BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

04-12-2011, 07:44 AM   #1
jhall1957
Captain
Rep
Drives: SE 46

Euro Delivery on 1M?

I was just on BMW US site and built my car up (again) and I noticed the ED button. I clicked it and it showed a breakdown of MSRP as $46,135. a ED price of $42,955 and a savings of $3,180.

Do we know for sure that 1M's are getting the ED pricing? I haven't been tracking alot lately because I got busy, but last I heard they were likely NOT getting ED pricing/savings.
Appreciate 0
      04-12-2011, 08:02 AM   #2
ES BMW
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: '12 E92 M3 ZCP 6MT

Many have gotten ED MSRP pricing (including myself) but there are some dealers that don't seem interested in giving the discount. Have you spoken to your CA about it? I seem to remember this question being asked before.
      04-12-2011, 08:36 AM   #3
jhall1957
Captain
Rep
Drives: SE 46

Quote:
Originally Posted by My E90 View Post
Many have gotten ED MSRP pricing (including myself) but there are some dealers that don't seem interested in giving the discount. Have you spoken to your CA about it? I seem to remember this question being asked before.
Ok, forgive me for asking what you think is the same question, again, but I come down on the side of several others I see on this site as in that it seems like several people are getting way ahead of themselves. Bottomline is that very few(if any) actual allocations have been issued from BMW AG for any 1M's at this point. I have done a ED before and can tell you that nothing is set in stone until you have paid for the car in full and the paper work has been shipped (FedEx'ed) to BMW.

So, let me define my question more so that those on here that are simple thinkers and/or too quick to answer fully understand: has anyone actually signed a contract and made payment arrangements to get a actual, allocated 1M under the normal terms (7% discount) of a euro delivery. Please don't come back and burn me because your salesperson has taken a $500 check and told you it's all good and that salesperson gives you a ED date of something! I've been thru it and that means nothing! I want to know if anyone out there has actually done the paperwork and had arrangements for an actual car!

Sorry if I sound like an A$$hole but I have a VERY good relationship with my dealership and they show me the allocation reports and the real info and as of last week it looked like there were zero actual allocations assigned to dealerships.

Please don't misunderstand me. If your dealership says your on the top of the list for their first car, I'm sure you are and I'm sure many dealerships are taking deposits and promising dates an prices. But as it stands right now, I think many are using their "best guess" to cover their bases.

So again, and I'm sorry if MyE90 has actually ordered, but my question is this, has anyone done the paperwork to get a 1M on ED?
Appreciate 0
      04-12-2011, 09:45 AM   #4
rjwojcik
Captain
Rep
Drives: 2016 VW Golf GTD

What's ED chaps?
Appreciate 0
      04-12-2011, 09:49 AM   #5
snowfro
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: 1991 318i

I have not signed my final contract, but they quoted me my lease/purchase terms yesterday, ran my credit, and I'll be in there early next week to finalize everything. So NO I haven't filled in all the paperwork but I have no reason to believe it won't go through...

Reservation Letter - Erick Production # xxxxxxx

Thank you for your European Delivery reservation request. Your request has been accepted but there is one important step left to complete the order process.

Please prepare the European Delivery Purchase Order and send the completed original, signed documents and a copy of the passport to our office no later than 30 days prior to your customer’s confirmed delivery date.

Customer: Erick
Model: 1 M Coupe
Transmission: Manual
Production # now in your inventory: xxxxxxxx
Requested Delivery Date: 06/17/2011
Check In Time: 2:30 PM
Actual Vehicle Delivery: 4:00PM

Your customer should present themselves at the check in counter at the BMW Welt at their scheduled check in time. This is an actual appointment – kindly remind your customer not to be late.
2004 x3 manual
2011 1m

Last edited by snowfro; 04-12-2011 at 09:59 AM..
Appreciate 0
      04-12-2011, 09:52 AM   #6
rjwojcik
Captain
Rep

A ha... European Delivery. So, how do you guys get your car home? Is it up to you to pay for the shipping costs? Thanks
Appreciate 0
      04-12-2011, 09:57 AM   #7
snowfro
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: 1991 318i

Pretty sweet deal... they give oyu a 7% discount, pay for insurance while you're there, and then you come back and pick it up at the dealership a couple of months later. I pay my plane ticket and hotel stay. Overall the cost of the trip will be around $2k but I should save $3k+ so it's worth it!
2004 x3 manual
2011 1m
Appreciate 0
      04-12-2011, 09:57 AM   #8
JasonCSU
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: '08 135i, '88 325is

Garage List
1988 BMW 325is  [0.00]
2008 BMW 135i  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by rjwojcik View Post
A ha... European Delivery. So, how do you guys get your car home? Is it up to you to pay for the shipping costs? Thanks
Actually, shipping and two weeks worth of driving insurance is included with European Delivery. It's a pretty great deal overall. I don't understand why they don't offer it in the UK since shipping wouldn't even be a part of the equation.
      04-12-2011, 10:06 AM   #9
ES BMW
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: '12 E92 M3 ZCP 6MT

Quote:
Originally Posted by jhall1957 View Post
So, let me define my question more so that those on here that are simple thinkers and/or too quick to answer fully understand: has anyone actually signed a contract and made payment arrangements to get a actual, allocated 1M under the normal terms (7% discount) of a euro delivery. Please don't come back and burn me because your salesperson has taken a $500 check and told you it's all good and that salesperson gives you a ED date of something! I've been thru it and that means nothing! I want to know if anyone out there has actually done the paperwork and had arrangements for an actual car!
Ok, now.. this a more specific question and one that I cannot answer and would not have tried to answer had it been the original question.

My deposit paperwork stated that I would be purchasing the car at the ED discount when this number is known. It would be the 3rd car that I have purchased through this dealer (my 2nd ED) and there was no hesitation on their part about agreeing to this discount whether it came from their allocation or not. I suppose I can say that I have a good relationship with this dealer.

However, I have not signed any final paperwork and have since pulled out of the deal after the horrendous lease rate for the 1M was released by BMWFS. I probably would have gotten an allocation spot being the #2 person in line at this larger dealer in the South, but I will never know for sure. All I can say is that they did agree to sell the car at the ED discount and this was answering your original question.
Appreciate 0
      04-12-2011, 10:10 AM   #10
rjwojcik
Captain
Rep

Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by JasonCSU View Post
Actually, shipping and two weeks worth of driving insurance is included with European Delivery. It's a pretty great deal overall. I don't understand why they don't offer it in the UK since shipping wouldn't even be a part of the equation.
Cheers snowfro and JasonCSU... Many years ago my old boss went over to pick up his new Merc from their factory but I don't even know whether they offer this now. Sounds like a brilliant idea to me, having a couple of weeks of playtime before heading home. After your visit, do you just have to drive it to a port for loading onto a ship for transportation?
Appreciate 0
      04-12-2011, 10:14 AM   #11
///M1
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: Many

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by snowfro View Post
Pretty sweet deal... they give oyu a 7% discount, pay for insurance while you're there, and then you come back and pick it up at the dealership a couple of months later. I pay my plane ticket and hotel stay. Overall the cost of the trip will be around $2k but I should save $3k+ so it's worth it!
It is a sweet deal, but just to be clear for others: 7% discount is on base price (not options), insurance is paid for a limited time (2 weeks) but you can pay out of pocket for longer. Lufthansa also 'pitches' in and gives you buy one ticket, get 2nd free (companion needs to fly exact same itenerary as you).

And don't forget, you can opt for PCD (Performance Center Delivery) instead of dealer delivery and get 1 day of M schooling! Absolute win win!
1998 Porsche 993 C4S: Zenith Blue, last aircooled widebody, Bilstein PSS10, Fister II + Fabspeed exhaust
2008 Audi B7 RS 4: Sprint Blue, Audi Exclusive Euro Bucket Interior, Premium+Titanium, many mods
Appreciate 0
      04-12-2011, 10:29 AM   #12
JasonCSU
Colonel
United_States
Rep

Garage List
1988 BMW 325is  [0.00]
2008 BMW 135i  [0.00]
Quote:
Cheers snowfro and JasonCSU... Many years ago my old boss went over to pick up his new Merc from their factory but I don't even know whether they offer this now. Sounds like a brilliant idea to me, having a couple of weeks of playtime before heading home. After your visit, do you just have to drive it to a port for loading onto a ship for transportation?
No, you don't have to take it directly to a port, just one of the shipping company's offices. I believe EH Harms is the shipping company that is used, and they had numerous drop off points when I did my trip. I ended up dropping my car off right by Heathrow airport.
      04-12-2011, 11:18 AM   #13
rjwojcik
Captain
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by JasonCSU View Post
No, you don't have to take it directly to a port, just one of the shipping company's offices. I believe EH Harms is the shipping company that is used, and they had numerous drop off points when I did my trip. I ended up dropping my car off right by Heathrow airport.
Which is in good ol' blighty... My point is that I'll have to mention this to my dealer upon my next visit, if they can accomodate you guys dropping off in England then why not just us Limey's do the same
Appreciate 0
      04-12-2011, 11:31 AM   #14
JasonCSU
Colonel
United_States
Rep

Garage List
1988 BMW 325is  [0.00]
2008 BMW 135i  [0.00]
Quote:
Which is in good ol' blighty... My point is that I'll have to mention this to my dealer upon my next visit, if they can accomodate you guys dropping off in England then why not just us Limey's do the same
That is a good question. I'm not sure if BMW Group doesn't offer ED to other countries, or if it is BMW UK that doesn't want to deal with it. It's definitely worth pursuing though.
      04-12-2011, 12:05 PM   #15
as7920
Colonel
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: 2023 SG/FR M4 xDrive Competiti

I believe the UK law is an ass!

My dealer tells me there could be a loophole in the law which may allow UK buyers to purchase 1M through ED however I haven't had any news since Saturday.

Scott26 confirmed it wasn't an option at the time some months ago.

I also saw that Mercedes were offering it to UK customers so why not BMW?
Apparently it has something to do with when the vehicles come into the country, customs and excise?

Hopefully we will hear something soon before mine is produced.
Appreciate 0
      04-12-2011, 01:26 PM   #16
hwelvaar
Major
Belgium
Rep
Drives: BMW M135i MT

Can anyone explain me why exactly a ED does cost less ?
Are there any other (hidden) costs for ED ? (transport?)
Appreciate 0
      04-12-2011, 02:14 PM   #17
///M1
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: Many

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by hwelvaar View Post
Can anyone explain me why exactly a ED does cost less ?
Are there any other (hidden) costs for ED ? (transport?)
No hidden charges, almost makes it sound to be too good to be true, but it is real. No shipping, as in the US you are charged a Destination Fee ($875 IIRC), so technically that covers shipping (BMW needs to ship the car to the USA anyhow, you picking it up there doesn't add much, other than more complicated logistics perhaps).

Audi USA does that too, though I think their discount is 5%.

Porsche USA does that, but they actually charge you for it! Typical considering who's the manufacturer!

Check this link, you can click on all the 'steps'. Notice also the proposed itineraries

http://www.bmwusa.com/Standard/Conte...sWoWKKWaFGULM=
1998 Porsche 993 C4S: Zenith Blue, last aircooled widebody, Bilstein PSS10, Fister II + Fabspeed exhaust
2008 Audi B7 RS 4: Sprint Blue, Audi Exclusive Euro Bucket Interior, Premium+Titanium, many mods
Appreciate 0
      04-12-2011, 02:31 PM   #18
GeeRam
Major
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: X5 40d SE

Quote:
Originally Posted by as7920 View Post
I believe the UK law is an ass!

My dealer tells me there could be a loophole in the law which may allow UK buyers to purchase 1M through ED however I haven't had any news since Saturday.

Scott26 confirmed it wasn't an option at the time some months ago.

I also saw that Mercedes were offering it to UK customers so why not BMW?
Apparently it has something to do with when the vehicles come into the country, customs and excise?

Hopefully we will hear something soon before mine is produced.
I agree it bleedin frustrating we can't do it. It must be a BMW thing though, as you say, you can do factory collection back to the UK with both MB and Porsche, so why not BMW.

With our cars due for building in the same week, we could have had a two car convoy back from the Welt
Appreciate 0
      04-12-2011, 02:40 PM   #19
DarthColin
First Lieutenant
Canada
Rep
Drives: 2011 1 Series M Coupe

How about this: Last time I checked, in Canada you can go the European Delivery route, but there was no discount. Just free insurance for two weeks.