BMW M3 Forum (E90 E92)

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   M3Post - BMW M3 Forum > E90/E92 M3 Technical Topics > Engine, Transmission, Exhaust, Drivetrain, ECU Software Modifications

01-13-2011, 07:19 PM   #1
TheDefinition
TheDefinition
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2011 E92 M3 Coupe, Grey

Getting the Gintani Stage 2 installed next week

Hi all

Heading up to LA on Sat. to hand it over to the guys for putting the Stage 2 SC on. Been waiting for this since before I bought the car in March. Can't wait to punch it.

I was up there a few months back for the Race Exhaust. My god it is the greatest sound in the world period. I'm 40 but I feel like I'm 16 when I drive it to the dry cleaners. Unfortunately, with the Cats off its just too loud, so I'm having them put the high-flow cats on it to know the noise down a bit

Any advice about basic liveability with a SC? Is it just turn it on and rip it? Will the dealer freak out when I take it in for service?

Wish me luck! Next week will suck driving around in POS rental car for sure.
Appreciate 0
      01-13-2011, 07:51 PM   #2
Bob86GN
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 2022 F93 M8

I am also 40 and got my ESS supercharged car back today.
I can not speak to the Gintani kit but from my limited experience, you will wish you did it sooner.
I absolutely feel like I am 16 again
1986 Buick Grand National (10.8 @ 122mph)
1987 Buick Grand National (stockish)
Appreciate 0
      01-13-2011, 08:22 PM   #3
TheKosherStogie
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: 08 M3 DCT AW/Red

Congrats to both of you! I drove my m3 after I took my Gintani SC off and man it is so so SLOW (took it off cause I sold the car)

It needs an SC
BW C13 - 1:57:2
ACS - 1:49:6
WSIR - 1:30:6
Appreciate 0
      01-13-2011, 11:07 PM   #4
biglare
Bulldog
United_States
Rep
Drives: BMW & Porsche

Congrats on getting a S/C!

We will definitely have to meet up after you get it back. I cannot speak to the Gintani kit, but my ESS kit is perfectly fine around town. When you want added power just mash the gas pedal and hold on! It's just awesome!

How long is your install going to tak? Keep us posted!

What time you driving up on Saturday? We have a big group driving up on Saturday to an event at Savini!

http://www.m3post.com/forums/showthread.php?t=472967

GTS
Appreciate 0
      01-14-2011, 11:13 AM   #5
TheDefinition
TheDefinition
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by biglare View Post
Congrats on getting a S/C!

We will definitely have to meet up after you get it back. I cannot speak to the Gintani kit, but my ESS kit is perfectly fine around town. When you want added power just mash the gas pedal and hold on! It's just awesome!

How long is your install going to tak? Keep us posted!

What time you driving up on Saturday? We have a big group driving up on Saturday to an event at Savini!

http://www.m3post.com/forums/showthread.php?t=472967
I'm giving it to them for the week, but some of that time has to do with logistics of getting there & back from San Diego (~2-3 hrs each way depending on traffic). I'll do the trips on consecutive Saturdays.

What are your experiences with Warranty issues? How tough are the dealers?

1/22 is the big day - Looks like I'll miss the Savini event by 1 week.
Appreciate 0
      01-14-2011, 01:21 PM   #6
powertrip
Scared money don't make money.
Rep
Drives: 2009 E92 M3 DCT

Garage List
2009 E92 M3  [0.00]
Congrats brotha . Alex, Arno, Jeremy and Raz will treat you right, they are stand up guys .
Appreciate 0
      01-14-2011, 02:46 PM   #7
biglare
Bulldog
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheDefinition View Post
I'm giving it to them for the week, but some of that time has to do with logistics of getting there & back from San Diego (~2-3 hrs each way depending on traffic). I'll do the trips on consecutive Saturdays.

What are your experiences with Warranty issues? How tough are the dealers?

1/22 is the big day - Looks like I'll miss the Savini event by 1 week.
I talked to the Service Manager and then he recommended a Service Advisor and a Master Tech to work with exclusively. I recommend that as not all Advisors or Techs will work on a modded car.

Congrats again!

GTS
Appreciate 0
      01-17-2011, 11:03 AM   #8
Sales@Gintani.com
United_States
Rep
Drives: Melbourne Red E92 M3

Thanks again for dropping off the car with on your new purchase on Gintani's Stage 2 kit.

I'm pretty sure you will be happy with the new found power. As you well know every single car that was installed at our shop is dyno tuned to achieve the best performance.

Update on pictures as we move along will be posted.

Gintani
Appreciate 0
      01-25-2011, 03:11 AM   #9
biglare
Bulldog
United_States
Rep

Do you have the car back yet? You said you would get the car back on the 22nd.

Lets meet up this week!

GTS
Appreciate 0
      01-25-2011, 07:08 AM   #10
Eugene-TAIWAN
Brigadier General
Taiwan
Rep
Drives: E92 M3 Coupe

Update needed

Past: Gintani stage3 M3, Cayman GTS
present: Porsche 993RWB, 964RS America,996 cupcar, 964 turbo 3.6,Macan Turbo,997GT2,930 turbo,i3, MINI JCW
Appreciate 0
      01-25-2011, 07:58 PM   #11
TheDefinition
TheDefinition
United_States
Rep

I went up on Sat to pick it up. Alex and Jeremy were finishing off the tuning process. After a while, they went out on the road in front of the shop and ripped off a few outrageous blasts. Alex was driving while Jeremy was with the laptop doing whatever one does with a laptop plugged into a car while driven by a madman at high speeds. The sound was simply awesome at full bore. This is even though I had them take off the Cat Deletes (Deleted the Cat Deletes?). The nearby store owners came outside and watched the show for a while After a very thorough interior/exterior wash I was off and away on a test run.

The car simply explodes at high RPM. The power comes at you in smooth increments, but at some point it is just overwhelming. Below 4500 there isn't much difference in power, but M3's aren't about the bottom half of the RPMs, now are they?

The impact of a supercharger will take some getting used to for everyday driving - the techniques needed to drive it smoothly will take a while to get used to. (I'm referring to throttle lift off to engine breaking - much more abrupt and less smooth) Plus it makes lots of new sounds I've never heard before.

I have the numbers here (but not the images yet) @7lbs boost: 525WHP, up from 329WHP (orig. was with the full race exhaust and the cat deletes). Torque is up to 357 from 239 @ 7100 RPM.

I can't wait till they send me the videos and pics from the process, and especially the trial run.

Thanks to the guys there @ Gintani and OETuning for setting me up with an evil beast.
Appreciate 0
      01-25-2011, 08:14 PM   #12
biglare
Bulldog
United_States
Rep

Quote:
I went up on Sat to pick it up. Alex and Jeremy were finishing off the tuning process. After a while, they went out on the road in front of the shop and ripped off a few outrageous blasts. Alex was driving while Jeremy was with the laptop doing whatever one does with a laptop plugged into a car while driven by a madman at high speeds. The sound was simply awesome at full bore. This is even though I had them take off the Cat Deletes (Deleted the Cat Deletes?). The nearby store owners came outside and watched the show for a while After a very thorough interior/exterior wash I was off and away on a test run.

The car simply explodes at high RPM. The power comes at you in smooth increments, but at some point it is just overwhelming. Below 4500 there isn't much difference in power, but M3's aren't about the bottom half of the RPMs, now are they?

The impact of a supercharger will take some getting used to for everyday driving - the techniques needed to drive it smoothly will take a while to get used to. (I'm referring to throttle lift off to engine breaking - much more abrupt and less smooth) Plus it makes lots of new sounds I've never heard before.

I have the numbers here (but not the images yet) @7lbs boost: 525WHP, up from 329WHP (orig. was with the full race exhaust and the cat deletes). Torque is up to 357 from 239 @ 7100 RPM.

I can't wait till they send me the videos and pics from the process, and especially the trial run.

Thanks to the guys there @ Gintani and OETuning for setting me up with an evil beast.
Cool Cool!

So do you have your car? Are you going to bring it to the meet tomorrow night at Lolitas?

GTS
Appreciate 0
      01-25-2011, 08:18 PM   #13
TheDefinition
TheDefinition
United_States
Rep

Unf I wont be able to make it. How frequently do you have them? I can shoot for the next one.
      01-25-2011, 08:23 PM   #14
biglare
Bulldog
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Unf I wont be able to make it. How frequently do you have them? I can shoot for the next one.
That sux you don't have your car back yet.

We have them every other week, here is the link:
http://www.e90post.com/forums/showthread.php?t=471209

Just look at the last page of the thread for details about the next meet.

GTS
Appreciate 0
      01-25-2011, 09:29 PM   #15
Eugene-TAIWAN
Brigadier General
Taiwan
Rep
Drives: E92 M3 Coupe

Quote:

thanks for the update!

Past: Gintani stage3 M3, Cayman GTS
present: Porsche 993RWB, 964RS America,996 cupcar, 964 turbo 3.6,Macan Turbo,997GT2,930 turbo,i3, MINI JCW
Appreciate 0