BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

06-17-2011, 05:19 PM   #1
inluvwithastripper
Private
United_States
Rep
Drives: VO 1M

Does this sound fishy to you?

I put down a deposit and placed an order in March with a promised 4 of 4 allocation with a vague late summer production timeline.

A few weeks ago I started putting pressure on my CA to get my production number for me. He said, "You don't get a production number until your car gets 'pulled' for production." Fine, I said, at least tell me my production month. After some wishy-washiness, I put on more pressure and he told me I had a July build and he told me he would get me my production number in a few weeks.

I got in contact with him today. He said he checked yesterday and he said that my order was still in 047 status. Now I'm starting to get really worried that they sold me a hopeful allocation.

Some questions for anyone who would be kind enough to answer:

-How far before your car began production did you get a production number?

-How far before your production did your status change from 047?

-Do you agree that something is not right with my CA?

-I'm going to talk to my CA tomorrow. Any advice?

Thanks.
Appreciate 0
      06-17-2011, 06:51 PM   #2
M3 Adjuster
Banned
Albania
Rep
Drives: 1M, X1 M Sport, E46 325ic

Search other threads on this for answers to the questions below. At least once a week a thread pops up with similar questions.

"-How far before your car began production did you get a production number?

-How far before your production did your status change from 047?"

An example of other threads...

http://www.1addicts.com/forums/showthread.php?t=544954
Appreciate 0
      06-17-2011, 07:01 PM   #3
inluvwithastripper
Private
United_States
Rep

Thanks for the suggestion, but I've already done this. Those posts are filled with contradictory information, and (as I'm sure many others are) I am just freaking a little and just looking for a little more concrete information to soothe the nerves. Give a brother a break, I don't have a 1M or sweet E30 sitting in my driveway.
Appreciate 0
      06-17-2011, 08:07 PM   #4
Papethova
Banned
Rep
Drives: '08 135/ '11 1M

I waited months (5-6) from deposit to production number. I had many doubts along the way all the while being told dont worry, then one day the ED packet was sitting on my doorstep.

Im still not yet in production, but I dont pick up until September so there is no rush.
Appreciate 0
      06-17-2011, 08:15 PM   #5
sparoz
Brigadier General
Australia
Rep
Drives: VO 1///M; Macan Turbo

We only get our production number pretty much just right before production in Aus - I would assume it would be similar in NA?
Appreciate 0
      06-17-2011, 08:38 PM   #6
desertfox73
Banned
Rep
Drives: 2018 F83 / 2018 F85

Quote:
Originally Posted by Papethova View Post
I waited months (5-6) from deposit to production number. I had many doubts along the way all the while being told dont worry, then one day the ED packet was sitting on my doorstep.

Im still not yet in production, but I dont pick up until September so there is no rush.
When did you place your deposit? Was it well before production began?
Appreciate 0
      06-17-2011, 08:39 PM   #7
Papethova
Banned
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by desertfox73 View Post
When did you place your deposit? Was it well before production began?
Negotiated the deal in December

1/1/11 they charged my CC
Appreciate 0
      06-17-2011, 08:51 PM   #8
desertfox73
Banned
Rep
Drives: 2018 F83 / 2018 F85

Quote:
Originally Posted by Papethova View Post
Negotiated the deal in December

1/1/11 they charged my CC
Well, that's about the best way I've heard to ring in the new year.
Appreciate 0
      06-17-2011, 08:57 PM   #9
Papethova
Banned
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by desertfox73 View Post
Well, that's about the best way I've heard to ring in the new year.
Sorry forgot a 1

its 1/11/11 LOL
Appreciate 0
      06-18-2011, 12:21 AM   #10
1VOM
Private
Rep
Drives: 2011 1M, 2014 R8 V10 Plus

-How far before your car began production did you get a production number?

You won't be able to get a production number on your car until it is officially accepted to be put into production by BMW. Long story short 047 status simply means that your dealership submitted an order for a car that a customer would love to be built for them but your really at the mercy of BMW at this point. BMW will decide whether or not they will accept the order and unfortunately until that point you just have to keep hoping.

-How far before your production did your status change from 047?

If you truly have an allocation spot that the dealership has already confirmed they will be receiving from BMW then there is really no telling how far in advance the production status will change. Most likely the status will change to 111 a few weeks before your production begins.

-Do you agree that something is not right with my CA?

This is simply my opinion but unless you know your CA personally or have done business with him before there is probably a good chance something is up. From personal experience in my search for a 1M I spoke to many people who gave me the run around and I eventually was able to spot them a mile away. The good thing that came from my search was my encounters with a few straight forward individuals who were willing to flat out tell me that although other dealerships won't admit it, "they likely have 10+ deposits for allocations on this car and have not told a single customer how many they have wanting this car. They will submit the order for their customers as there is no limit to the amount of orders submitted but they may be lucky to get those first two orders."

-I'm going to talk to my CA tomorrow. Any advice?

I would sit down and ask him to give it to you straight. I would ask to have the sales manager present and ask that you see their order bank to see when your specific order with your name on it was submitted along with how many people are really ahead of you in this bank. Tell them that you just don't want to sit around waiting for something that may never happen. If this isn't one of the largest dealerships in the country the "4 of 4 confirmed allocations" seems to be bullshit IMO. Even the largest dealership in the country hasn't been awarded 4 allocations (let alone 4 by July) and they have had orders submitted since last december. Ask them to give it to you straight and if they won't ask for your money back and walk out of the place. Allocations are still available out there and you may be able to work a deal on a car coming to the U.S. that hasn't been sold yet or someones credit fell through. Search big markets such as California and Florida.
Appreciate 0
      06-22-2011, 12:52 PM   #11
inluvwithastripper
Private
United_States
Rep

First off, thanks so much for the info. I went to meet with the sales manager and found out my CA was severly uninformed.

Long story short, I do not have the July production slot that my CA told me I did. H was just assuming their allocations were coming on a monthly basis since their previous allocations came on a monthly basis.

The good news is that I have a confirmed production slot for September. It took the sales manager contacting their BMW rep to get accurate information. They do, in fact, have five allocations, and I am number four; my dealership is the largest privately owned dealership in the country.

Again, thanks for all of the info, it was very helpful when talking with the sales manager.
Appreciate 0
      06-22-2011, 01:11 PM   #12
08carreragt
Registered
Rep
Drives: E46 330

Quote:
Originally Posted by inluvwithastripper View Post
First off, thanks so much for the info. I went to meet with the sales manager and found out my CA was severly uninformed.

Long story short, I do not have the July production slot that my CA told me I did. H was just assuming their allocations were coming on a monthly basis since their previous allocations came on a monthly basis.

The good news is that I have a confirmed production slot for September. It took the sales manager contacting their BMW rep to get accurate information. They do, in fact, have five allocations, and I am number four; my dealership is the largest privately owned dealership in the country.

Again, thanks for all of the info, it was very helpful when talking with the sales manager.
I also live in the Chicago area and I've seriously been considering a 1M. Can you tell me what dealership you used? I'm trying to get an idea of avaliabiliy among Chicago area dealerships to determine how quickly I need to make my decision.

Thanks
Appreciate 0
      06-22-2011, 01:59 PM   #13
inluvwithastripper
Private
United_States
Rep

From all the digging I've done, there are no allocations left in the Chicago area. You might want to try calling some out of state dealers or, if you're really in need of a fix, you might be able to find one out in Cali at a premium.
Appreciate 0