BMW 1 Series Coupe Forum / 1 Series Convertible Forum (1M / tii / 135i / 128i / Coupe / Cabrio / Hatchback) (BMW E82 E88 128i 130i 135i)

06-28-2010, 03:13 PM   #1
jc_lbc
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 318ti

Inexpensive car covers?

Does anyone have any experience with inexpensive car covers? My new car will be here in the next week or two and since I only have a one car garage it will be living inside instead of the old 318. So considering where I'll need to park the 318 for a few weeks, I'll need something to protect it from the plants and bird crap that will inevitably end up on it until I can get it shipped out to its new owner.

These are the two I've found so far:
$40 option...
$80 option...

The first one is a better price obviously but I can manage up to $100 if necessary. Keep in mind I should only need to leave it outside for a few weeks max.
Appreciate 0
      06-28-2010, 04:26 PM   #2
JHZR2
Major
Rep
Drives: 91 E30, 11 135i cv

Ive used the better/best "one size" units from autozone, which used to cost about $30-40. Make sure the car is very clean before putting it on, as anything under will scratch, especially if there is motion due to using a one size fits all unit.

Also recommend using the tie down underneath, as due to the improper fit, they will blow off...

Besides that, it is decent enough material (not waterproof).
Appreciate 0
      06-28-2010, 06:24 PM   #3
ennislaw
NCO
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2010 BSM 135i M-Sport

Quote:
Originally Posted by JHZR2 View Post
... Make sure the car is very clean before putting it on, as anything under will scratch, especially if there is motion due to using a one size fits all unit.
Also recommend using the tie down underneath, as due to the improper fit, they will blow off...
I would agree. If you shop around you might find a Tyvex cover that fits, but it'll probably run closer to $50+. Do make sure the car surface is clean and to tie it down; if it's not form fitting it will blow off. Unfortunately, I know.

pge
Appreciate 0