perfect so far. I think you guys are gonna love it!?
Our product thread is over here: http://www.1addicts.com/forums/showthread.php?t=307003

Here is the clip, enjoy:
      02-27-2010, 04:20 PM   #2
natrotciv
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives:

sounds beautiful, im loving the back fires
Appreciate 0
      02-27-2010, 11:43 PM   #3
MadMan77
↓↓↓ Ex-Con ↓↓↓
Guam
Rep
Drives: Jet Black '08 135i

Yup... sounds like mine and they are not backfires there natrotciv; the proper term is "burbling"... lol

On a side note I still cannot wait to hear the new mid-pipes with the whisper