BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

05-09-2011, 01:29 PM   #1
theshiningnova
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: VO 1M

Is my dealer a bit fishy?

So, I ordered a 1M, put down a big deposit. Got the price, lease rate, production number, production date, ED date all confirmed through the phone and email. I was REALLY HAPPY!

After hearing some other 1addicts members' story about dealer changing their mind and charging over MSRP instead of at a discount or MSRP tho. I thought may be I should ask my CA for something in writing and emailed him. Every time he would just say yeah yeah yeah and type those details down in the email instead of actually sending me something official looking(some sort of sales contract??? paperwork???) even if I offered to come into the dealership to do it. Should I be worried?

Kind of distressed now that I want to start booking my trip. It would really suck to have everything booked and then have the dealer back out on the deal......
Appreciate 0
      05-09-2011, 02:05 PM   #2
ESC OFF
Major
Rep
Drives: 1M, CaymanS, 914, 500 Abarth

You should have received a customer worksheet with your order in writing including costs. The only * is typically something like "subject to BMW pricing", this would be preferrable to an e-mail, because both parties would need to sign it. If you do not have this information request it from your dealer, if they are not willing to provide it talk to the GM.
      05-09-2011, 08:00 PM   #3
rossii
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: with wheels

If you have all you lease #'s and pricing in an email you should be fine unless you signed something saying prices subject to change. If you booked you trip and they decided to change something on you causing you to not go, you should be able to take them to court if it gets to that point. However, if they've worked all the numbers and done the ED paperwork then I dont see that happening. If it makes you feel better than call the GM and ask for something with a sig to be sent to you.
      05-10-2011, 11:30 AM   #4
ES BMW
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: '12 E92 M3 ZCP 6MT

Go to the dealer and get it in writing from the sale or general manager. You'll sleep better at night.