BMW 1 Series Coupe Forum / 1 Series Convertible Forum (1M / tii / 135i / 128i / Coupe / Cabrio / Hatchback) (BMW E82 E88 128i 130i 135i)

03-29-2010, 01:36 PM   #1
Mike@N54Tuning.com
Joint Chiefs of Staff
Canada
Rep
Drives: 2007 335i, 2015 M3

JB3 Custom Map Settings!

I have pulled a chart for you guys so you can see what the various maps that are programmed into the JB3 mean in terms of the custom mapping. Sorta like a template to help build your own maps if you are so inclined.

Mike

Attached Images

Appreciate 0
      03-29-2010, 06:27 PM   #2
Irishace
ElevenPointFive
Canada
Rep
Drives: E90 335

Awesome thanks Mike, can't wait till you install my data cable so I can have some fun! Perhaps you could go into detail what each of the column headings do for adjusting performance. Although they seem pretty intuitive, I would love to see any additional information to assist those of us who are less technically inclined.
      04-03-2010, 01:30 PM   #3
Gogud
Private
Rep
Drives:

Mike, I have looked at the chart a couple of times and am not sure I understand what the numbers (specifically HP and Torque) represent. Do they correspond to actual increases each map is designed to yield, or are they programming codes referring to a set of related parameters? I suspect the latter, as for example, an increase of 23hp on map 3 does not match the advertised claims of 60+hp. Also, rather than simply switching to stock mapping, is there a map specifically designed for maximum mileage for use in a situation where there will be long distance driving in slow, heavy traffic?
Appreciate 0
      04-10-2010, 01:07 PM   #4
romak47
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: like a bat out of hell

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gogud View Post
Mike, I have looked at the chart a couple of times and am not sure I understand what the numbers (specifically HP and Torque) represent. Do they correspond to actual increases each map is designed to yield, or are they programming codes referring to a set of related parameters? I suspect the latter, as for example, an increase of 23hp on map 3 does not match the advertised claims of 60+hp. Also, rather than simply switching to stock mapping, is there a map specifically designed for maximum mileage for use in a situation where there will be long distance driving in slow, heavy traffic?
curious to know that stuff too.
Appreciate 0
      04-10-2010, 03:03 PM   #5
Mike@N54Tuning.com
Joint Chiefs of Staff
Canada
Rep
Drives: 2007 335i, 2015 M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gogud View Post
HP and torque are used to shape the boost curve and have nothing to do with actual horsepower and torque numbers.

Mike
Appreciate 0
      04-10-2010, 07:08 PM   #6
M3Newbie88
Brigadier General
Canada
Rep
Drives: E92 M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike@N54Tuning.com View Post
HP and torque are used to shape the boost curve and have nothing to do with actual horsepower and torque numbers.

Mike
Mike,

Maybe if you can also state which map is recommended with what type of gas octane and mod so people do not attempt to go with map 7 without specific mods and octance gas...
Appreciate 0