BMW 1 Series Coupe Forum / 1 Series Convertible Forum (1M / tii / 135i / 128i / Coupe / Cabrio / Hatchback) (BMW E82 E88 128i 130i 135i)

02-13-2012, 08:29 PM   #1
J_Waffles
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2014 AW/CR M235i

Black 18" CSL 269 Questions/Reviews

I was wondering if any 135 owners on the forum had put these wheels on their 1 and if they had a positive experience with the wheels (chipping, rubbing, etc.) I was looking to purchase and wrap them in a set of Michelin PSS's for a summer set up. Also if anyone has had any experience with the PSS's please feel free to chime in, however I have already searched and read many positive reviews around the forums. Thanks.

Here's the link for the wheels: http://www.ebay.com/itm/18-OE-269-CS...#ht_4714wt_986
Attached Images

Appreciate 0
      02-13-2012, 09:16 PM   #2
New21er
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2011 135i

I am no wheel expert but I would wonder what people will say about the 37mm offset?
Appreciate 0
      02-13-2012, 11:14 PM   #3
M_BYEEE
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: BSM X5M

these are actually the BMW Style 269 Performance wheels. So I don't know where they got their name from haha.

So you are planning on running a square setup then 18x8 on all four corners? Most wouldn't go that route because this limits the tire size you can run in the rear and you probably need to use spacers to get a decent look or they may appear a bit sunken in in the rears. But it does make for a nice DD because then you can rotate the tires, but not the best for traction.

As far as the quality there doesn't appear to be an actual brand for these wheels. Guarantee at a $600 price point they are not OEM BMW.

If I were you I would look into...
VMR VB3

Alufelgen SF-71

Alufelgen CS7

My personal favorite out of the three is the VMR VB3! Although these sets are just about double the price of the set you're looking at, lots of other forum members run these setups and they are a good value for the price. just my .02. Hope that helps
      02-13-2012, 11:38 PM   #4
Maconer98
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2010 BMW 135i AW/CORAL RED MT

I can chime in on the Michelin PSS's...I bought them a few months back and was able to take them to the track before being put away for the winter time. I have to preface my feedback by saying that this was my first time on a track with no prior experience so I can't really compare but the instructor that was with me during the wet slalom portion of the HPDE was impressed on how much it took to lose grip with the tires. Moving from RFTs to the PSSs was a dream. It was money well spent. I highly recommend them.
Cold Weather Pkg / Sport Pkg / Active Steering / Comfort Access / Prem Hi-Fi / Bluetooth / Rear PDC / BMW Perf 313s wrapped with Michelin PSSs / Dunlop Winter Sport 3D (winter) on 17'' Motegis / Blacked Out 135i badge / BMW Performance Grills / BMW Performance Power Kit Stage 1 / BMW Performance Exhaust
Appreciate 0
      02-14-2012, 01:01 AM   #5
J_Waffles
United_States
Rep

Thanks for all the input guys. The car is going to be my DD, so I was looking to go with a square setup that way I would be able to rotate the tires, thus extending the life and such. The way I was going to counteract the loss of traction by doing this was by going with the Michelin PSS's which received extremely good reviews about ability to put power to the ground. I wasn't looking to drop 1200 or 1300 on rims, but will if I have to. My other idea was to possibly have the stock rims Powder Coated in black. I've seen this look and am rather fond of it. It's certainly up there on my options list. Once again thanks for all your help.
Appreciate 0
      02-14-2012, 08:00 AM   #6
ptack
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 135i

Garage List
2008 135i  [6.50]
Save the square set up for winter wheels. There's no point to buying the best performance tires if you end up going narrower than stock and worry about wear. You should be able to get 2-3 years out of a set of proper summers assuming you drive reasonably. Go for wider wheels and tires and enjoy what a 135i can do.
      02-14-2012, 08:33 AM   #7
J_Waffles
United_States
Rep

I feel like "enjoying what a 135i can do" implies not driving reasonably haha. But I appreciate the advice, they sell staggered setups of the same exact wheels so maybe I'll pick up a set of those. I have a beater station wagon that I can use in the winter, and where I live in Jersey we only get a couple of snowy days a year so I'm not going to be using a winter wheel setup, this will be my wheel setup all year round, but the 1er will never be seeing the snow, it'll have to enjoy the view from the driveway haha. Thanks for the advice though, it's all much appreciated.
Appreciate 0