BMW M3 Forum (E90 E92)

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   M3Post - BMW M3 Forum > E90/E92 M3 Technical Topics > Wash, Wax, Detail, Cosmetic Maintenance & Repairs

European Auto Source (EAS)

03-25-2010, 11:00 PM   #1
Definitive
definitivecars.com
United_States
Rep
Drives: Elsa - 2015 F80 M3 - YMB/SS

Garage List
Anyone have experience with Griots Kits???

Hello guys,

So prepping for my new car delivery!!! Want to get all set up with some new wash/dry/detail stuff.

My first thought is to go to pep boys and just pick out some different stuff. Then I saw the Griots catalog at my dads house, and saw the kits they have. Started thinking that it may be a lot easier to just get a starter kit or whatnot.
Care Care Kits

Have any of you guys used their products?

D
Appreciate 0
      03-26-2010, 02:22 AM   #2
BMRLVR
Grease Monkey
Canada
Rep
Drives: 2011 E90 M3,1994 Euro E36 M3/4

Quote:
Originally Posted by Definitive View Post
Hello guys,

So prepping for my new car delivery!!! Want to get all set up with some new wash/dry/detail stuff.

My first thought is to go to pep boys and just pick out some different stuff. Then I saw the Griots catalog at my dads house, and saw the kits they have. Started thinking that it may be a lot easier to just get a starter kit or whatnot.
Care Care Kits

Have any of you guys used their products?

D
Griots makes some good products however there is no one company that makes the best of everything. I suggest that you try looking on www.detailersdomain.com and order up the stuff you want/need. They have a great selection, shipping is extremely quick and if you enter BMW as a coupon code you get a 10% discount for being a member of the forums!
      03-26-2010, 09:55 AM   #3
Definitive
definitivecars.com
United_States
Rep

Garage List
Hmm, that stuff looks kinda expensive compared to the Griots. I like their the Griots wash bucket a lot, and for the general stuff in the kit I was looking at the price seemed very reasonable.

Anyone else ever try their stuff, or know about it? Or is BMRLVR right and I should not get a kit by one company?

D
Appreciate 0
      03-26-2010, 11:32 AM   #4
Georgeair
Captain
Rep
Drives: '08 Melbourne E92 M3

I've had great experiences with their Machine polish (1, 2 & 3, as needed), spray detailer and Best of Show wax, as well as their applicator pads for the RO buffer. Used them with excellent results and durability on several cars that were still eye-poppingly fresh when sold at 150K+ miles.

That said, after getting the M3 last spring I picked up some goodies from Chemical Guys after seeing them over the years and here, with a great reputation. Still used the Griot's polish, but followed with CG's Jetseal and a couple coats of 5050 wax with simply stunning results. I've gotten a few more things from them since, and been pleased, althought shipping is much slower than I'm used to these days. I would rate them above Griots, and will be sticking with their stuff going forward for my cars and time. They are more expensive, but not insanely so.

Griots service, BTW, is virtually unbeatable.
Appreciate 0
      03-26-2010, 05:25 PM   #5
gthberg
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: e90 M3 IB/FR

Garage List
1987 BMW M6  [9.75]
2009 e90 M3  [0.00]
A couple links below to other posts about Griot's. As for their products, I have used their Clay bar, Machine Polishes 2-4, Paint Sealant, Best of Show Wax, Speed Shine, and all their micro-fiber cloths. I also use the Griot's Random Orbital, and couldn't be happier with their products. They sell great products for a great price. I'll also second what Georgeair said about fantastic customer service. I definitely drink the Griot's Kool-aid. Just be careful, you'll drop a mint before you realize it.... Cheers!

http://bmwcca.org/gallery/showphoto....5&ppuser=65839

http://www.m3post.com/forums/showthread.php?t=343996
      03-26-2010, 06:27 PM   #6
Definitive
definitivecars.com
United_States
Rep

Garage List
Thanks a a lot guys! Im buying the weekend spa kit!!!

D
Appreciate 0
      04-02-2010, 07:23 PM   #7
Montoya
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2015 GT3

I use a lot of Griots stuff, including orbital, wash, bucket, towels etc. My only comment is with my IB paint, I was having issues getting the finish right with the Griot's polishes. Even went to Griot's in Tacoma, still couldn't quite get it. I tried Menzerna polishes from Detailer's Domain (with help from this forum) and the stuff just worked better. Still not perfect, but close.

Of course YMMV...

'08 E92 IB, Gone
'10 GT3 now in my garage!
'10 X5 3.5D
'12 E91 Xi Wagon MT sports package
Appreciate 0
      04-04-2010, 11:53 AM   #8
Zed
Replicant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2009 M3 E90 DCT

I've been very happy with the results on my Jerez M3 with chemical guys products.
http://www.chemicalguys.com/

I prefer griots speed shine however.
Appreciate 0