BMW 1 Series Coupe Forum / 1 Series Convertible Forum (1M / tii / 135i / 128i / Coupe / Cabrio / Hatchback) (BMW E82 E88 128i 130i 135i)

02-03-2011, 03:02 PM   #1
mmadden
Rep
Drives: 2011 135i Coupe

USB Connection

I have a 2011 coupe. When i bought it the salesman at the dealership explained that the new USB Ipod connection didn't require the special adapter sold by BMW. The USB cable by itself works however, ever so often, if I go for a drive lasting longer then an hour, the radio volume will lower itself and then display Hi Temp on the sterio screen. After that it reverts to the radio and wont recognize the USB adapter at all. Anyone else have this issue or know what it is. Wanted some ideas before I take it back to the dealership.
Appreciate 0
      02-03-2011, 09:08 PM   #2
py0413
Major
Canada
Rep
Drives: Slow

I have both the Y-cable and the single USB cable, but never had the problem you mentioned. Maybe take it back to the service get them to figure out what went wrong. Pretty sure it can be covered by the warranty.
      02-03-2011, 09:11 PM   #3
Dackelone
European Editor
Germany
Rep
Drives: N54 e82

Something is wrong with your HU. Take a picture the next time that happens. Then take your car in. Most likely you will need a new HU. Sounds like its over heating and shutting down. Limp mode for the stereo.
Appreciate 0
      02-03-2011, 09:44 PM   #4
NewYearsBoy
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: IS 300

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by mmadden View Post
I have a 2011 coupe. When i bought it the salesman at the dealership explained that the new USB Ipod connection didn't require the special adapter sold by BMW. The USB cable by itself works however, ever so often, if I go for a drive lasting longer then an hour, the radio volume will lower itself and then display Hi Temp on the sterio screen. After that it reverts to the radio and wont recognize the USB adapter at all. Anyone else have this issue or know what it is. Wanted some ideas before I take it back to the dealership.
Samething happens to me I went back to BMW and the GREAT service that I get is they give me a new cable....

Cus it couldn't be the car.....

The car still does it... I will be doing 80 on the highway and it would randomly not work... Then Im trying to fix it no hands on the wheel (still doing 80) So I just give up and go to satellite radio...

"Speed never killed anyone its very important to get that straight, Speed has never killed a soul. Suddenly becoming stationary thats what gets people." - Jeremy Clarkson
Appreciate 0