XBimmers.com | BMW X6 Forum X5 Forum

TireRack

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   XBimmers.com | BMW X6 Forum X5 Forum > BMW X5 Forums > General BMW X5 (E70) and X5M Forum (2006-2013)

08-07-2011, 11:31 AM   #1
14bmws
Private
Rep
Drives: 2008 M3 Sedan

Wheel options

Hello all ,

I will be purchasing a 35i sport this week. I really don't want those huge (wide) wheels that come with the sport or Msport package.

There is a no cost option to go to a 19 inch wheel with the sport pack, but seeing one like that on a dealers lot yesterday left me a bit underwhelmed.

Does anyone know of a 20 inch wheel (OEM) that is not 11 inches wide? I'm wondering if a 10 inch wide wheel on both fronts and rears will work without having the extended fender flairs. Not sure why but those things just look like after market bolt ons to me. Also, It just makes no sense to have an SUV that needs different tires in the winter.

Last edited by 14bmws; 08-07-2011 at 11:38 AM..
Appreciate 0
      08-07-2011, 05:48 PM   #2
catgo
Rep
Drives: 2012 X5 3.0d

Quote:
Originally Posted by 14bmws View Post
Hello all ,

I will be purchasing a 35i sport this week. I really don't want those huge (wide) wheels that come with the sport or Msport package.

There is a no cost option to go to a 19 inch wheel with the sport pack, but seeing one like that on a dealers lot yesterday left me a bit underwhelmed.

Does anyone know of a 20 inch wheel (OEM) that is not 11 inches wide? I'm wondering if a 10 inch wide wheel on both fronts and rears will work without having the extended fender flairs. Not sure why but those things just look like after market bolt ons to me. Also, It just makes no sense to have an SUV that needs different tires in the winter.
I'm in the same dilemma as you are. After asking a few questions I am planning on buying 4 10x20 style 333 wheels from the dealer and mount 275/45/20 tires all around. According to the dealer, there is absolutely no problem having the non-staggered set-up. I'n my case I'm doing it to have a more comfortable ride since I think the 315 are just too wide and make the car feel too heavy and wobbly, even though it looks great!
Appreciate 0