BMW 1 Series Coupe Forum / 1 Series Convertible Forum (1M / tii / 135i / 128i / Coupe / Cabrio / Hatchback) (BMW E82 E88 128i 130i 135i)

06-18-2011, 05:10 AM   #1
techthentic
Private
Rep
Drives: 335i, 370z

Vancouver Vinyl

Does anyone have experience with shops in Vancouver that do vinyl wrap?
I'm looking to have my roof done in gloss black vinyl.
I've read that a few problems include installers not properly wrapping the roof-rack rails separate from the roof, a bad job on the shark fin, the gloss black vinyl being too thin at some places, bubbles, peeling, gloss black vinyl being extremely susceptible to scratches, etc.
Shops, experiences, and price ranges would be great!
Appreciate 0
      06-18-2011, 10:22 PM   #2
t02t
First Lieutenant
Taiwan
Rep
Drives: 135i

You could try the shops in Richmond such as SR auto group, they should do a decent job considering they wrapped 90% of their cars in matte black. Not sure on the price though, but don't expect it to be too cheap. Seeing that wrapping cars in matte black is becoming a trend here in Van i'm sure lots of the other shops will do it too, just call and see if you can check out cars they worked on before.
MM design also does alot of wrapping.. cept most of their cars are hideous at best. but perhaps if you tell them what to do it might be ok?
GL!