BMW M3 Forum (E90 E92)

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   M3Post - BMW M3 Forum > E90/E92 M3 Technical Topics > Engine, Transmission, Exhaust, Drivetrain, ECU Software Modifications

BPM

03-03-2011, 04:05 AM   #1
jmflukeiii
Captain
Rep
Drives: 2011 Jet Black M3 ZCP Coupe

Dealership Aftermarket Shop vs. Independent Aftermarket Shop

The dealership I bought my M3 at and whom I've always heard incredible reviews about, and have given an incredible review about myself, has its own aftermarket division that operates independently from the dealership, but must be owned by the same people or something along those lines. This dealership has 5 different franchises, one of them being BMW.

My question is, I feel almost more comfortable having work done at a place like this, that is dealership recommended (obviously, because they own it), makes me just feel more comfortable about the work being performed on my car. Is there any justification for this feeling or will ultimately be more expensive?

So far, the guy who worked with me to actually get my car has been very good about not "selling me just BMW stuff"... i.e. I asked about the M performance exhaust and he said that its highly over-priced, yada yada, and that there's much better aftermarket alternatives. My point being that I've been incredibly pleased with his help so far, from a knowledge perspective, and from a "being honest" standpoint about my options.

This shop at the dealership has also now offered me a full Dinan exhaust set-up "at cost" which I'm not entirely sure what price that means.
2011.5 E92 M3 Jet Black, DCT, Competition, Premium 2, and Convenience Packages, Black Novillo, Enhanced Premium Sound, 15% Tint, Black Kidneys/Reflectors/Gills/Roundels, DINAN Full Exhaust, DINAN Tune.
2006 Range Rover Sport Supercharged Black everything.
Appreciate 0