BMW 1 Series Coupe Forum / 1 Series Convertible Forum (1M / tii / 135i / 128i / Coupe / Cabrio / Hatchback) (BMW E82 E88 128i 130i 135i)

05-18-2010, 01:22 PM   #1
brandon @ eas
United_States
Rep
Drives: F30 335i

▀▄ eas | Evolution Racewerks - Front End Wide Body Kit - e82 1-Series

We are proud to introduce the new Evolution Racewerks Front End (FE) Widebody Kit for the 2008+ BMW 1 Series Coupe (135i and 128i). The aggressive wide stance yet subtle lines will definitely turn heads! It's functional purpose will increase the handling potential of your car exponentially. This is how the 1 series should have came from the factory!

To solve the handling issues with the 1 series, the Evolution Racewerks FE Widebody Kit was created. We wanted the FE Widebody Kit to be aggressive yet subtle by following the styling lines laid out by BMW designers yet would allow us to run a 10" wheel in the front and therefore a 285 wide tires as well. Since the factory wheels were 7.5" and we wanted to run a 10" wheel, we increased the front fenders 2.5" (for a total of 5" increased width or track). This allowed us to comfortably fit the 10" wheel and not have clearance problems. With the front and rear wheels squared up, running both 10" wide wheels front and rear with 285/30/18 Yokohama Advan Neova AD08 tires all around, the car exhibits a neutral handling characteristics in turns, the idea situation! Understeer has been virtually eliminated and rapid oversteer not an issue. With the basic traction issues resolved, we can now focus on suspension tuning. Suspension (shock/spring stiffness), alignment and sway bar changes are now more responsive and predictable. Now, efforts in improving handling show their true potential. With the changes in the wheel/tires that the FE Widebody Kit allows us to do, the car has completely transformed into a beast!

Many steps were taken to ensure that fitment on our FE Widebody Kit is top notch. After the prototype FE Widebody was built, we built a fixture behind each part while they were on the car. This fixture became the skeleton of the prototype FE Widebody Kit while it was off the car. This prevented the prototype body panels from twisting or shifting while the molds were made. This ensures that the mold is an exact inprint of the prototype parts as they sit on the car and that all duplicate parts thereafter are exactly like the prototype. We utilize a compression type plug mold when building the FE Widebody Kit. The compression plug mold helps improve duplication as it prevents warpage or lifting in the mold. Another added benefit is a smooth finish on both the inside and outside of the part.

The FE Widebody Kit is available in 3 different composites. The Fiberglass Reinforced Plastic (FRP) is the most economical of all the versions. It has a gel coated and then preprimered for paint. Next up is the wet carbon fiber which traditionally is the process which all carbon fiber hoods and body kits are built. It is produced the same way as FRP except with carbon fiber sheets instead of fiberglass sheets. It is slightly lighter than the FRP. It comes gloss clear coated to show off the exposed carbon fiber weaves. Last, is our dry vacuum carbon fiber, which is lighter and stronger than the traditional wet carbon fiber. Resin is used to glue the layers of composite together and is heavy and brittle. The part is put into vacuum which pulls all the excess resin from the part. This allows the bare minimum of resin needed, make thing part super lightweight and strong.

Evolution Racewerks - Front End Wide Body Kit - e82 1-Series

Send me a PM if you have any questions, or feel free to give us a call!

Last edited by brandon @ eas; 05-18-2010 at 02:15 PM..
Appreciate 0
      05-18-2010, 05:44 PM   #2
brandon @ eas
United_States
Rep
Drives: F30 335i

Here is a shot of the fiberglass kit:

Appreciate 0
      05-26-2010, 12:22 PM   #3
david @ eas
United_States
Rep
Drives: BMW

All PM's have been replied to! Thanks for the inquiries guys
Appreciate 0
      06-30-2010, 05:47 PM   #4
EAS
Rep
Drives: VF620 M3

Thanks for the orders! PM me if you have any questions about this wide body kit
Appreciate 0
      06-30-2010, 05:54 PM   #5
MarcusDubya77
Private First Class
Japan
Rep
Drives: 93 WRX;98 Forrester;05 LGT

So what about a wider fender kit for the rear? I know it sounds a little akward, but is it possible, or in development?
      09-02-2010, 04:11 PM   #6
Dmacc
Colonel
Rep
Drives: 2011 BMW 1M

Quote:
Originally Posted by MarcusDubya77 View Post
So what about a wider fender kit for the rear? I know it sounds a little akward, but is it possible, or in development?
+100000
Appreciate 0
      09-03-2010, 08:03 AM   #7
onefastman
Major General
Rep
Drives: 2009 135i 2011 e92m dct

Not possible unless you mold them to the fenders and cut the origional.
Legal Disclaimer: Anything I or anyone else says about my vehicle on this website(1addicts.com or any affiliated or nonaffiliated sites), pertaining to modifications, is only to gain acceptance from my/our peers, and does not actually represent anything actually existing on my car, and thus, cannot be held against me in any issues, i.e. warranty claims, that may arise.
Appreciate 0
      09-03-2010, 09:12 AM   #8
texasmojo
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2008 128i automatic

That's a nice kit. I'll buy the stock 135i front bumper from whoever buys this kit. Preferably in blue.
Appreciate 0