BMW 1 Series Coupe Forum / 1 Series Convertible Forum (1M / tii / 135i / 128i / Coupe / Cabrio / Hatchback) (BMW E82 E88 128i 130i 135i)

05-27-2010, 05:37 AM   #1
BMW86
Major General
Australia
Rep
Drives: RS3 Sedan / Macan S

How low should I go?

I've got KW V2's on the way and want an idea of how much I should lower my car. I'm also expecting an iCarbon Lip to go on the front which is 1 inch tall so I need to factor that into the equation. I've measured 5.5 inches between the lowest point on the front bumper to the ground on stock ride height. I'm thinking of lowering 0.5 inch in the front but this seems really insignificant.

For those that have lowered their 1ers can you please post pics and say how much you lowered front and rear?
Appreciate 0
      05-27-2010, 05:57 AM   #2
micha3l
Lieutenant
Australia
Rep
Drives: 2011 BMW M3

I'm going to go about 1-1.5"

Are you sure the iCarbon lip really lowers the car much? Ive never seen one in the flesh (not many of us have :P) but it looked to me it bolted up to the bottom of the bumper, therefore not lowering much at all?
Appreciate 0
      05-27-2010, 06:07 AM   #3
x5mad
Lieutenant Colonel
No_Country
Rep
Drives: iX 40

Garage List
bmw  [0.00]
I haven't lowered mine but I think your idea of 0.5 inch would be ideal. Doesn't seem much but will give you peace of mind over bumps and such, would look aggressive enough without the 'slammed' look and less likely to make contact with your tyres.

I am also very interested in these V2s. Would appreciate a review once you have them. Specifically if you don't mind where and how much? Also, I am interested to hear whether the comfort is better than stock. I am looking for the holy Grail of comfort but also improved handling. The vert just rolls too much and isn't particularly comfortable despite ditching runflats.

Congrats on purchase and looking foward to your review!
Appreciate 0
      05-27-2010, 05:37 PM   #4
BMW86
Major General
Australia
Rep
Drives: RS3 Sedan / Macan S

Michael - I recieved the rev1 iCarbon Lip some time ago and I measured it's depth to be exactly 1 inch in the middle. Legally we aren't supposed to be lowered more than 4 inch from the lowest point on the car which only gives us 0.5 inch of room. I'm thinking this may be ideal as I tend to scrape here and there and I'm very careful over bumps as it as.

x5mad - I will do a review as soon as I get them fitted. It's working out to be fairly expensive. I paid an extra US$350 shipping to have them sent to my door on top of US$225 shipping to be sent do Australia. I didn't want to deal with picking it up from the airport plus having to pay customs broker fees anyway (the US$350 is supposed to cover these fees). Now I'm being told my shipment is being held in quarantine which means even more charges. Michael and I both purchased from Jlevi. FYI I received 2 local quotes from Australia and both were 3k each. I'm hoping to save around $700 all up. Also, the Aussie dollar has taken a dive of late so it may work out even more expensive at the moment.
Appreciate 0